Chapter 17: Merry Christmas

Taemin's P.O.V

"What did you do today?" I asked.
"I met with my friend" Naeun-ah answered through the phone but I could hear her hesitation.
"Oh, who?"
"Her name's Shin Yi-na. She's a business major. We simply went out together."
"Just you two?"
"No, we met two guys by coincidence and they tagged along."
"Two guys? Two random guys?" He asked.
"Are you jealous by any chance?" She asked hopefully.
"No. Not at all" I answered, "I just wanted to know. To be honest Jongin-ah saw you two. And you and that guy looked quite close. At least Jongin-ah said that."
"Um yeah, he's the guy I told you about last time. My classmate from middle school who I bumped into at the convenience store."
"Ah I see" I only said.
"There's nothing between us!" She shouted through the phone.
"I know" I laughed. She was so cute. Of course I would never even think that Naeun-ah would cheat one me.

"Anyway, are you free on Christmas? Do you want to spend it together? I have a recording on the 26th and my family wants me to visit on the 25th so I want to be with you on the 24th."

Naeun's P.O.V

I want to be with you.

To be honest that was the only sentence I heard out of that long sentence.

"You've gotten really good at saying those things smoothly."
"What?" Oppa asked obviously confused.
"Nothing. I'm just happy. So what are we doing on Christmas?"
"I would love to take you out to some fancy restaurant but how does homemade dinner at my dorm sound?"
I had to think about the last time we went out for a date.
"That sounds great. Homemade? Will you make it?" I laughed.

"Well, I thought that Kibum-hyung could make it but if you don't care about the quality I can also cook."
"I kind of want to see you cook. So how about you try something simple like jjimdak?"
"That sounds manageable."
"Alright, then I'll come over at 3."
"That early?"
"Sure, I want to see you cook!"
"Araseo" he then agreed.

After I hung up Hayoung-ah came out from her room.
"Oh, unnie. I'm going to the convenience store to buy some things. Do you want me to get you something?"
"No, but I'll come along. You shouldn't go to the convenience store alone when it's this late" I scolded her.
"Araseoyo~ Thank you, unni." She said with a high-pitched voice.
I laughed and we quickly went out.

"Do you always come to this convenience store when it's late?" I asked Jaemin-ah who was picking out Ramyun from the shelf.
"No, I always come here. Not only when it's late" he answered after he saw that it was me.
"What about you? Why are you out when it's already dark? It's dangerous."
"Don't worry. I only came because I didn't want her to go alone" I answered and pointed at Hayoung-ah in front of the shelf with toothbrushes, "Besides, you don't have to look out for me anymore. I'm not in middle school anymore. But thank you, you're still so kind and caring."
"I'm not. There's a reason" I heard him mumble quietly but chose to ignore it. I was probably not meant to hear it.

Hayoung's P.O.V

"By the way, do you have anything planned on the 25th?" The guy asked Naeun-unni.
"A few people from my major are having a party, so Yina will also be there. Won't you come as well?"
"But I'm not even in your major." Naeun-unni answered.

I face-palmed at that. What was she doing? The first thing she should do was say that she has a boyfriend!

"That's no problem. Some people are also bringing their boyfriend and girlfriend."
"Oh, is that so? Um...I don't have anything planned on the 25th but I'm kind of waiting for an invitation for that day."
"What do you mean?"

Naeun's P.O.V

"Unni! I'm finished!"
"Oh alright"
I looked at Jaemin-ah. "Um..I don't think I'll go..."
"You should. It will be fun!" Jaemin-ah said.
"Yes, I'll think about it."
"Give me a call if you're going. You'd make me really happy." he said and smiled sweetly.
"Araseo" I answered him.

"Don't go there" Hayoung-ah said as we walked back to the dorm.
"What?"
"Taemin-sunbaenim wouldn't like that."
"What do you mean?"
"He was literally asking you to be his date!" Hayoung-ah shouted.
"You mean Jaemin-ah? No way! We're only friends."
"I don't think he's of the same opinion."
"What do you mean by that? Jaemin-ah doesn't think of me like that."
"Are you sure? I don't think so."
"Im sure. I've known him for a long time!"
"Alright, I'll trust you for now. But if he ever seems like he does you have to cut him off quickly!"
"I got it. You don't have to worry about me."
.
.
.
And soon Christmas came.

I looked around carefully before I got off the car and entered the building.
But just when I set foot in in the apartment complex I bumped into someone and fell backwards.

The person I bumped into quickly put his arm around me to keep me from falling. I looked up.

"Minho-shi!"
"Hello, Naeun-ah. I'm the last one. The others already left. Have fun tonight." He winked as he said that.
"Um...thank you. Oh, belated happy birthday, Minho-shi" I said.
"Thanks" he smiled brightly and let go of me after I found my balance again.
"Then, I'm gonna get going. I'm actually late" he said and looked at his watch.
"Merry Christmas!" He shouted as he ran out of the building.
I smiled after him. It was always nice with oppa's members.
But I was quite happy it was just the two of us today.