*Chapter 11: Tell me the truth

Naeun's P.O.V

"Hey, I'm going out now" Eunji-unni peeked through our door.
"Do you want to come along?" Eunji-unni asked me and Namjoo-ya.
"No, I'm going out to meet a friend in ten." Namjoo-ya answered after looking at the clock.

"What about you, Naeun-ah?"
I thought about it. I didn't have anything planned today.
"Sure, what are we doing?"

"I'm meeting up with Key-oppa and Taemin-shi."
I swallowed loudly. I only nodded and tried not to think about how close his face was last week.

By the way: Did somebody else also realize later on that they couldn't have kissed last chapter because Taemin was wearing a face mask??

We went into the living room and spotted Hayoung-ah there.
"Aren't you doing anything, Hayoung-ah?" Eunji-unni asked "Why don't you tag along as well?"

She jumped up immediately "Sure why not"

Eunji-unni was excited and chattering on the whole drive to the café where we were meeting because Key-sunbae had promised her souvenirs from Japan. I wished oppa had promised me something to look forward to as well so I could be excited about meeting someone as well.

"Oppa!" Eunji-unni called as we entered the café. There were only a few people. Key-sunbae stood up to greet us and so did oppa.

My heart skipped a beat as he motioned for me to sit beside him.
Key-sunbae gave Eunji-unni his presents but carried them himself when we left the café.

We had decided to go bowling and Key-sunbae was driving us. As Eunji-unni sat next to Key-sunbae oppa was forced to sit in the back with Hayoung-ah and me.

Just like that night he was blankly staring out the window while I glanced at him once or twice or maybe more than that.
The hood he was wearing and the face mask reminded me of that night more than once.

While Key-sunbae, Eunji-unni and Oppa were fine with the bowling balls there Hayoung-ah and I headed elsewhere to look for lighter ones.

"Unni, could it be...you like Taemin-sunbae? Or that you are at least interested in him?"

I looked at her in shock.
"N-no I mean...what are you saying, Hayoung-ah" I laughed like what she was saying was the silliest thing in earth.

I glanced at her carefully to see whether she believed me.

She looked at me concerned.
"Tell me the truth unni. You like him, don't you? Or did something happen? I always asumed you two lost contact after filming ended but now I realize I actually never asked."

I tried to laugh it off nervously "What are you saying?"

"Unni" she said and looked at me directly in the eyes.

"I...I think I do. I think I like oppa. I can't help looking his way and thinking about him." I admitted. I was flustered and shocked at my own words.
Realization hit me slowly after. I just understood what I had said when I saw Hayoung-ah's both shocked and happy expression and I thought about what I had said.

I was interested in him. I was attracted to him. I might even like him. I said that. And Hayoung-ah knew it before I even thought about it.

Suddenly my phone rang:
Eunji-unni: Why are you taking so long?

"Is it Eunji-unni?" Hayoung-ah asked.
I nodded and we went back.

Oppa was texting someone. Did I really like him? This guy? Who wouldn't even message me two years ago?

He suddenly looked up and saw me staring at him.

My eyes went wide and I automatically looked away. Then I realized that that would look like I'm avoiding him and I slowly turned my head again. When our eyes met he chuckled. Did I make it obvious what was going on in my head?

"Did you have fun?" Oppa asked me as we walked to a restaurant to eat dinner.
"Yeah, I did! What about you?"
"I also did. It was a lot of fun" he said and he laughed.
I felt comfortable just the way he made me feel when we used to film WGM. But now his smile made my hear beat faster as well.
I looked at him and his eyes met mine. I looked away automatically and an awkward tension formed.
"But your score was really bad, oppa" I said trying to lift the tension.
"Well I'm still better than you" he replied.
"No way! Definitely not! You couldn't even get a single strike, oppa!"
"Why you!" He playfully hit my arm.
"It's true!" I insisted and looked at him.

Time seemed to stop instantly as his nose was suddenly right in front of my eyes. I looked up and his eyes were staring into mine intensely but with the warmth I saw every time I've looked into his eyes.

Time only resumed when Hayoung-ah who was walking behind us with Key-sunbae and Eunji-unni bumped into me.

"What are you two doing there?" She asked.
"N-nothing" I stuttered.
"Let's keep going" oppa said but his voice sounded rather forced.
I only nodded and Oppa and I just had some casual small talk drin the rest of the way.

"By the way, should we ask the other members whether we should get the something to eat?" Key-sunbae said when the waiter handed out the menus.
"Yeah, good idea, let's ask" oppa said and took out his phone to write a message.

"Jonghyun-hyung says he's fine and Onew-hyung isn't replying but I think he said something about meeting up with colleagues today" oppa said after a while.
"Minho must still be sleeping. He had a shoot three o'clock this morning and wasn't back when we left" Key-sunbae said.
"Wait I'll call him"

"Minho-ya, what are you doing?"
"I just woke up. I came back from the shoot just an hour ago."
"We're at a restaurant right now. Do you want us to get you something?"
"Yeah, that...wait, which one? Where? I'll come."
"Oh that's alright as well. It's the one you went to with your brother last time. You said the food wait ell as good so we went there."
"Yeah, it is. Alright I'll be there in 20. You know what to to get for me, right?"
"Sure, leave it me. Laters"