*Chapter 10: Oraenmaniya

》》》16 months ago《《《

Naeun's P.O.V

"It's dark already Eunkyung-ah. We should go back soon."

"But I still feel like drinking!" she said cutely.
"You're drunk enough as is!"
She just smiled sheepishly and started running then.

"Eunkyung-ah!" I called and ran after her.

By the time I reached her she had stopped and was doing aegyo to some guys who were sitting at Han River.

"Can you pretty please give me just one teenie single can?" she asked shamelessly.
I gasped. Who knew what kind of people would be at Han River late at night?
"I'm so sorry! Please ignore her." I said and bowed.
"Come on, we should go" I said and tried to pull Eunkyung-ah away before they could realize they were talking to a celebrity.

Strangely the three guys were just nodding and not even looking at us.
I looked at the guys closely and felt that they were somehow familiar to me.

Would it sound like a pick-up line to say I felt like I had met them before?
One of the guys raised his head a bit to glance at us slightly.

"Naeun-ah!" he exclaimed after he recognized me.
"Taemin-oppa" only a whisper came out and I'm pretty sure nobody heard.
I was kind of shocked to meet him again. Although we both live in Seoul and we both work in the same field we haven't seen each other in over a year. Never did we meet by coincidence.

The other guys now turned to look at us as well. It were Kai-sunbae and Wonho-shi!

"Oraenmaniya, Naeun-ah" he said and the way he spoke felt so familiar and comfortable. Then he suddenly switched to banmal and asked "Jal jinae shutsuyo?"

"Yeah, how about you... oppa" I answered hesitantly. I wasn't sure what to call him. It was kind of awkward.

"Do you want to sit down?" Kai-sunbae then said.
He smiled at Eunkyung-ah apologetically.
"I'm sorry but we don't have any alcohol but you're free to stay."
She sat down next to Kai-sunbae and stared talking to him and Wonho-shi.

"You can sit down" oppa said to me rather formal.
"Ne" I only answered and sat down.

"What are you two doing? It's not like you don't know each other at all! Stop acting stiff!" Kai-sunbae said trying to ease the mood.
"Right" oppa said and laughed loudly.

Although she was drunk Eunkyung-ah seemed to be getting along with Kai-sunbae and Wonho-shi just fine.

"She's funny, your friend I mean" Taemin-oppa said.
"Yeah, she's a good girl but she can't hold her liquor" I said.

"I really haven't seen you around" I said trying to chat with him.
"Yeah I've mainly been in the studio or to Japan last year."
"Oh is that so." I said and didn't know how to continue.
"Yeah but we're preparing a Korean album now. What about you? Are you busy?"
"I don't know when we're going to release an album. Busy...not that much actually."
"And how have you been? What have you been doing?"
"Just meeting friends, doing sports and other activities as long as I can."
"Sounds good." He had been looking at his hands intently till now but now he looked up right at my face.

I was kind of startled. He was wearing a blue beanie and a face mask to hide his face as well as his white hair. So the only thing I saw and was looking at were his dark brown eyes.

I had looked into them so often in the past and his eyes were still as warm as back then.
But now, right this moment, they were drawing me in a lot more than they did in the past when I was barely 20.

His face was serious and his eyes were staring at mine intently, not giving away any sign of the light small talk from just now. The only thing that didn't change was the warmth in his eyes making me comfortable and wanting to stay.

I don't know for how long we've been sitting there getting lost in each other's eyes but then I suddenly felt his hand on mine.
I didn't move and kept looking into his eyes. His face came closer a bit and...

"What are you two doing there?" Kai-sunbae asked and we immediately broke apart.
We looked up at the other three. Kai-sunbae and Wonho-shi were helping Eunkyung-ah stand who was nearly asleep.

"Your friend kind of fell asleep in in the middle of the conversation" Wonho-shi said apologetically.
"It's not your fault, thanks for helping."

"Should we drive you home? I don't think you should look for a taxi when it's this late." oppa offered.
"That would be great" I said and noticed him avoiding my eyes again.
"No problem."

Oppa and I stood up and we walked to the car. On the way home I had some small talk with Wonho-shi while Kai-sunbae was driving and Eunkyung-ah sleeping.

Oppa was silently looking out the window seemingly deep in thought.
And I was trying to do that too while I tried not to make it too obvious I was staring at him and hoping for him to do the same.

Then maybe it was my imagination but for a moment there I really thought we would kiss.

Taemin's P.O.V

Finally a free day. So, what should I do? JongIn-ah has a schedule and Wonho-ah haa to work. Then should I call Ravi? Or Jimin-ah?

I was lying on the couch and debating who to call when Key-hyung came out of his room fully dressed and carrying a shopping bag.

"Hyung, where are you going?" I asked.
"I'm going to a friend. But I think I'll be home early."
"What's in the shopping bag?"
"Souvenirs I promised her"

"Oh really? Who are you visiting?"
"Eunji-ah. Do you want to come along?"

"No, I'll probably call Ravi or Jimin-ah up and...Eunji-shi? So you're going to her dorm?"
"No, you know dating rumors will start. We're meeting at a café. So are you? We can just invite more peopleI can just ask her to brig someone along."

I thought about it a bit. If Eunji-shi brings someone along...
Before I had finished the thought I already answered, "Yeah. Can you just wait a minute? I need to change."
"You're fine." He said.
"I need make-up!" I called while running to my room.
"Alright I'll call Eunji-ah to say we're late and look who else will come."

So yes, who will Eunji bring along... :D
Well that's it for now. I know not very exciting... not like it's gonna be I guess. They're (normal) people in the process of dating. There ain't gonna be any action or a car accident which causes memory loss xD
And I know Key already moved out but he just stayed last night so he was still there.