Chapter 6: Everyday your bright smile doesn't change

Taemin's P.O.V

"What is it, Taeminie?" Minho-hyung asked as we walked into the building after Bomi-shi had dropped us of in the parking lot.

I looked at him surprised.
"What do you mean?"

"I know you, Taemin-ah. You're not saying anything but I just know that you're dying to see her because you're not sure whether she's mad or not."

"How do you know?"

"Well... Hayoung-shi greeted Naeun-shi with "You must be really mad, right?" Naeun-shi said she's not but even I could hear that she was."

"Right, I should go see her" I said and ran to a car.

"First you have schedule to attend to"
Our manager-hyung was standing at the door.

"What? But..." I sighed and followed him. I knew there was no way around work.
.
.
.
"Thanks for dropping me off, hyung."
"Yeah, but how are you going to get home later?"

"I'll ask Key-hyung to come later. I'll figure something out, you should go."
"Alright, good luck Taemin-ah."

I nodded and looked for my phone. I looked around. Nobody was standing on the street but I still put on my hood.

I called Naeun-ah's phone. Nobody picked up. I was about to end the call when she finally picked up.

"Yeoboseyo" I said.
"Annyeong, Taemin-shi" a familiar voice answered.
I looked up at the window of Apink's apartment and saw two people standing there.
"I see you. I'll let you in right away" Eunji-shi answered.
I went inside the building and opened the door. I took the lift up. Chorong-shi was already waiting at the open door.
"Sorry for the intrusion" I said as I went in.
"It's okay" Chorong-shi said "please come inside."
I took off my shoes and went inside.

Naeun-ah was standing in the living room and Chorong-shi and Bomi-shi and Eunji-shi who were sitting on the couch excused themselves to the kitchen.

We stood there awkwardly staring at each other.
"Do you want to sit down?" Naeun-ah asked and pointed at the couch.
I just nodded and we sat down o the couch leaving a big distance between us.

I stared at my hands and shifted them around before looking at her straight in the eyes "Are you mad I left you in the alley? I'm sorry, I thought you were tired and that would be for the best"

"I know. I know but I was still sad. I know. But I still want you to take me with you next time."

"I got it. Next time I'll piggyback you if I have to"

She smiled at me and came nearer.

"Then you'll forgive me?" I asked and opened my arms for her.
"You never did anything wrong" she said and hugged me.

We sat there quietly just embracing each other.
I turned to look at the clock. It was half past twelve.

I stood up and kept holding her hand.
"You should get some more sleep. You said you have to record tomorrow."

She nodded and stood up as well.
"How will you get home?" She asked.
"I'll just call Key-hyung or something. It's okay, don't worry. You should go to sleep. You have to record tomorrow, right? I mean today."

She just nodded and I led her to her room where I could hear someone else sleeping.

She turned to look at me hesitantly in front of the door.
"What is it?" I asked her.
"Well" she began shifting her gaze.
"Tell me. It's not like I'll get mad" I smiled at her reassuringly.
"Can you come see me tomorrow? Do you have time? If not I won't mind. I was just wondering." She looked me in in the eyes and smiled awkwardly.