Epilogue, Side Story 2: first date

Naeun's P.O.V

I waved shyly at the person coming through the door.
He was wearing a hoodie, a facemask and sunglasses to hide his face but he was still conspicuous.

He sat down in the chair opposite of me and took off his sunglasses to give a smile with the uncovered half of his face.

"Hey, how have you been?" he asked politely.
"I've been well," I answered referring to the two weeks we hadn't seen each other. "How have you been, op- sunbaenim?"
"I-I don't mind if you call me 'oppa'," he said calmly but couldn't stop his stutter.
"O-okay," I replied breathily.

"Is it alright if I still call you 'Naeun-ah'?"
I nodded and couldn't stop the smile when he said my name so familiarly.

"Ah, should we order?" he asked and I nodded. He offered to go and buy and I accepted his offer.
He went to the front and ordered our drinks.
Soon he came back and put down both plastic cups.

"I think the cashier recognized me," he whispered.
I looked over at the cashier and she was indeed looking glancing at us every few seconds.

"I think we should leave this place and go somewhere else," he continued. I looked around and saw that a few customers were looking at us and gossiping, maybe trying to guess oppa's identity.

I nodded and stood up slowly. He walked out of the café and I followed him quickly. We soon arrived at a white car with lightly tinted windows where I had no choice but to get in.

"Sorry this ended in another car date," he apologized.
"This is our first date though," I wondered.
"But as a celebrity you probably only experience car dates anyway," he responded.

I simply took a sip of my drink deciding not to tell him that this was my first date in a long time.
We sat in awkward silence simply finishing our prints when I heard muffled chattering outside and looked through the window to see a group school girls not too far away from the car seemingly whispering and seemingly taking pictures of the car.

One of the girls then decided to bravely approach thr car and I was sure if she came any closer she would be able to make out our faces through the faintly tinted windows of the car.

"Oppa, we should maybe get going...," I warned him, pointed to the window on my side and already hurried to put on my seatbelt.
He nodded as soon as he saw the girl inching closer to his card started the engine ad drove off leaving the girls standing there.

"So where should we go now?" he asked while he drove rather slow to give us some time to think.
I looked outside and saw a familiar sign.
"We can go to my dorm. It's near here," I suggested pointing at the sign ahead.

He contemplated my offer shortly but nodded and followed my directions seeing as coffee shop dates and even car dates didn't seem to work for us.
.
.
.
"Thank you for having me," he said as he stepped through the front door and took off his shoes.
"There's no one home," I told him but he still placed his shoes neatly next to mine.

"Do you want to drink something?" I asked him as I led him to the kitchen.
He nodded and asked for water. After taking the glass he leaned on the kitchen counter and took a sip from time to time.

"Don't you know how dangerous it is to just let guys into your house like this, Naeun-ah?" he sounded like my father. "Especially on the first day when you don't even know the guy! It could be a stalker or a creep or something!"

"You're a celebrity. I'm sure you're not a stalker," I replied.
"A celebrity can also be a stalker! There are tons of creepy guys! Who says one of them can't become a celebrity?"

"But I'm sure I can trust you," I laughed.
He rolled his eyes and sighed, "What I'm trying to say is that you shouldn't bring a guy home on the first date, Naeun-ah!"

"Well, where else were we supposed to go when a disguise just makes us stand out in a café and your fans recognize your car from the shape of your rear-view mirror?" I gave him a questioning look which shut him up.

I sighed. This didn't feel like a date at all. "Besides, I don't go on dates anyway," I pointed out.
"Why not?" he asked.
"No one asks me out. It's also too risky. It would end up in my apartment or a closed room to at least have some space but I don't want to bring dates to my dorm right away."

He frowned and took another sip of the water, "Does this mean you don't consider me to be a date or does it mean I'm special?"
"Y-you're kind of special," I admitted but stared at the ground.

He chuckled but changed the topic asking about upcoming work, what I do in my free time and also respectively talked about their upcoming album.
We moved to the sofa to sit more comfortably as we exchanged little thoughts and song recommendations.

After a while the talking had ceased and we were only staring at each other rather quietly.
He took my hand without looking away and used his other hand to cup my cheek. He then leaned forward slowly.

He inched closer and closer while I slowly closed my eyes and finally shut them when his nose brushed mine.
I could feel his breath ghosting over my lips mingling with mine when I heard an electronic sound and the front door swung open with Eunji-unni and Hayoung-ah rushed inside the apartment announcing their arrival loudly.

We jumped apart quickly and stood next to each other, grinning nervously an greeted them with an awkward "Welcome back!".

They looked from one person to another suspiciously and oppa looked at his watch exclaiming loudly how late it was.

I walked him down to the entrance of the building. The sky was already darkening when we stood outside and I realized that we had actually spent quite a lot of time together although I felt like we hadn't done anything at all.

"This wasn't really a perfect date but I enjoyed it," oppa said.
"I'd love to see you again," I smiled brightly.

He tugged down his face mask and leaned down to press a short but sweet kiss on my lips. A lips you would see the boy give the girl on her doorstep after their first date.

"Let's meet again soon," he said but it sounded more like a confirmation than a suggestion.

Actually I had planned to write about their time during WGM but I kept writing and deleting and writing and deleting and in the end I wrote this so this is it.

It's the last chapter before the big day😅