Epilogue, Part 5: marriage registration

Naeun's P.O.V

"Naeun-ah!" Chorong-unni's soft voice called when the bell above the door chimed.
"Unnie!" I exclaimed excitedly and stood up to hug her.

I eyed the ring glittering on her finger and looked down at my own ring on my left ring finger which was a little too flashy for my taste but I wasn't going to wear it for the rest of my life so it was fine.
Oppa also greeted her and then turned to the man following unnie.

We had chosen a small and less crowded cafe to meet up but the few gazes in the café couldn't help but be drawn to us. Although we had all covered our faces as best as possible in summer our disguises eventually gave away our disinterest in attention.

"Hyung! It's so good to see you!" oppa smiled.
"Hello, Suho-shi!" I was about to bow formally but was instead pulled in a hug.
"You don't have to talk like that. We're not working after all today."
I laughed. It was just a habit. Normally you don't meet people you work with privately.

We immediately stood up and made our way to the jeweler to fulfill today's purpose.
"Do you already have anything in mind already?" the others asked us.
"Just something simple," oppa explained. "Like it should stand out a little but not too flashy. Naeun-ah already complained about the one I gave her when I proposed."

Their stares wandered to my left ring finger and I hid it a little ashamed. It was definitely pretty but I didn't exactly want every look in the room to be drawn to the shiny stones on my left hand.

"Well, isn't that good?" Suho-shi said. "I think it's better than if she were to ask for a flashier one."
Chorong-unni agreed, "Our Naeun-ah is just like that. You should be glad she's not so demanding!"
"I know. Naeun-ah is perfect like that," oppa smiled at me sweetly and I blushed at all the compliments.

"L-look, we arrived already!" I turned their attention to the door in front of us and opened it to enter the shop.
We went to the counter right away instead of looking around. The employee surely knew her way around the store better.

Some people looking around turned to stare at us and the woman behind the counter looked like she was about to faint when she recognized the people on our group.

Oppa ignored that and sked her with a smile to show us the wedding rings. He went on to explain what kind of design and material we wanted and she remembered her job and showed us a few samples.
Surprisingly they were easier to choose than the dress and we found a pair to our liking immediately.

While oppa filled out the papers and we had our fingers measured, Chorong-unni proceeded to ask a few questions.
"So you chose the wedding dress already?"
I nodded happily thinking about the layers of silk.

"By the way, when did you register your marriage? I never heard about that. Who were your witnesses? Did you take Yina or Eunkyung-shi? Absolutely none of the members talked about that," unnie wondered.

Suddenly my heart stopped for a moment and I could feel the color drain from my face. Oppa turned around from the papers with a shocked expression on his face his face as pale as mine.

Suho-shi caught up with our reaction, "Don't tell me... No way... Could it be you..."
Oppa blinked a few times and broke out of his trance.
"We...we kind of..."
"We kind of got caught up in our wedding preparations and nobody mentioned it so we also kind of forgot..." I whispered my voice suddenly lost.

Suho-shi and unnie stared at us in disbelief falling in a smiling trance of shock.
"G-go now!" Suho-shi shouted when he found his voice again. He was about to grab oppa's arm and pull him out and the shop's employee, who was waiting for oppa to finish the papers, looked at us bewildered.

Oppa quickly filled out the papers and before the woman could finish her sentence of "We will send you a notice as soon as the rings are ready." we had already left the shop and quickly made our way to the next registration office.
.
.
.
All stares were directed at us when we barged into the building.
"W-we came to...register...our marriage," Suho-shi panted a little from the short run from the car to the desk although I now realized that there was no need to run. The registration office was still open for a few hours.

"Uh...not me. Them," he pointed at us and smiled embarrassed when he breathed normally again and was thinking straight enough to be embarrassed about his hectic entrance.

The man at the counter looked at us nervously as if he was thinking about whether we were pranking him or actually meant it.
I suddenly realized that we were the center of attention with the ruckus we had caused and people were whispering about us. I totally didn't like this. But oh well, what could be changed at this point?

"Are they filming a drama or something?", "Is this a new show?", "Isn't that SHINee's Taemin?", "But aren't they Suho and Chorong? Aren't they actually married?", "Are Taemin and Naeun still together?"

Excuse you, but we have been together for almost ten years now!

Oppa put on a smile, which could not be seen behind his face mask anyway, straightened his back and took my hand as he stepped to the desk.
"We came to register our marriage," he tried to say as professional as he could behind his black mask.

He realized how weird he must look in the center of all these formally dressed people who came prepared to register their marriage and took his cap and face mask off when he realized that he was barely recognizable.

"Son Naeun and Lee Taemin," he stated our full names while Suho-shi and Chorong-unni idled around and smiled nervously at all the people in formal wear staring us down.

We did stand out a bit as we were dressed casually so we wouldn't stand out although I was actually more than sure that face masks made us stand out more than they protected our identities.

The worker finally handed over the registration papers although he hesitated a little when oppa was about to take the paper.
We filled out the form together, got Suho-shi and Chorong-unni to sign as witnesses and finally completed the registration process.

"Are you sure about this marriage? As soon as it is submitted it can't be revoked," the worker warned us and pronounced every word clearly so we couldn't complain about him later.

"Yes, we are sure," oppa nodded firmly and kept his gaze on the man as he processed our future in the computer and on paper.
"Congratulations on your marriage, Lee Taemin-shi and Son Naeun-shi," he finally congratulated us but his gaze nervously wandered between us waiting for us to ask him to take our registration back.

We smiled at him contentedly and walked out almost as quickly as we had come in.
"Do you think this will be in the tabloids tomorrow?" Suho-shi asked as we walked to the car.
"Probably," unnie answered. "There were enough witnesses."

"Thanks for being our witnesses," oppa said reminded of that when the word was mentioned. "We'll treat you for that and to celebrate. Actually, this is quite a funny story."
"Sure it is," I agreed and joked. "We should have taken a photo so we can put it in a cliché diashow at our wedding."

"I actually took one," Chorong-unni suddenly said and took out her phone so we could look at the photo of Suho-shi leaning against the counter and the worker staring at him in disbelief.

"Don't you have a photo of them?" he exclaimed flabbergasted. "Why would I be in the diashow?"
"I do," Chorong-unni said and swiped to the right. "But they don't look as funny."

She was right. Our photos were pretty normal. We were simply standing in front of the counter and filling out the papers. It didn't look like anything special.
"I want to put Suho-hyung in our diashow!" oppa announced.
"Do whatever you want," Suho-shi gave in exhausted from our adventure as he started the car. "So, you said you'd treat us?"

This chapter felt kind of rushed but I guess that's just how they were. And I have no idea how marriage registrations work so I'm sorry if I made any mistake >.<

I actually thought about the drama 'Another Happy Ending' as I wrote it😆
It's a great drama. You should definitely try it 😄