Chapter 49: nowhere else to go

Taemin's P.O.V

Our feelings and our plans that didn't seem to match...but I still couldn't let go of her. But she wanted to...

I let my thoughts wander a bit more but soon my feelings took over and soon the lyrics I had been searching for endlessly poured out of me creating the song I wanted.

This melody is like your voice
It won’t leave me alone
You’re all I think of
Possess my mind and won't let go

The day I was you, the night you were me
Time is drunk with us
I didn’t know how to stop
I didn’t know how to hide my heart
You and I, we were different before

This is it, nowhere else to go
You don’t have anything else left to say
Erase everything, all the poorly drawn memories
Without leaving any behind, oh yeah

The sound of your breathing pulls me
Across the distance of the blank dawn

The day I was you, the night you were me
I feel like I'm drunk
Longing for something I won't have
I didn’t know how to stop
You and I, we were different before

You decided for yourself
Then you left
Baby, pass me by now
So the you in me can remain

I managed to finish a rough but sufficient sample of lyrics. Jonghyun-hyung was right. This state of mind was indeed favorable to make songs.
I stood up and walked to Jonghyun-hyung.

"Shouldn't I get some kind of credit for this?" he laughed as he studied the lyrics and wrote some suggestions for changes but also gave a compliment. "But they're really well-made, Taeminie. I guess you just need to write some more and revise them and they'll be good to go. But maybe it's better to erase some parts. We don't want people to ogle at your love story too much."

"I'll mention you in my personal message," I promised and headed for the door.

"Are you going home now?" he asked me.
"No, I'm going to see Naeun-ah."
He looked at me in a questioning way.

I put my hand on the door handle but stopped to explain.
"I heard everything you said, hyung, and I agree with everything but before I let her go, I need to ask her to stay with me at least. Even if we weren't meant to be together, my heart is definitely hers!" I informed him as I stormed out and could imagine the laugh that would escape his throat.

I whipped out my phone in the elevator to message anyone from Apink to open the door for me.
But before I could open Eunji-shi's contact a message arrived.

Jonghyun-hyung: I guess you don't need to come to me for love advice anymore. You know exactly what to do. Maybe I should ask for your advice in the future
Good luck, woori maknae

I smiled at his message but frowned when I read it again and added a sigh due to his now non-existent love life.

He was really happy back then. He decided to let her go when she asked him to back then. It was probably the right thing to do but the right action was still filled with regret.

But this is different. Naeun-ah and me are different. And I believe the right thing to do now to be something different. I wanted to fight for her desperately.
.
.
.
"Do what you need to do," Eunji-shi encouraged me as she opened the dorm's door. "But if she still rejects you this time, don't come back after this chance."

"I won't. I'll make sure she won't reject me," I guaranteed but I actually wasn't sure I could keep my promise.

Naeun's P.O.V

"Naeun-ah," his voice called as the door opened.
I sat up in my bed. I wasn't sleeping anyway and Namjoo-ya wasn't here either.

"Oppa..." I responded but wasn't sure whether I was awake or dreaming.
It was probably normal to dream about your boyfriend the night you broke up with him.

"Naeun-ah. It's really me. I need to talk to you," he said knowing from my drowsy tone that I thought I was dreaming.

He sat on the edge of my bed while I kept still. He put his hand on my shoulder in the dark and squeezed a little.

"Naeun-ah, I understand what you said and I understand why you said that and I know I'm being selfish but I can't part with you like this. I know it all but I can't let you go without trying," he spoke in a determined way.

"Who are you being strong for? Who are you fighting for? Is it you? For me it's us. I have dreams but my dreams not only include singing, dancing and performing on stage. I want to wake up every day wth the thought that you're on my side. What do you want? Can't you reach what you want with me by your side?"

Suddenly his tone changed. He spoke in a soft way and choked out the words as if he was going to cry, "I'll stay still, I'll watch silently, I'll do whatever you want but please don't leave me Naeun-ah.
You might not need me but I need you and maybe I'm weak like this but I want you and I want to hold on till it's over."

We are nearing the end. But... I don't know the end😅
I was so excited and looking forward to the epilogue the whole time that I forgot to think of an ending which needs to happen before the epilogue😬