Chapter 31: Let's be normal for once

Taemin's P.O.V

"So what should we do now?" Naeun-ah asked.
"Well, normally I would have to go back now...," I began but stopped when I saw the pout which began to appear on Naeun-ah's face. "But since I'm probably flying back on Tuesday we might as well do something."

Her face immediately lit up brightly but turned into a disappointed one right after.
"I have a schedule tomorrow...," Naeun-ah said and hung her head low.

"A few hours ago you were still moping around and now you're telling me you have to work tomorrow?" I questioned.

"Being down is fine but work is work. I can't let my team down," Naeun-ah said.
"Wow, you sound like a real working woman."

"Don't complain! You're the one who's always busy with work in this relationship!"

"I guess that's true...," I admitted reluctantly. "But now that I'm here and more or less free we should go on a date. On Tuesday? I can just get an evening flight."

"That sounds great!" she agreed happily.
"Then I'll pick you up on Tuesday at 2. Is that fine?"

"Isn't that a bit late?" Naeun-ah complained. "We should meet earlier so you can catch an earlier flight."
"Flying to Japan doesn't take that much time."
"Still, I don't want you to arrive at 11 pm when you have to work on the next day. Pick me up at 12 sharp!"

"Alright, I'll be there," I agreed. "So what do you want to do? Do you have anything in mind? Or anything you really liked and want to do again?"

"I'm not sure..." Naeun-ah said while thinking about it.

Naeun's P.O.V

Something I really liked and want to do again? Although it didn't end up really well, I liked Jaemin-ah's birthday. I liked how oppa and I just seemed like a normal couple there. How we were just people at a party who coincidentally had the job of being idols.

I looked up. He was also deep in thought. But I couldn't possibly tell him. What I wished for wasn't possible.

"I want to go to a cafe with you without causing a scene," oppa mumbled absent-mindedly. "I want to take you shopping. I want to spoil you and buy you expensive clothes and accessories. I want to go with you to a fancy restaurant with a beautiful view."

He shook his head suddenly and snapped out of his trance, "Sorry, I was just thinking loudly."
"No, I feel the same," I said. "I'd love to go shopping with you. Walking without caution and without having to hide sound great. I also want to go to places with you openly. I want you to pick me up at my college and brag to my friends about how handsome and nice my boyfriend is."

"I'm sorry," oppa apologized.
"It's not your fault," I said. "I'm sorry I just spew out all those selfish requests."

Why was I even thinking about that? It just wasn't possible unless I wanted to be run over by a mob of girls from my school the moment oppa got out of his car.

"Half of them came from me," oppa laughed and I joined him.

"How about this? You can sleep at your friend's tomorrow and I'll come pick you up there so you can tell her how your boyfriend's going to pick you up," he suggested a smaller scale version of my wish.
I burst out in laughter, "Why not? I haven't slept over at Yina-ya's in a long time."

Oppa smiled as I almost wasn't able to stop laughing and I was happy to think that my happiness was causing him to smile.

"As for our other plans... I can't fulfill them now," oppa said with a sigh but I wasn't disappointed. I knew it wasn't possible.

"So how about I take you somewhere else when I'm really back from Japan? Let's go to Europe or anywhere people won't recognize us. Let's do things ordinary couples do where nobody sees us as anything else than an ordinary couple."

Europe. Other countries. Right, I hadn't thought of that idea and had to laugh at my silliness (A/N: didn't even know that word exists xD).
"What's wrong? You don't like the idea?" oppa asked concerned.

"N-no!" I answered immediately. "I would love to. I just can't imagine that the ever hard-working Lee Taemin is taking time off from his important work to go on a trip with me."

He laughed loudly at my statement and seeing him laugh cheerfully like that made me smile as well.
"You should feel honored," he teased me.

"I do," I answered and we both had to laugh again.

"Please come back soon. I'm really looking forward to that trip!"
"Of course I will," he promised.

"For once, let's be normal," he said and smiled at me sweetly.
.
.
.
Taemin's P.O.V

"I tried to call you several times and messaged you... why the hell are you only contacting me now, hyung?" Jongin-ah complained. "Especially with the sudden words 'Let's meet at my practice room at 2히히'!"

"Well, you answered with 'see you'."
"Aren't you working in Japan right now?"
"Yeah, I'm only back for a short time. I'm flying back tomorrow," I explained.
"And when did you arrive?"
"Yesterday. Naeun-ah was troubled so I came back."
"If you came back for your girlfriend, why would you still meet me today?" Jongin-ah sounded slightly pissed.

"Don't act so innocent! You don't know how much you neglected me when you got a girlfriend!"
"You started seeing Naeun-sunbae shortly after!" Jongin-ah countered.
"B-but you don't have to see me with  my girlfriend everyday at work!"
"Well, you don't run into Soojung-ah every single day!"
"But I see your annoying face every single day!"
He grinned at me and we both broke out in laughter not able to keep up the argument.

"Good to have you back, hyung! So why did you call me here?"
"I need to plan a simple date tomorrow."
"If you're planning a simple date, what would you need my help for?"
"I have no idea what to do!"
"Take her to a restaurant, then do something fun. What's so difficult?"
"What the heck is 'do something fun'? Like an amusement park?"
"Yeah or go to the movies or just what you do with friends. The things Soojung-ah and I do on dates are practically the same I do when I'm with you."

"What if we gather a crowd? You don't gather a crowd?"
"If you wear simple clothes and don't go to Hongdae or something it will be just fine. Simply do things other people our age do as well. Just... with a little more secrecy."

"Thanks, I have no idea what I would do without you," I said relieved.
"You bet you wouldn't," Jongin-ah answered cheekily.

I pulled out my phone and opened the search tab.
"Wow, now that I helped you, you're ignoring me?" Jongin-ah complained.
"No, but I still have to find locations for tomorrow."

"Ah, I know a good restaurant," Jongin-ah said. "My aunt just opened a restaurant not too long ago so there aren't that many costumers yet. There are also booths in the back so it should be fine."
"For real? Can you help me book a reservation?"
"Sure, no problem," Jongin-ah smiled and reached in his pocket to get his phone out.

"Did you lose your phone?" I asked after he had searched through every pocket on him.
"No, I simply left my phone in our practice room upstairs," he scoffed but added. "I think I probably left it there."

"That doesn't sound very promising."
"I'll make sure to call her and send you the address as soon as it's done," he tried to sound convincing.

So this is the new chapter. Holidays are just around the corner so there's more time to write^^
I hope you haven't given up on my yet, I'll try my best to update more frequently (at least during the holidays).

It was actually already finished yesterday but I still had to revise a little and coincidentally, as I got up today, I suddenly had the urge to revise the chapter which is why I am writing this at 7.12 am, 40 minutes before I have to be at school, instead of getting ready :3