Why Him? Why Me?- Pietro Maximoff

For this one shot the reader is an Avenger and Pietro initially is not her favorite person; mostly because he's a boy trapped inside a man's body. Mild Swearing ahead along with Pietro acting like a flirt albeit a childish one.

It was afternoon in the Avengers tower and the one thing you had been looking forward to all day since getting back from a week-long mission was your stash of chocolate you kept in the freezer (yes the freezer; I personally think chocolate tastes best frozen). You head to the kitchen and open the freezer only to find the stash was gone; in its place was a note: "I owe you three Swiss Chocolate bars."

"Ugh, Pietro," you groan knowing full well he was the only person in this whole facility who touched your stash when everyone knows full well not to go anywhere near it. Sure enough you march to his room and pound on his door which he answers. "Why?" you ask him. "Why, what?" he asks back all innocent-like, "You're going to have to be more specific, princessa." You hold your breath, not caring for his nickname for you, you calmly explain, "Don't bullshit me, Maximoff, I know you took my chocolate from my stash in the freezer." "Oh, that," he replies, "I don't know what's the big deal, I left an I.O.U." "That's not the point, Pietro," you retort, "The point is I was looking forward to having those bars and no one goes near my stash." "Well it's not like you needed them in the first place," he grins. You slap him across the face, "Excuse me that we all don't have your level of metabolism!" you scoff before turning around and walking away.

 Pietro was not your favorite person; in fact you found him to be really quite annoying. When you fought against him the first time, he literally ran circles around you slapping your ass and making flirtatiously rude comments; at that time you managed to get one punch at him while he was running full speed thanks to your super human reflexes. When he and Wanda became part of the team after the Ultron incident, while you found him tolerable at best, he still acted like a twelve-year-old boy around you; stealing your food, staring and smacking your butt whenever you bend over and running away when you turn around, he's basically the reason why you don't casually wear skirts anymore lest he run full speed past you and cause a gust of wind to expose your panties.

You storm back to the living room and see Wanda sitting on the couch. "You know he'll only keep provoking you like this as long as you keep confronting him," she tells you. "And I'd really appreciate it if you didn't read my mind every time I'm like this," you retort. "I didn't need to read your mind," she chuckles, "everyone in the whole tower knows about Pietro's antics towards you." "Which would lead me to my next question," you sit on the couch next to her, "Why him? Why me?"

"Perhaps I could answer that question," you hear Vision say as he goes through the wall which scared you off the couch in a panic and made Wanda laugh. "Oh, sorry, Vision," you tell him getting back up on the couch, "I keep forgetting you can walk through walls" "I should be apologizing, (y/n)," he says back, "I seem to keep forgetting you startle easy." "Anyways, you said you could answer my question?" you ask somewhat skeptically. "Have you considered that maybe Pietro antagonizes you because he wishes to form a romantic attachment with you?" You look at Vision than break out laughing, "Good one, Vision. I see your sense of humor is improving." "I was not making a joke," he replies. "Look, I know about the whole tidbit where if a guy purposely annoys you it means he actually likes you," you say getting serious, "but that concept is more applicable to school children." "Well, you have occasionally pointed out that Pietro is essentially a man with child-like tendencies," Vision explains, "It would therefore stand to reason that the concept can apply to him." You ponder Vision's logic than sink back into the couch, "I still don't understand why me of all people?" "Why not you?" Wanda asks patting your knee than leans in closer so she can whisper, "Pietro probably won't speak to me if he found out I told you but when no one else is around, he never stops talking about you." You blushed a little at this revelation, "Uh, I just remembered I was suppose to meet Steve for another mission brief," you get up and quickly head to the conference room.

   After the debrief you were sent on a solo mission to infiltrate an old HYDRA warehouse and retrieve some vital tech that could be studied. During that time you couldn't help but think back on what Wanda told you about Pietro's secret crush on you. You thought about it but you just weren't quite sure if you felt the same way about him. Despite his irritable childish nature there was no denying he was attractive; maybe his boyish charm was what makes him attractive in the first place, that and his sexy Sokovian accent. The more you thought about it the more you began to think maybe forming a romantic relationship with the speedster might have its perks; for one, he hopefully wouldn't keep provoking you anymore. If he did, it would hopefully be made in jest. With these thoughts swirling through your head, you got distracted and triggered an old trap which caused you to black out.

You slowly woke up lying in a bed. It took a few minutes to take in your surroundings until you realize you were in the Avenger's infirmary with an IV attached to your hand. You also had a bandage wrapped around your head and your arm in a sling. When you try to move you feel dizzy and in pain. Lucky for you Bruce walks in. "Oh good, your finally awake." "What happened and how long was I out?" you ask groggily. "You triggered an old trap in the warehouse which blew up the building; if it weren't for those reflexes of yours you would have been buried completely underneath," Bruce explains, "You did sustain several injuries and had been comatose for a couple weeks." "Really? Feels longer than that." "Lucky for you, a certain someone was quickly there to rush you back here," he gestures to one side of the bed. You look that way and see Pietro sitting on a chair next to the bed, sleeping. "He's barely moved from that spot since bringing you back here," Bruce says quietly. As he checks your vitals you place your free hand on Pietro's head and gently comb your fingers through his hair, careful not to wake him. It was surprisingly heart-warming to see him by your side. You guess Wanda and Vision were right about him after all.