The Real You- Steve Rogers

This is another one that just came to me. The reader is in a relationship with Steve and a freak accident in Tony's lab reverses the effects of the super solider serum, which means Steve reverts back to his scrawny pre-serum self (but it won't cause his age to accelerate like it did in the comics in case any comic readers see this); Steve then goes outta his way to avoid the reader cause he's ashamed she won't look at him the same way again. 

"Hey handsome," you greet your boyfriend Steve who was sitting on the couch. "Hey yourself beautiful," Steve greets back as you take a seat right next to him. "You watching another one of them world war 2 documentaries?" you ask, "Oh this one's about you Captain America." "Yeah," Steve nods.

"Is that you before the serum?" you point to a picture of pre-serum Steve. "Yeah," Steve slights averts his gaze from you, "Pathetic huh?" "I don't know about that," you reply, "I think your pre-serum self is pretty cute looking. If he came up to me and asked me to dance I would happily oblige." "Well you would've be the first girl to do that," Steve mutters. "Oh come on Stevie, you must've  had some lady admirers back in the day," you say, refusing to believe what your boyfriend stated before, "Anyone of them would've been lucky to land a kind gentle soul like that." "I'm sorry to burst your bubble, doll, but I didn't exactly have many dames knocking on my door before the serum," Steve points out, "If they did, it was usually for Bucky. He was the ladies man out of the two of us back in the day. He'd always try and set me up on double dates though, but it never really worked out." "No connection?" "More like they wanted a guy that wouldn't get an asthma attack from reading an old library book...that wasn't a joke that really did happen...I could've died back then you know."

"Well all those dames must've been blind if they couldn't see that you had so much to offer," you state, "they probably just didn't want to take the time to get to know the real you, Steve." "I guess," Steve nods slightly, "It was another lifetime ago, (y/n), what matters is that I'm here now, and I have you." "I love you too, Stevie," you kiss his cheek, "It's getting late, sweetie, we should get going to bed. You'd probably don't want to miss your morning run tomorrow." You take Steve by the hand and lead him to your shared bedroom.

--------The Next Morning----------

As predicted, Steve got up early for his morning run, while you slept in like you usually do. By the time the super solider came back, most everyone else were already up; although Tony and Bruce were pretty much up all night trying to work out the kinks on their latest science project that involved the use of lasers or something like that.

"Alright, Bruce," Tony speaks up as he re-calibrates the machine the science bros were working on, "Ready when you are." "Ready," Bruce signals. "Okay," Tony announces, "Commencing laser experiment titled project 'Back to Basics' test number 27." Tony activates the device and aims it at some plants they were using for testing the effectiveness of the device, "This one's gonna work."

Meanwhile back in the kitchen, when the team was sitting down for breakfast, they experienced a temporary blackout that lasted for a minute or two before the lights came back on again. "What the hell is going on today?" Bucky wonders out loud. "Better not be one of Tony's crazy experiments again," Rhodey mutters, "He really needs to dial it down, especially when it requires having to suck the energy outta the compound." "Something tells me there's probably a small chance the lack of sleep has turned Stark into a mad scientist and he's now in the process of recreating Frankenstein's monster," Clint comments. "I'll head down to the lab just to make sure that's not the case," Steve volunteers, exiting the kitchen.

-------------

"Huh, I don't understand," Tony states as he examines the device after their last test failed. "We made the exact adjustments, what could've gone wrong this time?" Bruce agrees. "That's it, I've had it," Tony gripes and stats giving the machine a few kicks, "I'm. Through. With. This. Bucket. Of. Bolts."
Steve walks in, "Tony, what's with all the-" before he could finish, a laser shoots outta the device after the last kick and made a direct hit at Steve. "Uh oh," Tony says wide-eyed, "Bruce, quick! Shut it down!" "It's stuck," Bruce replies, "It won't stop till the machine sucks out whatever energy the laser hits."
"Friday, activate the blackout protocol," Tony directs the AI. "On it," Friday answers, who immediately kills the power. The laser stops emitting from the machine right then.