Not Weakness- Natasha Romanoff

This is another headcannon inspired one-shot. Cute fluff. Might be steamy towards the end.

It was another day at the office for you as a doctor when you got a phone call from the Bruce

It was another day at the office for you as a doctor when you got a phone call from the Bruce. Your girlfriend Natasha was in the infirmary; apparently she was in the middle of hand-to-hand combat during a mission, and she broke her hand from a really hard punch. Luckily for you, there weren't anymore appointments today so you grabbed your keys and headed to the infirmary at the Avengers tower.

Once at the tower, you spared no time rushing to the infirmary. "I'm here," you hastily call as you stepped inside to check on your girlfriend, "what happened? is everything alright? What did you do this time, Nat?" "I'm fine," Natasha tries to assure, grimacing from the pain from her bandaged hand. You put your hands on your hips in that motherly way. You loved Natasha, and you worried about her at times when she went on these missions. Sure, you knew full well she can handle herself in any given situation, but you couldn't help but feel concerned for her well being.

"She took on an enhanced being with the ability to turn his skin to stone, and she shattered most of her metacarpals in her left hand as a result of an ill-timed punch," Bruce explained, showing you the X-ray scan of Natasha's hand. "Yeah, I can see that," you say taking a good look at the X-ray, "Nat, this could  take weeks for this to fully heal." "Oh, it won't take that long, dear," she tries to brush off. "It'll take about 6 weeks at least," Bruce interjects, "Until then, you're going to have to hold off on the missions." "I can still go on missions," Natasha insists, making you sigh in exasperation. Boy, your girlfriend could sure be stubborn. "Nat," you say sternly, "I have to agree with Dr. Banner. I'm saying this not just as a doctor myself, but as your girlfriend," you take her right hand and give her an almost pleading look, "Please, for me."

Natasha looks into your eyes and finally gives in, "Fine," she sighs, then turns to Bruce, "but I still want updates on everything that's going on, and make sure Clint, Steve, and the rest of the boys don't get into too much trouble." you chuckle at her stern tone.

---------------------------6 weeks later-----------------------

The last six weeks nearly pass in a blur, and Natasha's bandages finally came off. She wasn't used to nor was she all that happy about having to sit around and taking it easy, while filing papers here and there with her good hand. On the bright side, you and her got to spend more intimate time with each other, and at least you didn't have to constantly worry about her getting in harms way.

A few days after removing the bandages, Natasha was called away for a brief three-day mission. You were a little nervous, but knew full well it was necessary; especially since Nat was more than eager to get back to doing field work.

When she came back to your shared apartment 3 days later, you noticed she wasn't exactly in the best mood. "What's wrong?" you asked while making dinner, "Was the mission not successful?" "No, it was a success," she sighed, "It's just there's something wrong with my hand, I think." "Well, you just got the bandages off, your hand is still getting used to moving about and forming a fist," you demonstrate, "You just need to take it easy and give it time to adjust." "It's not just that," she said, "when I was fighting, I started to feel spasms with this hand," she showed you.

As a doctor, you take a good look at it, "Yeah, I figure something like this would happen," you tell her, "Sometimes injuries don't heal 100%. This may be something you'll have to start dealing with." "I don't like it," she pouts, "all these years of training and this is what I got to show for it. Now when people see me fight, they'll probably take it as a sign of weakness." "Hey," you counter with a stern expression, "It is not a weakness, Natasha Romanoff. Don't you dare think that way. If anything I think it's made you stronger." "You really think so?" Nat looks up to you. "Yeah," you nod happily, "Everyone else thinks so too. In fact just before you all left, Clint said he thinks makes you more even more of a badass."

"Clint said that?" she asks in disbelief. "It doesn't make it any less true," you peck her lips as proof then lean closer towards her ear, "you know," you whisper, "Maybe you can use those spasming  fingers of yours for something even more...badass-like." "Badass-like? Really?" she scoffs. "Sorry," you quickly blush, "Not my best innuendo, but I couldn't think of anything else." "How about tonight, I tie you up, gag you, and you let me do the dirty talking tonight?" she smirks. You nod, not trusting your mouth to say anything at the moment. "W-will you still those fingers of yours?" you stutter. "That is a promise," she takes you by the hand and leads you to the bedroom.

"What about dinner? I made shrimp and pasta tonight," you ask. "You really want to miss this for food?" she smirks at you. You shake your head slightly, "No, but I'm not sure I can do this on an empty stomach," you pout. "How about we do this now, eat, and then do it again later?" she whispers the compromise in your ear, all seductive like. Without saying another word, you playfully push her into the bedroom.