Secrets out- Peter Parker

The reader is in high school, she's Tony Stark's daughter, around the same age as Peter. mild swearing in this one. I also forgot to mention she doesn't know about Peter being Spider-man; not yet anyways.

School was done for today so you went to the bathroom to change for soccer practice. When you come out of the bathroom you bumped into a boy you recognized was Peter Parker. He drops his books "Oops, sorry. I didn't see you there," you hastily apologize. "No, no it's fine," Peter says picking up his books, "I wasn't looking where I was going." You notice him staring at you for a bit. "Why are you staring like that? Is there something in my hair?" you ask confused. "Oh I-I was staring?" Peter stutters. "Sorry I didn't notice." You and him awkwardly part ways as you head to the soccer fields.

On the fields during practice, you were paired up with your best friend. "Hey," you ask as you pass her the ball, "Can I ask you something?" "Fire away," she replies kicking the ball back to you. "What do you think about Peter Parker?" "That loser nerd?" she asks somewhat disgusted, "what about him?" "I don't think he's a loser," you try to defend Peter, "A little weird maybe but he seems like a nice guy." "Well personally I think you, being Iron Man's daughter, could do so much better," she tells you, "What about the captain of the football team? He totally was dying to ask you to the school dance. Popular and handsome." "Yeah, the football captain is sooooo handsome it almost overrides his douche-like personality," you say sarcastically, "Believe it or not, I'd like a guy who...well who isn't shallow."

After practice you would usually head to the mansion you lived in with your father better known as Tony Stark, also known as Iron Man. Instead you chose to go to the Avengers Tower. The Avengers, your father included, weren't always there but you like it there. No matter how many times you've been to the tower, there were always new places to explore; kind of like a castle. Today, you went straight to the lab to look for Dr. Banner; you needed his help for a physics project that was due next week. However, when you peaked into the lab you found someone you never expected to be there. "Peter?" you tap his shoulder which startled him. "Oh, uh (y/n)," he stutters once more, "Uh what are doing here?" "I was about to ask you the same thing, since the same man who built this whole place is my dad," you reply very confused. "I-uh Mr. Stark, your dad, hired me as an intern," he replies. "I don't recall my father offering an Avengers-related internship for high school students," you say skeptically. "Oh-uh I-it's an internship just for Stark Industries actually, n-not the Avengers." he responds. "I still don't believe you but whatever," you shrug your shoulders and exit the lab which by then you run into your dad. "Sweetheart, what are you doing here so early?" he asks. "I was looking for Bruce," you tell him, "But I think I'll just go home instead." You hastily head for the elevator. "Be careful, sweetie," you hear your dad call out. "Don't worry, dad, you know me," you say as the elevator door closes.   

Walking back home you begin to think about that really weird encounter with Peter back in the tower. You didn't really know Peter all that well, save for a few encounters in the hallway during school; the other kids at school would sometimes pick on him but you always thought he was a sensitive, albeit a weird kid. But over the last several months you had noticed Peter was acting a little weirder than usual; he would sometimes show up late to class fatigued, out of breath and became distracted while the teachers were giving lectures in class. There had even been several occasions when you saw a small scrape, or cut or two on his face. You had originally thought he was being severely bullied, but he insisted he merely slipped and fell when you asked about the cuts.    

As you turned a corner you felt a pair of gloved hands pull you into an ally. When you were about to scream, the same hands gag you. "Don't you dare make a sound, little girl," you hear the man sneer and you feel him put a gun to your back, "You want to live, you'll do exactly as I say." "Hey, do you have any idea who I am?" you ask somewhat scared; you didn't usually pull out the "I'm Tony Stark's daughter" card but at this point in time you didn't want to die today. "Course I do, bitch," he says to you, "Pretty sure Stark will pay anything to get his little girl back." Lucky for you, you had taken self-defense lessons from Natasha, so you elbow the guy and grab his gun. You didn't expect the man, however, to have another gun in his pocket, a bigger one at that. "Last chance, bitch," he says. Just than, the gun in the man's hand is snatched from his hand with what appeared to be silk webbing. "This looks dangerous," you hear a voice from up above and see a figure in a red and blue outfit. You instantly recognized that suit belongs to none other than Spider-man. "I suggest you let the lady go," Spider-man addresses the man. "Please what can you possibly do about it?" the man asks with a condescending tone. "Well I just took your gun away using only my web shooter," Spider-man replies, "If I can do that, you can imagine the other things I'm capable of doing." Spider-man than jumps down and punches the guy across the jawline, "Like that for example."  

"Thank you, Spider-man," you say, "but I could have handled it myself." "Yeah, well, what kind of crime-fighting spider would I be if I just sit back and watch?" "For a crime-fighting spider you are surprisingly quite the gentleman," you reply. "Well as a surprising gentleman why don't I escort you back to the Avengers Tower?" "Uh actually I was heading back home and-" you stop suddenly, "how did you know I was walking from the tower?" "Uh-I," he stutters, "You know you would be really surprised at how much you can see from the top of every single building in New York City." "You hesitated," you observe, "And the way you stutter sounds exactly the same way as someone I know of from school." You stare at the mask-covered face really hard and reach your hand ready to pull off the mask but Spider-man pulls away. "Come on, Peter Parker," you fold your arms, "I know it's you. If you can't man up and tell me I may have to shout out your secret to the whole school." "Uh- you wouldn't do that would you?" he asks, "you're bluffing." "You're right I'm bluffing," you say somewhat defeated, "still it's a little hurtful that you think I'm stupid enough to continue this deception when I just blatantly figured it out."

With that the mask comes off, revealing Peter's face. "I knew something weird was going on with you those last several months," you tell him. "I don't think you're stupid, in fact I think you're really smart, (y/n)" he says shyly, "It's just we go to school, we don't really know each other all that well and I thought you thought it would be weird if you saw me working with your dad as Spider-man." "How long has my dad known?" you ask him. "A month ago when he asked me to go to Germany with him," was Peter's reply. "Oh," you say remembering that incident, "Well that explains why you looked all beaten up that one time you came to class. Picking fights with any of the Avengers will do that to you." The two of you don't speak for a minute. "You still want to 'escort' me back to the tower?" you finally speak. "Uh sure," he puts his mask back on, picks you up and swings you back to the tower.

"Wow, that was quite the ride," you say when the two of you make it back to the tower, "We should do that again sometime." you and him enter the building and run into your dad. "What's going on here I thought you were heading back home?" he asks confused. "Uh-" you start, "She changed her mind and I thought I'd bring her back here, Mr. Stark." Peter says quickly. "I also know this guy in the Spider-suit is Peter from school, something you never mentioned to me," you say crossing your arms. "You never asked." was Tony's reply who quickly left the scene. "I guess I'll see you at school than," Peter tells you, "Thanks, Peter. Didn't want my dad to worry about me." Before Peter could leave, you quickly pull him to your side and place a quick kiss on his cheek, "Your secret is safe with me."