Team Exchange Part 1

After rattling my head for some new idea, I came up with something. The Avengers start an exchange program with the X-men, meaning both teams will select members to switch to the opposite team and work with them. Who knows what could happen.

Enjoy.

"I am not doing this," you say with a stern tone. "I'm with (y/n) on this," Clint also agrees, "Count me out." "Guys, come on," Tony firmly says, "We drew straws, you're going. It's just for a week, what's the worse that can happen?" "You remember the last few times we've crossed paths with the X-men?" you bring up, "Do you not remember the outcome for each time?" "Which is why we started this program in the first place," Steve quips in, "We are all on the same side, and I think this may help to build bridges. Not just from a team aspect but also to show the world that humans and mutants can work together to form solutions in a peaceful manner."

"I for one am glad I was chosen to participate," Thor steps in, "I consider some of the X-men my friends. Therefore, I want friends from both teams to be able to get along." "And in case you two forgot," Steve nods towards you and Clint, "One of our own did marry one of theirs." "Are T'challa and Ororo even aware of what we're doing right now?" Clint brings up. "It was their idea," Tony points out, "And that being said, they're still on their honeymoon so you better not call just to bitch at them about this." "Fine," you reluctantly sigh, "But when they do come back, don't expect me to not bitch at them then." 

It's not that the Avengers and the X-men were rivals exactly, but whenever both teams have crossed paths, things have gotten a little tense at times. It made fighting enemies a little bit difficult at times, often to the point where missions have failed and lives were nearly lost. It's only a matter of time until the last part happens so, after a lengthy discussion between Steve and Tony with Beast and Professor X, it was agreed that this special team exchange program would be crucial in order to mend bonds and strengthen bridges.
The selections were done at random, and lucky you (sarcasm lucky) you were one of the five random participants along with Clint, Thor, Sam, and Bucky (the Maximoff twins were excluded from the selection since they've already worked with the X-men after their stint with their father Magneto and the Brotherhood).

It's not that you hated the X-men or anything, you did think they did good stuff. It's more like the actual team members that you weren't overly fond of. Okay the professor was an exception, as were Hank McCoy and Ororo Munroe (she's badass enough to be married to the king of Wakanda and that's enough for you). Kitty Pryde and Kurt Wagner were pretty cool too, as is Jubilee. The Summers brothers though you couldn't stand, and you couldn't stand Gambit or Angel either. Bobby Drake you thought was okay, but to be fair you and him haven't had that much contact since meeting him the first time, same went with Colossus and Rogue. Jean Grey, you liked, but do often wonder what she sees in Cyclops. And then there was Wolverine...the one word you could actually come up with for this man was scary...okay maybe not scary. Intimidating would be a more accurate term. Logan doesn't strike you as people person...or a person person for that matter (though you suspect if he had it his way, he'd go soft for Jean).

"Okay here we are," Clint announces as the five of you stand right at the gate to the X-manor, pulling you from your thoughts. You groan at the mention, "Do we have to?" "hey, I don't think the rest of us like this anymore than you do," Sam retorts, then looks at Thor who had a smile on his face, "Well almost all of us, but this has to be done." "Yeah you're right," you sigh, "Let's get this over with." Clint presses the little buzzer by the gate. "Who is it?" you hear Hank's voice on the intercom. "The ones who were selected for the exchange program, Dr. McCoy," Thor answers, "Can you let us in?" "Oh yes, of course, Avengers, you're right on time," Hank happily answers, letting the gates open so you all could pass through.