Handcuffs- Bucky Barnes/Sam Wilson

This episode is loosely based on an episode from Duck Dynasty. Sam and Bucky have this feud going on and the reader is sick of it. She therefore uses handcuffs to resolve said feud. Only warning I foresee in this, other than hilarity, would be swearing.

You grab some snacks from the fridge and head to lounge area of the Avengers facility but than stop dead in your tracks at the sound of two familiar voices arguing once more. "Ugh, already?" you groan, "It's not even noon." "What makes you think you have complete control over the remote," You here Sam. "Clearly you haven't heard of respecting your elders, Wilson," you here Bucky counter. "Hey, cyro freezing for a ridiculous amount of time to slow down physical age does not make you my elder," Sam retorts. "Maybe I should report abuse of the disabled," Bucky suggests. "Dude, you have a metal arm that punches through walls," Sam counters, "How is that disabled?" "If I can punch through walls than you really don't want to piss me off." "Boys, boys, boys," you say finally stepping in, "What are you two fighting about this time?" "I want to watch a world war two documentary but bird brain here wants to watch some stupid reality show," Bucky complains. "It's not a reality show it's a game show," Sam fights back, "there is a difference, old man." "Okay, okay that's enough," you scold and take the remote from them, "since you insist on fighting about it like children I have no choice but to pick for all of us." You sit in between Bucky and Sam, who are both crossing their arms and pouting, and switch to Netflix to watch Narcos.

Afterwards you walk pass the lab and spot Tony and Bruce working on a project. On the table you spot some objects and step inside for a closer look. "What's all this?" you gesture to the table, "ideas for advanced security measures," was Tony's reply more focused on their project. "Like what appears to be a very large can of pepper spray?" you pick that up. "He said they were ideas," Bruce replies, "he never said they were good ideas." That earned a slight scowl on Tony. "What about these?" You pick up a pair of handcuffs. "Those I heavily reinforced so even the Hulk couldn't break out of them," Tony tells you and that gave you an idea.

-------------Time Skip to Lunch---------------
Not everyone was able to make it to lunch due to meetings or missions so at the table was you, Wanda, Clint, Scott, Sam, and Bucky. Right when you finished putting your sandwich together you hear Sam and Bucky fighting again which caused everyone at the table to roll their eyes. Finally you couldn't take it anymore. You casually walk to the table and quickly handcuff Bucky to Sam which caught them and everyone else at the table by surprise. "What the hell, (y/n)?" Bucky exclaims. "This is for you own good," you tell them, "I'm sick of you two acting like idiots all the time and it's time you learn a lesson."  Bucky attempts to break the cuffs off, "You can try and break those all you want, they're heavily reinforced." "How long do we have to stay like this?" Sam questions. "Until you two learn to get along," was your reply. "That's not happening anytime soon," Sam groans. "The sooner you guys learn to be nice, the sooner I'll let you guys out." Begrudgingly Bucky gets up to leave, dragging Sam with him. Clint and Scott follow not wanting to miss what was about to transpire next. "You really think they can get through this without killing each other?" Wanda asks you. "If it does come to that, I have the key," you reach into your pocket to pull out the key only to find it wasn't there. "Uh-oh," you say, "They're really gonna be pissed at me when they find out."

An hour later Sam and Bucky storm into the lounge area where you were screening a movie on Netflix. "(Y/N), please," Sam begs, "Get these off please." You look at your phone, "Only one hour, it certainly was a lot longer than I expected until you two came begging." "Just please give us the key, (y/n)," Bucky pleads. "Uh yeah about that," you say nervously. "It turns out I don't have the key with me." "What?" they both exclaim. "Sorry, I got those from Tony and I guess I forgot to ask about a key" you explain. "Ugh son of a bitch," Bucky mutters. "Can't we ask Tony for a key?" Sam suggests. "He just took off for a business conference and won't be back for sometime," you reply which makes both men groan. "What about Banner?" Bucky suggests. "Called away for a mission somewhere in Iceland." That made groan even more. 

 The rest of the day, Sam and Bucky worked vigorously to get the cuffs off. Sam's first attempt was to use a saw and cut it off. "You think you're going to make a dent in the chain any day soon?" Bucky snidely questions. "Just shut up and let me concentrate," Sam retorts. "Here guys I got this," Clint steps up and pulls out an arrow. "How's that going to help?" Sam asks skeptically. "I aim at the chain, the arrow explodes, and you're both free," Clint replies. "whoa, whoa, whoa," Sam holds his hands up, "I've seen those explosive arrows up close, you get that away from me." "That makes two of us," Bucky agrees. Clint takes aim and the guys flee the room before Clint could fire. "Alright, gents," they here Scott walking with what appeared to be a flame thrower. "Ah hell no!" Sam exclaims. "Relax," Scott reassures, "I'm a professional. We can easily use this to melt the metal off." Scott turns on the flame thrower than set to high which scared the guys. "Get away, you people are crazy!" Sam exclaims as he and Bucky flee back to the previous room only to turn around and go another direction when they see Clint again. They run into once more. "(Y/N), you have to help us out of here," Bucky pleads. "Yeah and do it soon before were blown up or roasted," Sam quips. "okay, okay, calm down," you say to them. "Let's just walk over to the lab. Maybe Tony and Bruce had something in there we can use to get these off." "Wait just one moment," Bucky pulls Sam, "Where the hell you taking me?" Sam asks, "the bathroom," was Bucky's reply which made Sam grimace. Once that was taken care you get a call from Steve. "Hey, Steve," you answer the phone, "Aren't you suppose to be on a mission." Sam and Bucky listen intently as you talk over the phone. "Really? Okay. No, no, we can make it. We'll be there within the hour." You hang up. "We'll have to put a rain check on finding that key. Right now Steve needs us." "How am I suppose to fight stuck to this bastard?" Sam gestures to the cuffs for emphasis. "Not like I'm happy about this either, bird man," Bucky retorts. "Ugh," you groan, "Look, once this is all over, I will do everything in my power to free you from your bonds," you tell them, "This probably wasn't my finest idea but I just wanted you guys to get along. You're both important to me, to the team, and to Steve. So for all our sakes, swallow your pride and make nice!"

You're little speech must have really hit the guys cause once you and them land the quinjet where Steve is, at some smugglers den in Miami, Sam and Bucky seem to start working together jumping in and helping Steve kick ass. "Wow, guess that was my best idea after all," you state. "I know I missed a full day here," Steve steps, "but I really need to ask. Buck, what are doing handcuffed to Sam?" Instantly Sam and Bucky point fingers toward you, "It was her idea," they both said at the same time. "Hey, it worked, you two are actually agreeing with each other and working together." That got them thinking you may be right. "Why don't we go home then and look for the key....then?" you reach into your pocket and find a key. "Tell me that is not the key to these cuffs and you had them with you this whole time?" Sam scowls. "I guess I had it in my other pocket this whole time," you laugh nervously. You give the key to Steve, "You free them while I get a ten second head start." You take in a sprint. "You're dead when we catch you, (y/n)!" Bucky calls out to you.