Freakishly Cute- Bucky Barnes

This will be a cute fluffy one-shot

"You sure this is safe doll?" Bucky asked in skepticism as you pour the contents from the small vial into a glass of water. "T'challa said it was okay. There shouldn't any negative side effects," you answer, "besides it'll be fun. I think you would be absolutely adorable as a cat," you smile at the mental image.

It had been a few months since Bucky came out of cryo; the scientists T'challa tasked with finding a cure for Bucky's mental ailments succeeded and he was good to go afterwards. When you went to pick him up, you noticed the same vial that caught your attention and inquired as to what was in it. Apparently the same scientists who helped Bucky were also doing a little side project that involved turning people into animals in order to enhance their senses. You had volunteered to test the sample by having Bucky test it out; with his consent of course.

"You ready?" you ask in slight anticipation. "Only one way to find out," was Bucky's answer as he downed the glass. He took in every drop until there was nothing left. "Well?" you ask your boyfriend after a minute, "How are you feeling?" "Not any different then what I usually feel," he flatly replies. "I guess it needed some more testing," you said.

You and Bucky sat down in the lounge area of the compound and decided to watch Moana on Netflix. In the middle of "Shiny," you looked at Bucky and noticed two black cat ears sticking out of his head. "Uh, Bucky, you sure you're feeling alright?" You asked with slight concern. "I'm fine, (y/n)," he casually answers, "why do you ask?" "Uh...no reason. I'm pretty sure you have nothing to worry about," you pull off a fake smile.

Truth be told you were a little worried but you wanted to make sure this was the process of Bucky transforming into a cat. After the movie, Bucky got up from the couch and you noticed he also had a tail; just like that of a cat. "So what do you want for dinner?" you ask, trying not to stare at the tail. "I think some grilled salmon would sound good right about now," Bucky replies. "Really?" you raise an eyebrow, "Buck, last I checked you weren't the biggest fan of fish unless it's fried." "Well maybe my palate changed since last I came out of the freezer," Bucky provides for an explanation. 

When you and Bucky walk into the kitchen, Steve and Sam were at the table already eating dinner. When they saw Bucky heading for the fridge, Sam nearly chocked on his food and Steve practically spit out his drink. "Bucky, what happened to you man?" Steve asks wide-eyed. "What are you talking about?" Bucky raises an eyebrow, chugging down a carton of milk. "Have you looked in a mirror lately?" Sam asked with a slight smirk. That moment Bucky rushed to the nearest bathroom. A few seconds later you could hear what was probably suppose to be a scream, but sounded more like yowling. When he came back, his facial features seemed to be mixed with annoyance and concern. "Did you notice these?" he pointed to the cat ears. "Yeah," you nod, trying not to smile, "I would've told you sooner, but I wanted to see how long the transformation would take...or how long it would take for you to notice."

You led Bucky to the lab to see Bruce, and had T'challa meet up with the three of you. "Well it appears the serum was a slight success," T'challa grins as he and Bruce examine Bucky's ears and tail, "the transformation was meant to be a full one, but it looks like it only went half way through. Clearly the serum requires more testing." "Are there any side effects we should be worried about?" you ask, "other then the tail and ears, he seems to exhibit other cat-like behaviors such as a strong preference to milk and fish." "I am not behaving like a cat," Bucky crosses his arms. To prove your point, you take a laser pointer and point it at Bucky, making him chase it. He stopped when he finally figured out what was happening, "Okay, so I do typical cat stuff," he crosses his arms in an almost pout. "There still shouldn't be any negative side effects," T'challa reassures, "and since the serum was only meant to be temporary, it should wear off in a day or two."

"A day or two huh?" you couldn't help the grin forming on your face. "What's with the grin?" Bucky frowns. "Nothing," you approach to wrap your arms around his neck, "I just think you look absolutely cute like this," you peck his lips, "I'm looking forward to the next couple days." "What did I just get myself into?" Bucky wonders as you exit the lab.

You practically spent the whole of the next day discovering more of Bucky's newly formed feline quirks. The only thing he wanted to eat for the most part was fish whether it was tuna, salmon, tilapia, it made no difference to him. You kept the fridge stalked with milk in case he wanted some. You also kept him busy with the laser pointer; watching him chase it was endless entertainment.

Later in the day you made a quick trip to Petsmart to buy  some cat toys. When you got back you saw Bucky rubbing up against the sofa. "I hope you're not planning to scratch or mark that," you say sternly. "Don't be ridiculous, doll," he reply with the same stern tone, "I'm only a partial animal. What's in the bag?" "Just some toys I though you might want to try out," you say with a mischievous grin. You pulled out a toy mouse and tossed it at Bucky, making him chase and bat at it. You then pulled out a toy bird on a string and swung it near Bucky's nose. He proceeded to chase and jump at it. During this little play time, Sam walked in and accidentally stepped on Bucky's tail, making the super soldier hiss in pain, and grab his tail.

"Oops, sorry, man," Sam apologized, albeit with a slight smirk. "You did that on purpose," Bucky scowled. "Yes, Barnes, I was waiting for just the right moment to walk in here just so I could step on your tail," Sam answered in sarcasm. "Easy, Buck," you calm Bucky down, "if not Sam, then someone else would've stepped on your tail eventually." Bucky's ears droop at the realization. "Here," you hand a ball of yarn to Sam, "Use this to cheer him up." With pleasure, Sam tossed the yarn ball to Bucky, making him chase and bat at it, forgetting the tail incident.

"So how much longer is this suppose to last?" Sam asked, "Is Banner or anyone else looking for a antidote or something?" "We talked to T'challa, he said it would wear off in a couple days at most," you answer, "But you gotta admit, this is fun. I wish he could stay like this forever." "You only say that cause you thinks he looks super cute," Sam accuses. "Yeah," you nod your head shamelessly. "Uh, guys, I could use a hand," Bucky meekly called out, all tangled up in yarn.  You and Sam help him get untangled. "Thanks, sweetie," he says to you. "Uh, hey I helped too," Sam points out, making you give Bucky a stern look. "Fine. Thanks, Sam, even though you were the one who tossed me the yarn." "No one said you had to get tangled up in it," Sam shoots back.

You scratch Bucky under his chin, making him purr unexpectedly. "What was that?" you ask in surprise. "I...I don't know. It sorta came out," Bucky begins to blush, "Sorry." "Don't be," you smile, "I liked it." you scratch his chin again, earning another purr. You earn even more loving purrs as you proceed to scratch his cheeks and then his ears. "Keep going, doll," he moans when you stopped scratching his ears. "Much as I love you and love doing this, we have other things to do," you point out. He pouts, hoping you would give into his request. "Bucky," you whine. "Please, doll?" he pouts some more. "We need to get ready for bed," you answer, "I'll pet you some more afterwards, how does that sound?" At that compromise, Bucky picks you up and carries you to your shared bedroom.

True to your word, you continued your previous actions in bed. When the two of you were about to settle for the night, Bucky snuggled right up next to you, his tail wrapped slightly around your leg as you and him fall asleep.

When you woke up the next morning, you noticed Bucky's ears and tail were gone. When he woke up, he noticed you pouting slightly. "What's wrong, doll?" he asked in his gruff morning voice. "Nothing," you mutter, "your ears and tail are gone." "Isn't that a good thing?" he asked. "I guess," you nod, "It's a shame though, I kinda like you as a cat," you admit, "especially the purring part." Bucky pulled you into a cuddle, attempting to make the purring noises again, making you chuckle.