Thunder Storm- Thor

We've been getting a considerable amount of stormy weather the last couple weeks where I'm living, and so this is what came to mind. There will be some Vicar of Dibely and Ouran High School Host Club references in this one.

Well, it was that time of the week once again; time for the weekly meeting in the Avengers compound. Problem? It was storming outside...Well it wasn't a problem for everyone else. It was only a problem for you.
You hate thunderstorms; you were terrified of them actually. It seemed silly considering what you've seen since joining the team, but that was the cold hard truth. So rather then brave through the noise of the thunder and walk to the conference room for the meeting, you seek refuge under your bed where you can't see the lightning and place headphones on so you can't hear the thunder.

Meanwhile, the others on your team were fixing to head to the conference room for the meeting. The first ones there were Sam and Bucky.

"It sure is quite a nasty storm out there," Sam observed. "I've known worse," Bucky chides as they took their seats. "When was that?" Sam asked. "The Great Storm, when that building next to where Steve and I were living collapsed right out of nowhere," Bucky answered.

"That wasn't the Great Storm, Buck," Steve quips as he enters the room, "That was just a moderately windy night. No a really great storm was the Great Storm."
"Which one was that?" Bucky frowns. "That was the one when Ole' Man
Smith slipped and was nearly washed all the way to Queens." "That wasn't the Great Storm," Bucky countered. "Sounds pretty damn great to me," Sam comments.
"The Great Storm was the one when we were stranded at Coney Island and those stands started blowing away like leaves." "That was the Great Wind," Steve points out. "What's the difference?" Sam asked. "For it to be a storm there has to be rain," Steve explained, "but in the Great Wind, there was just wind."

The others soon made there way into the conference. "Raining cats and dogs out there," Clint comments, "It reminds me of the Great Storm." Steve and Bucky shoot Clint the biggest death glare ever.
"Okay let's get this over and done with," Tony says taking a seat, "We'll try and keep this meeting as short as possible." Tony looks around the room and notices you weren't there, "Where's  (y/n)?" He asked. The others look around. "Maybe she's just running late," Natasha figures. "Maybe she's not feeling well and forgot to call in sick," Rhodey suggested. 
"If you will permit, I will willingly volunteer to check up on (y/n) to insure she is still with us," Thor offered.

Just as Thor left, the lights went out simultaneously. "How exciting," Clint said in the dark, "It's just like the Great Eclipse of '03." "Oh, shut up, Barton," Bucky grunts.
"I thought this facility was supposed to be self sustainable," Sam comments.

Back in your bedroom you were on your bed, curled up tightly in a blanket. The black out took you by surprise, and you were even more scared then you were a few minutes ago. "Oh, this is ridiculous," you say to yourself, "I'm an Avenger. I shouldn't be scared of a little thunder storm."

You bravely take your headphones out, daring to face your fears. You jumped when you heard a sound, thinking it was thunder, but it only turned out to be someone knocking at your door. Still shook up, you got up and answered it, to find Thor on the other side. "Hey, Thor, what brings you here?" You asked sheepishly.
"Our fellow Avengers were concerned about your absence at the meeting that is taking place as we speak," Thor replied, "Did you not receive the message that it was today?" "Oh," you say, "I guess I sort of forgot. I'd say maybe I thought it was cancelled due to a rainy day except the meetings indoor," you laugh a little. Strangely enough talking with Thor was calming, practically taking your mind off the thunderstorm...well for a few moments.

There was a sudden clap of thunder that made jump in fright. "Is everything alright,        (y/n)?" Thor asked. "Y-yes, I'm fine," you snapped quickly. Thor merely frowned. Normally you were collected in the face of danger; it was uncharacteristic of you to become so shaken from a little thunder. "Please don't look at me like that," you tell him, "I'm telling you it was nothing-" another clap of thunder interrupted you and made you jump back.

"Are you scared of a storm?" Thor seems to realize. "No!" You quickly denied, "I jumped back, uh, because....I just remembered I had some business to take care of, excuse me!" You run into the closet and close the door. "What business can a mortal possibly have in a closet?" Thor asks in disbelief.

You stayed there for a bit, so Thor walk up to the closet door and knocked on it a few times. "(Y/N)?" He calls, "Your not scared of thunderstorms are you?"
"Okay, fine I am, I've been scared of them since I was little, are you happy now?" you confessed from the other side of the closet, "It's pathetic isn't it? An Avenger being scared of a little thunder and lighting."

Thor said nothing. Instead he opened the door. He saw you sitting in the corner, knees tucked to your chest. He approaches where you are and kneels down, placing a hand on your shoulder. "It's nothing to be ashamed of," he assures you, then slowly pulls you into a hug. "I wish I could have gotten over it by now," you say in a quiet tone. "If you want, I can help you overcome your fears," Thor offered, "If not, then that's okay with me. It won't change how amazing a fighter I think you are; or as a person in general."

You wrap your arms around the Asgardian, returning the affection. You could hear the thunder outside, but strangely enough, you didn't feel as scared anymore. "I think I'll make it," you tell him, "but I'll admit I might need some help."
The lights came back on. You and Thor walk out of the closet to see outside. The rain had stopped, and the sun was shiny through the clouds. "I'm glad it's over," you say feeling relieved, then looked up to Thor, "Your not going to tell the others about my, uh..." You weren't sure how to put it into words. "Rest assured your secret is safe with me," Thor replied.
"Thank you," you say, then look at him shyly, "If it storms again do, uh, do you think you could be by my side again?" Thor smiled, "it will be a pleasure," he kisses the side of your head, "Maybe next time I could shorten the storm's length." "No, it's okay," you chuckle, "It wouldn't be as helpful if I plan on overcoming my fears."