Into the Unknown- Loki

A request from TaylorGriffith879 asking for a Loki one-shot based on the namesake song from Frozen 2. And since I had a chance to see the movie, I decided to do this one-shot based on the plot of the film.
This takes places after the events of Thor: Ragnarok, only Asgard hasn't been destroyed, Thor is king, and Loki is by his side. Loki hears a siren's call, much like Elsa, but it sounds like the voice of someone he used to know, being the reader. He and Thor then journey across the stars to look for this mysterious siren.

Some angst at the end. Enjoy.

"Huh?" Loki's ears perk to a sound that came from far away. It was faint, but it sounded much like a song. He initially believed it was probably his tired mind playing tricks; after defeating Hela and being Thor's right hand man in overseeing Asgard's affairs, there was much rest for the weary right now.

Loki roams the halls when he hears the song again, this time it was louder and more distinct. He spots a nearby guard. "Did you hear that," he inquires. "Uh, hear what exactly, your Highness?" the guard asks confused. Loki frowns a little; the song was loud enough that everyone in the palace should've heard. Maybe it was his mind playing tricks after all, "Never mind," he tells the guard, "I think I must be hearing things."

Loki didn't hear it again for much of the day, that is, until he sat to dine with his brother Thor. He heard the song again, still the same volume, but the voice sounded familiar to him. Thor noticed the look on Loki's face, like he was staring at something in the distance. "Something distracting you, brother?" Thor asks with some concern. "I'm...not sure," Loki admits, "You don't hear that?" "Hear what?" Thor asks confused. "Something's out there, it keeps singing," Loki explains, getting up to see outside the palace window, "It's beautiful to say the least, but...I can't help but feel I've heard that song before from someone we knew a long time ago." "Loki, your mind must be playing tricks, I'm not hearing anything," Thor tells him, "you must not be getting enough rest. Back on Earth, when Stark would go days without sleep, he too would hear voices in his head, though they're usually his dead father telling him what a disappointment he's been as a child. Of course, then we would all have to drag him to bed for much needed sleep, and he would put a fight, which wasn't a problem unless he was wearing that metal suit of his. Then we'd have to call Banner and Captain Rogers for reinforcement."

"It's not in my head," Loki assures, "It's distant, like...like it's coming from the other side beyond the nine realms." "It's probably nothing," Thor assures, "Now will you take my advice and get some much needed rest before I need to call Valkyrie here to drag you to bed?" Loki sighs a little annoyed; clearly he was the only one who can hear this sound and his brother is fully convinced he's going crazy from sleep deprivation. So he takes Thor's advice and goes to bed.

Still he couldn't help but wonder why the voice sounded so familiar.

----------Flashback-------

Thousands of years ago when Thor and Loki were both on the verge of adolescence, the two boys were sleeping one night peacefully, without a care in their world. Earlier that day, the ambassador from the realm of Vanaheim had come to Asgard for diplomatic purposes; on this trip said ambassador brought his daughter along, who quickly became fast friends with the Asgard princes, and becoming quite close to Loki.

In the night, you walk around, exploring the halls as you were too excited to be getting any sleep when she noticed a door that was slightly creaked open, revealing both princes in slumber. You wanted some company and what better then the boys who grew up in the palace that can show you more of the place. You sneak in and stand by the side of Loki's bed, waiting for him to just wake up. He didn't.
So you decide to shake him awake, "Loki?" you whisper. "Loki. Wake up." Young Loki groans a little in his sleep, "Thor, not now, brother, some of us are trying to sleep." "It's not Thor trying to wake you up, Loki," you say back.