Thanksgiving Chaos

I wasn't initially planning to do a Thanksgiving one-shot but this idea just came to me. This is set after Civil War, the team is back together (and then some), but things haven't been completely patched up and it starts to boil over as Thanksgiving approaches. I also took minimal inspiration from the trailer for Marvel's Runaways.

Plenty of drama in this one so enjoy.

"Alright, what else is left?" You ask Steve as he pushes the cart through the store. "Well let's see," Steve checks the list, "We have the turkey, extra large since there's a lot of us, we pretty much have everything for the cranberry sauce, the green bean casserole, the potatoes, sweet potatoes, gravy, all that's left is-" "Pie," You hear Tony's voice as he dumps an assortment of pies and ice cream into the cart.

"That's a great deal of pie, Dean Winchester," you say. "Well I wasn't sure what everyone wanted so I practically purchased the whole isle," Tony proudly smirks, "Wait scratch that, I did buy the whole isle." "Great job, Tony," Steve sarcastically interjects, "you're singlehandedly keeping the pie market in business while simultaneously killing the economy for everybody else." "I plan to donate the rest to the food bank, Cap, there's no need to get a stick up your ass about it," Tony retorts. "Guys can we please not do this here?" you step in, "It's Thanksgiving, this is the time we're suppose to come together, not fall apart, okay?" 

The two reluctantly nod and you proceed to the cash register to pay.

By some miracle, the team somehow managed to get back together after the Civil War incident; however, the atmosphere hasn't really been the same since. Tensions were still high, especially between Tony and Steve who had yet to patch things up after what went down in Siberia; it doesn't help that Tony has to live under the same roof with the man who killed his parents (despite the fact that Bucky had no free will at the time).  There's also the fact that there have been a few more additions to the team which has only caused the tension to increase (especially when Thor brought Loki to the team). Sure there were unresolved issues with others on the team like between Vision and Wanda and Natasha and Clint, but none was bigger then the tension between Steve and Tony.

For the most part, Steve and Tony avoided any sort of contact with each when they were in the same room, even then, there was always this unsettling feeling that a confrontation was about to surface.  You never liked being caught in the middle of it all. Even though you were there during the Civil War incident and had to choose a side (you pick a side), all you just wanted right now was for everyone to put it all in the past and start acting like a team again; which was the reason why you convinced both Steve and Tony to join you in the Thanksgiving shopping.

In the present, you were at least grateful the two were able to act civilized during the drive back to the Avengers compound.

----------

While the three of you were heading back with the food, Vision was in the kitchen going through various cookbooks to see what people served during Thanksgiving. Around that time, Wanda absentmindedly walked into the kitchen only to stop when she spots Vision, "Oh, uh, I can come back here another time," she hastily says as she turns around to leave. "Please stay," Vision insists, "Since we live in the same facility the odds of us seeing each other in the same room are rather high, we may as well get used to it." Wanda nodded then proceeded to the fridge, not making any eye contact with the android. Having been on different sides from before, the two hadn't exactly taken the time to take air out the dirty laundry, rather choosing to make little contact with each other. They would occasionally make small talk though, "What are you reading?" she asked in a curious manner. "I was looking at some traditional Thanksgiving dishes," Vision answers. "That sounds interesting," Wanda merely replies. "Yes, it is," Vision nods. They didn't speak anymore afterwards.