1.2

during lunch, y/n's table was filled with the outcasts of the school.

she chose to keep to herself and they didn't talk to her as well so it was all good.

sometimes y/n would ditch the loud cafeteria for a quiet and calm place.

she'd find an empty classroom and just eat her homemade lunch there.

a few boys would try to hit on her but because she never responded to their flirtatious antics, they gave up.

today, something she had never expected happened.

y/n was just eating in silence at her table while other students were busy gossiping away and catching up on what they did during break, when a boy came and sat across from her.

she didn't react or say anything but he shyly spoke to her.

"hello. you're y/n right?" he asked in a deep and low voice.

she stopped chewing and looked at him.

"pardon?" she looked confused.

no one had bothered to talk to her and yet here this boy was, knowing her name.

"sorry, i must've gotten the wrong girl." he was going to stand up but y/n spoke.

"yes, i am y/n. do you need something from me?"

he smiled when she said her name and stayed in his seat.

"i'm dong sicheng but you can call me winwin. do you remember me? i remember you." he couldn't stop smiling.

the girl froze and tried to remember him.

"ah, you're the boy who i helped at the grocery store right?" she was good at remembering people but sometimes she forgot who they were.

°flashback°

It was a hot summer day during break and y/n walked to the grocery store to buy dinner for tonight.

jisung also wanted ice cream so she grabbed that before waiting in line.

she noticed something going on with the customer in front of her.

"sorry, but this isn't enough." the clerk told the boy.

y/n didn't see his face but she could tell he really wanted the samgyeopsal he couldn't pay for.

without saying a word, y/n dropped the money to buy it.

the boy looked at her and pointed at himself as if asking "For me?"

y/n nodded and the boy paid the cashier.

"don't worry about paying me back." she said as he smiled excitedly.

he ran over to which seemed like his friend and y/n also paid for her stuff.

without looking back the girl left the store.

meanwhile winwin was handing the bag to his friend and was going to thank y/n but when he looked back she was already out of sight.

°end of flashback°

"right! i feel guilty not repaying you that day so i'll do my best to."he spoke confidently.

"no need. i already told you." she said but he only grabbed her hands which took her aback.

"let's be friends alright?" he looked serious as he stared into her eyes.

other students were whispering about them but neither seemed to care.

y/n didn't know how to respond.

no one had acted that way to her before.

still y/n found herself nodding as winwin's smile grew even wider.

"i'm so happy!" he exclaimed and there was a feeling of happiness in her heart too.