4.3

on a day in which everyone else was at school, winwin was in bed.

with insane migraines and constant nausea, his parents let him stay home.

he was groaning from the pain throughout his body when his phone suddenly dinged. his phone was on the table next to his bed but because he was in so much pain, he didn't grab it right away.

only when he saw y/n's name did he use all his remaining strength to grab the device. it fell on his bed but winwin turned sideways so that he could still use it. unlocking the phone, winwin read the text smiling.

she was asking if something happened to him since he was absent for the first time.

winwin sent a reply explaining how he was sick with a fever. he didn't have an umbrella when it was pouring so that's why he had a fever.

winter was almost here and it had been getting colder but winwin didn't expect it to rain when he was walking to the store yesterday evening.

regardless, at least his crush texted him so it was worth it. winwin could not help but smile as he replied to y/n. she even sent him gifs and emojis to show how worried she was about him.

after explaining his situation, y/n calmed down and felt like she overreacted. she asked him to send her his address because she was going to go over.

winwin was not expecting that but he gladly did. y/n's coming over?! he kept repeating as he waited for school to end.

***
throughout the school day, y/n was busy thinking what she should bring to help winwin get better. although she wasn't a doctor, she knew the basic treatment for those with migraines.

"y/n, do you want to walk home with us?" jaehyun asked and tilted his head to taeyong.

taeylong had his earphones in so he looked like he wasn't paying attention but in reality, he would sneak glances at the girl before him.

"i would love to, but sicheng is ill. I plan on going to the store to buy tea so I can make them for him. it helps soothe migraines."
she replied, feeling bad because she didn't want to decline.

"what? winwin is sick?" yuta's voice came from behind them.

"no wonder he wasn't here today! that boy never tells me anything." ten whined feeling hurt because they were part of the foreign squad.

"how about we pay him a visit? the more the merrier right?" doyoung suggested as he placed a hand on y/n's shoulder.

"i agree. he needs all the love he can get." taeil added with an angelic smile that could melt any cold heart.

mark stood beside him with a smile as well. with this, everyone was gathered.

y/n didn't know what to do. she thought dhe was going alone but since most of them wanted to go, how could she refuse them?

"alright. we're going to the store first."

with that, eight high schoolers ventured off to the nearest store to look for things that would help their friend.

*****
This is one of my favorite chapters!