3.6

y/n plopped down on her bed as soon as she got home. she was exhausted from work.

the day had been busy and there were lots of customers. she was also concerned about this morning, what if the person followed her to work? she was becoming paranoid but decided not to think about it too much. maybe it was just a prank.

"noona!" jisung called from downstairs. y/n sighed as she reluctantly got up and walked downstairs.

"yes jisung?"

"there's mail for you."

y/n saw a letter in his hand. not just any letter but a really decorative one. it was like the fancy invitations for parties. but who would want to invite her, she thought.

taking the letter, y/n opened it carefully. she was taken aback by what was written in the letter.

dear my precious y/n,

i have been wanting to tell you this for so long.

i love you.

i know you might be confused about who i am but don't worry. the time for you to find out will come. before then, please accept my feelings. i am sincere and only wish to be by your side.

yours truly,
secret admirer

y/n was dumbfounded. who would write her a love letter? she put the letter back in and took it to her room.

maybe this was a joke from someone near her. she had never dated anyone since the death of jungyeon and had no intentions to.

grabbing her phone, she texted yuta.

y/n:
hey
seen 7:06 p.m.

nakamoto yuta:
what's up?

y/n:
did u by any chance
send me a letter?
seen 7:07 p.m.

nakamoto yuta:
oh y/n-chan~
who writes letters these days?
i wud love to text a whole
paragraph to u tho 💖💖💖

y/n:
oh srry to waste your time.
i'll c u tmr. gn!
seen 7:10 p.m.

yuta was smiling since that was the first time she texted him. he would always text her good mornings and good nights but not every single day since he didn't want to seem annoying. of course, he knew the other boys texted her too. they all exchanged numbers the day of the slumber party so everyone started to know one another.

yuta has always liked y/n, since freshman year. his family just moved to japan that year and he was bullied for not being able to speak korean and the fact that he was japanese. he didn't talk to anyone until he was paired up with y/n, the quiet girl.

*flashback*
yuta sat anxiously in his seat as the teacher assigned everyone partners.

before, the class could choose to work independently or with a partner. those who worked with a partner barely got any work done because they chose their close friends and instead of working on the project they fooled around. so the teacher finally had it. he observed the people who talked too much and those who never spoke. by assigning those who were unfamiliar with each other, they would have to work together.

"nakamoto yuta and f/n l/n." mr. jongdae announced, reading from his clipboard.

yuta glanced at the girl who was busy reading a book. hearing her name, y/n looked yuta's way. she had always chosen to work independently but since it was required to work with a partner this time she had no choice.

standing up, she walked to the empty seat next to him.

mr. jongdae explained the project which was to research another country and create a powerpoint about it.
he handed the rubric which had all the details and what was expected.

after that, he let the class to choose their country and tell him.

yuta sat silently, not knowing what to say. he knew basic korean but he never really spoke with anyone. his parents forbade him from speaking in japanese at home so his korean could improve, and it did.

"so....." he started.

y/n was aware of the awkwardness between them.

"i want to to research japan. what do you think?" she spoke and he had a look of surprise.

y/n chose this country because since yuta is from there, it would be easy for him. he would just have to do the work in korean which she was glad to help.

"sure. let's do japan!" his confidence grew. he didn't want to seem ethnocentric but he was born and raised there so it would be easy for him. some students dislike him because of the history japan and korea have.

"do you want to work on the project at your house or my house?" y/n asked.

"your house because i don't want my parents to get the wrong idea." he smiled.

*flashback end*

yuta beamed as he reminisced about his first time talking to y/n. ever since then, he always worked with her if they had the same classes. he always noticed that she didn't smile but on some occasions, he would get her to smile a little with his jokes. yuta really liked y/n.

he had crushes in the past but he never liked anyone this long.

was it turning into love?

*****
I NEED YOUR OPINIONS!

So I'm currently working on other stories but I don't know if I should publish them. This one, I started before NCT's Crazy For You but I haven't published it yet.

Here is the synopsis.

Should I publish it?

Also, if you guys see any incorrect spelling PLEASE COMMENT, because I'm like a perfectionist when it comes to writing. I don't take offense, instead, I appreciate it actually. If it's about the capitalization then don't worry because the story is lowercase intended. I don't why but writing everything in all lowercase makes it seem prettier. Maybe that's just me.

If I have time tomorrow, I will work on more chapters. I have a walkathon at school tomorrow so I'm really excited. It's in remembrance of a student who passed away due to cancer. She was a senior who was graduating but she didn't make it. My school raised money for cancer so I'm really happy.

If anyone reading this has had people they love who passed away from cancer, I just want to let you know stay strong!