moon taeil

moon taeil sat in his room, holding his guitar. there were music books laying all over the floor but he didn't care to clean it up.

the whole week he felt as if he was dead inside. without his muse, how could he continue on with life?

even with so many years of not seeing her, his feelings never changed because he knew she was well and alive under the same sky.

until that fateful night a few months ago, he recalled.

he was simply taking a walk at night, only to stumble upon a body in the park. at first, he thought it was an animal, but only when he stepped on the sleeping pills did he realize the person overdosed.

the image of her lifeless body filled his mind, with pills coming out her mouth.

he didn't know it was her immediately until he called the ambulance and went to the hospital.

only then did he find out the girl whom he had always been in love with tried to kill herself.

she had changed so much that he was afraid she would not want to see him in her life.

so, he simply watched her from afar, hoping someone else would make her happy.

he asked the doctor why y/n would try and kill herself. the doctor couldn't answer as y/n wouldn't talk at all. she simply cried, wanting to see the person who saved her. she wanted to ask why they saved her, when the world could be better without her in it.

when taeil heard her words, he felt like she was a whole different person. she had once been so optimistic and cheerful, and now she was pessimistic, blaming herself for things she wasn't even responsible for.

he didn't want her to know it was him who saved her so he asked the doctor to keep his name anonymous.

till this day, he regretted not going inside and talking to her.

as he reminisced the events of that night, his phone rang.

"who could be calling me now?" he asked himself before setting his guitar down and picking the phone up. seeing it was jisung, taeil answered, trying to sound cheerful.

"jisung, did something happen?" he asked but jisung screamed his name.

"taeil hyung! you have to come over to the hospital right now! hurry up!" after that, jisung hung up on him, leaving him confused.

of course, he didn't waste any time and grabbed his jacket, before hastily putting on his shoes. rushing to the hospital which was merely five minutes away from his house, taeil ran up to the register.

"hello sir, how may i help you?" the nurse asked him and he told her he was here to see you.

"i'm here to visit park y/n. she's a friend of mine." he informed before the nurse nodded, allowing him to go.

taeil rushed up the elevator, going to your room. when he opened the door, he saw jisung and his grandma smiling when they saw him.

"how is she?" he asked, struggling to breathe.

"she's been calling your name repeatedly. i think only you can bring her back."
taeil blushed, hearing what jisung said.

"tae....il...." she kept calling his name over and over again.

he looked at her face, which was paler than ever.

"hyung, are you perhaps...... the person who found my sister when she almost died?" jisung asked which caused taeil to tense up again. he thought no one knew about that except the doctor.

he didn't want to hide it any longer so he simply nodded.

"why didn't you tell noona it was you who saved her?" jisung felt a bit upset about the incident but he was extremely thankful taeil rescued her in time or else.

"i was a coward who couldn't face the person i liked because i was afraid of rejection." he confessed, tears filling up his eyes. the teardrops fell onto y/n eyes which twitched.

"i really love her." taeil cried out, holding the girl's fragile hands.

"i love you too....." y/n's faint reply startled everyone.

"noona!" jisung smiled and cried when he saw your eyes open.

taeil looked down at you in shock and happiness. he clearly heard what you said.

"what did you say?" he wanted to make sure he wasn't hearing voices or hallucinating.

"i love you too.... that night, it was you right?" y/n also cried, remembering everything that came back.

"how, how did you wake up?" her grandma was astonished but she felt it had something to do with taeil.

"all the memories i repressed, it was because i was scared to face them. i didn't want people to know i fell in love with my own brother, my best friend left me, my parents died while i lived. i kept blaming myself for the unfortunate events until i couldn't stand myself anymore.

the night i decided to kill myself, it was jungyeon's third anniversary. i wanted to join her but someone rescued me. when i asked who saved me, the doctors told me the person wanted to remain anonymous.

it pained my heart so i repressed that memory too. forgetting was the only way i could do. i'm more cowardly than you." y/n narrated, telling him everything.

"but i told myself, if i ever meet my savior one day, i would repay them no matter what. the person's name was hidden in my heart.

i was confused with my feelings in the past but now i know clearly who has captured my heart.

moon taeil, can we start over? to the times when we were younger, singing together and laughing with another."
y/n asked him and he nodded, trying to stop crying in front of the person he was in love with.

"of course. i promise to always love you until i die and to never hurt you." he helped you sit up and sat on the edge of the bed, embracing you.

y/n wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head on his shoulder.

"i love you....." he cried, while you hugged him tighter, not wanting him to leave.

"will you be my girlfriend?" he asked and you replied softly,

"yes, of course i will."

hearing your reply, he planted his lips on yours, not caring if jisung was watching or not.

this was how you felt with jungyeon. you know you know really love someone if they make your heart beat rapidly, and form butterflies in your stomach. not only that, they give you a feeling of comfort that you want to be in forever.

moon taeil was not your first love but he was certainly your last until the end of time.

*****
End: Moon Taeil