6.8

the next day, ten, yuta, and winwin visited y/n after school.

despited their korean not being that great, they were able to tell the nurse in the front desk that they were your close friends.

when they entered your room, it broke their hearts because you were still asleep, breathing slowly.

"i miss your lessons so much!" ten cried, leaning his head on your chest.

"dude, even with you crying on her, she won't get up." yuta noted since that was the truth.

they tried calling you, shaking you but you wouldn't budge. the only thing letting them know you were still alive was the heart rate machine that wasn't going down or up any sooner.

"y/n, if you wake up, winwin will buy pork belly for you. i even found a job already." winwin, who rarely cried teared up seeing his angel in this state. he missed how you would help him improve his korean, or translate things for him when he didn't understand.

life without you was different. it was as if his life was missing something important and he didn't like that.

yuta felt the same way. he often sent you texts but now, you couldn't even reply anymore.

"do you think y/n thinks she's disgusting?" yuta asked the other two who each held your hands.

they were surprised by his question but they wondered if that was why you didn't want to wale up. people who have low self-esteem were weaker mentally since they have a negative view of themselves.

they didn't point it out, but everyone knew how you felt conscious about yourself despite not showing how you cared. you were quite reserved when they first met you but slowly, you warmed up to them. knowing they were making you happy was enough for them.

they didn't want to be selfish by asking you to be their girlfriend when they were aware there were other people who liked you as well so they wanted you to choose whoever you wanted.

"she didn't know that guy was her brother and the accident wasn't her fault. she could have died but thank goodness she didn't otherwise we wouldn't have met such a wonderful girl."
ten was grateful for having met you from the bottom of his heart. he really liked you, but compared to the others who met you before him, he thought he probably didn't have a chance. he was fine as long as you were still a friend though because your happiness was his happiness as well.

*****
when it was taeil, mark, and haechan's turn to visit, they all dressed up nicely. they didn't want to dress casually because it would seem rude.

"y/n, we're here to see you." mark said happily when they entered but was greeted by silence.

taeil stood by the bed, watching you barely moving except every time you breathed.

haechan wanted to cry but he held his tears in. you were the older sister whom he never had. you saw him grow up, and adored him as much as he adored you.

his heart was in pain seeing the girl of his dream in a comatose. he couldn't bear to see you like this so he simply watched as mark talked to you as if you were alive.

mark was forcing himself to smile because he didn't want to seem sad in front of you, even when you weren't aware of it.

once mark finished talking, taeil sang a song for the sleeping beauty.

"you used to beg me to sing this song for you." he stated, beginning to sing "because of you."
the song perfectly described how he felt for you, and that would never change.

as mark and haechan listened to his angelic voice, they couldn't help but realize how much he really loved you. if you woke up an chose him, they wouldn't be surprised at all because taeil did wait years for you.