4.7

the street lights were already on as y/n, taeyong and jaehyun walked back to their neighborhood. they had just left winwin's house 10 minutes ago. the other boys went their own ways since they lived in different areas.

the moon was already out and there was a total silence as y/n walked in front of the two males. no one said a word, and only cars passing by would make noise.

y/n had her stoic expression as she walked in a normal pace, but she actually felt safe, knowing there were other who had her back. without thinking, she stopped and turned to the best friends.

"did you guys have fun?" she tried to start the conversation.

jaehyun smiled at her,
"we finishe some assignments and played games with the others."

taeyong nodded but kept his poker face before whispering in jaehyun's ears.

y/n didn't think much of it and continued walking but this time the atmosphere was less awkward than before.

when they arrived at their houses, y/n turned and waved goodbye with a faint smile. taeyong was staying the night at jaehyun's which is why he walked with them. in truth though, he only wanted to see her more.

"bro, you're lucky you know? you can see her everyday." taeyong expressed as they walked inside. taking off his shoes, jaehyun looked up at his best friend.

"i sure am." he didn't deny anything because living next to her, he could see her whenever he wanted. she was the one who made him want to a better man. when her family moved in, he was curious about his new neighbors. after meeting them, he learned they were a family of three. a grandma, granddaughter and grandson.

the grandmother was a very nice lady who instantly took a liking to him, inviting him to dinner. the granddaughter was cold at first but he found out that she was the one working to support her family. the grandson was a very cheerful kid who liked having another male to talk to.

"my parents aren't home so you can watch the tv if you want." jaehyun said walking to the kitchen. he grabbed two water bottles out the fridge. after returning to the living room, he found taeyong on his phone.

"here." he gave a bottle to the male and sat down next to him. jaehyun looked at taeyong's phone and almost spit the water in his mouth.

"is that y/n?!" he exclaimed.

taeyong nodded casually and handed the phone to him.

"pretty right? i took them when she wasn't looking."

jaehyung looked at his best friend wide eyes.

"that's so creepy. how come i didn't notice you were taking pictures of her all this time?"

taeyong shrugged,

"i can't help it. she's too good looking."

"you like her?" jaehyun asked since he didn't think his player of a friend would ever fall in love with anyone. actually, he had already suspected something was wrong when taeyong stopped any girls. he even stopped flirting with them and stopped giving out his number. in fact, he changed his number so only a few people knew it.

taeyong didn't reply right away. he was aware jaehyun liked the girl he liked as well. they had been best friends since young, how could he fight over a girl with him? therefore, taeyong preferred to watch the girl he truly liked from afar. although they rarely talked much, seeing her was fine for him.

"i do....."
he finally admitted because he didn't want to hold his feelings in any longer.

jaehyun was expecting this so he wasn't surprised at all.

"i knew it." he half laughed because taeyong really said it.

"i like her too." jaehyun continued.

"but i will not ruin the friendship we have. who she dates is up to her."

taeyong smiled, nodding in agreement.

on this night, the best friends decided that nothing would change even though they liked the same person. they were mature about it, and for the rest of the night talked about why they liked y/n so much.

*****
My JaeYong feels 😭😭😭😂