2.5

as taeyong walked down the hall, he heard his name being mentioned and he saw the person who said it.

"yeah, lee taeyong!" ten exclaimed and taeyong glared at him.

"what do you want?" he asked but ten only rolled his eye.

"we were just talking about how you're the captain of the basketball team. geez so rude."

"you're trying out?" taeyong raised an eyebrow.

"yes and y/n's coming to cheer me on." he looked at the girl behind him.

"hm?" she asked because she wasn't listening to their conversation.

taeyong noticed that the guy next to her, winwin was holding her hand.

somewhere in him, he wanted to be the one next to her.

maybe he should change his attitude first.

"guys, we're gonna be late for class!" yuta grabbed y/n's other hand and began to run so he was pulling her and winwin as well.

left in the hall were ten and taeyong who sent piercing glares to each other.

"you're into her but you let other boys touch her so easily." taeyong scoffed.

"so? she doesn't even acknowledge your existence. i can tell by how you always look at her during lunch you're interested in her too.
but you're too much of a coward to talk to her." ten smirked.

"i can get other girls anyways. what's so special about her?" taeyong said but he knew that wasn't how he felt.

"yeah, they're dumb so they fall for your tricks but y/n's not stupid like those other girls. she's not boy crazed and too smart to be played by you.
i may have just transferred but i know a lot about the latest gossips you know, mr. player." ten laughed and walked off.

taeyong clenched his fists in rage because what ten said was true.

he did stare at y/n during lunch.
he hated how ten, yuta, and winwin were always with her.

before, she was alone and no one wanted to have anything to do with her.

taeyong remembered the first time he saw y/n.

°flashback°
taeyong's pov

it was my first year of high school and i was already popular for being a player back in middle school.

i've dated so many girls but all of them ended up being dumped by me.

i love when they cry as i break up with them in front of everyone.

i was never serious with any of them.

they only liked me because of my looks and not my personality.

all girls are the same.

one look and they're head over heels already.

that was until i saw her.....

i was walking home on the first day of school and the girls were already drooling over me.

it's so tiring but i didn't mind the fame.

as i walked past a park i noticed a girl.