2.1

y/n sat silently in her seat as the other students who also had detention entered the room.

ten was sitting in front of her, while yuta sat next to her and winwin behind her.

"out of all my years as the detention teacher, i've never had this much students in my life before. i usually only get like 3 a day but this is disappointing." the teacher sighed.

"i will call your names and say present if you're here."

"chittaphon leechai....."

"yes, ten is present." ten rolled his eyes.

"dong sicheng."

"present." winwin raised his hand.

"jung yoonoh."

"present."

y/n glanced at him and he was sitting in the first row.

"kim dongyoung."

the name sounded familiar to y/n but where did she hear it?

"present."

the voice.

she knew who it belonged to.

"doyoung? i never knew he went to this school."
she thought and could see his back from where she was sitting.

"lee donghyuk."

"present!" the boy said in an excited tone.

y/n recognized that voice as well.

"haechan?"
she wondered.

"lee mark."

"present."

"isn't this your first day here?" the teacher asked and the boy nodded.

the teacher shook his head and continued on with attendance.

"lee taeyong."

"present." he said in an annoyed voice.

"moon taeil."

"present, sir."

"nakamoto yuta."

"right here." the japanese boy raised his hand.

"and park y/n."

at the mention of her name,
all the boys other than yuta, ten, or winwin looked back and looked at her.

"present."
y/n replied in a calm and composed tone.

"since all of you are here, i will leave you here since i have other work to do. there is absolutely no talking and i'll be back in 3 hours. meanwhile you can work on your school work." the teacher packed his work and got ready to leave.

he glared at the boys before exiting the door.

*****

there was an awkward silence for about 10 minutes but yuta broke it.

"y/n, can you help me with my math homework?" he moved his desk so that it was touching her desk.

y/n was already working on her assignments while the others just sat in silence.

"i need help too." winwin said shyly as he tapped on y/n's shoulder.

"alright. i'll help you both." a small smile appeared on the girl's lips.

ten joined them as well and soon their desks were arranged in a group of 4.

as they were working, someone called y/n.

"y/n noona?" it was dong hyuk, whom y/n recognized as haechan.

"oh hey, haechan. i didn't know you attended this school." she waved.

"how's jisung?" he asked across the room.

"he's doing great." y/n didn't realize she was speaking louder than she usually does.

"little boy. can you not bother us. as you can see we're trying to do our work." ten told haechan off.

"this is detention. we're not even supposed to be talking." jaehyun reminded them.

"leave them be, jaehyun." taeyong said as he glared at ten who gladly returned the favor.

just then, mark stood up and walked over to where y/n was sitting.

she didn't notice as she was busy explaining to winwin how to solve an equation.

"you have to multiply first. like this" she showed him while he was smiling as he stared at her face.

"what's wrong? is there something on my face?" y/n touched her cheek.

"y/n." mark called startling her.

"who are you?" yuta asked the younher boy.

y/n looked up to see a smiling mark and she looked at him perplexed.

"i'm sorry, but who are you?" the words caused mark to look hurt.

"it's been 10 years after all so you probably forgot about me. it's me, lee min hyung. mark is my english name."

"lee min hyung...." y/n's voice trailed off.

"i'm sorry, i don't remember." y/n touched her head.

"noona got into a car accident and lost some of her memories." haechan walked over.

"really?!" mark asked in bewilderment.

"i'm sorry. i can't remember some events that happened 10 years ago."
said y/n as her head hung lowly.

"if that's the case then, i have no choice but to help you remember. we were best childhood friends after all." mark declared giving the other boys a dirty look.

"sorry, mark but i think i'm her childhood friend." taeil spoke up causing everyone to look his direction.

"hyung? you know y/n?" mark questioned.

"yes, but i'm not sure if she remembers me either since the last time we talked was 10 years ago also."
taeil explained.

"i remember moon taeil. we used to take vocal lessons together but i stopped going when my parents passed away...." y/n said sadness audible in her voice.

"what a surprise. who knew there were so many boys who knew you." taeyong commented.

"i'm sorry. excuse me for a moment." y/n left the classroom.

their were tears falling from her eyes.

"y/n!" yuta called but she ignored him.

she just wanted to get out there and be alone.

oh no! why is y/n crying?