6.4

the next day.

y/n still hadn't woken up after fainting the day before. her grandma visited alone as jisung and the others had to go back to school.

entering the room, y/n's grandma's heart sank when she saw the sick look on y/n's youthful face. her eyes were closed, and she was hooked up to an iv, with a blanket over her.

"it's my fault." the woman said quietly, touching her granddaughter's hand. her hands were still warm, and the red marks from being chained were slowly disappearing.

"i promised your parents to protect you but now look at you. why won't you wake up?"

"just as you were becoming more sociable, he had to ruin everything. i don't blame him though, he only wanted to be loved."

she talked to the girl as if she was awake and listening.

"you have so many people waiting for you to wake up. are you going to leave them?" she asked, referring to the male companions of yours.

*****
meanwhile at school, none of the males could concentrate on their work. they kept thinking about the girl who had been through such tragedies that she wouldn't wake up unless she could accept them.

haechan stared at the photo of you that he'd captured when you were in detention. he was still trying to figure out whether to tell you his feelings or not. after finding out that you dated a girl, he worried about how you would view him since he was not only younger but male as well. knowing your past, he was still stunned but his view of you didn't change. in fact, he wanted to cherish you even more.

mark felt the same way. while he was happy you remembered him, he was disappointed because it caused you to be in the state you are in right now. he wondered if he did you wrong in any way or not but the only thing he could think of was when he left for canada, he never told you.

y/n actually had a crush on mark but once he left, she held a grudge against him for not even saying goodbye. it was after he left that her parents revealed that park chanyeol, the boy whom she liked before meeting mark, was her own brother.

y/n was already depressed her best friend left her, once she knew her former crush was blood related, she didn't want to face anyone.

she felt extremely guilty and embarrassed, to think she liked her brother and when he kissed her, her self-blame worsened. it was as if she "cheated" on mark even though they weren't even together. she was only 13 at the time, so she knew about sex and adult stuff.

after the accident, y/n was badly injured and suffered from depression. she wanted to forget everything.

with repression, her mind unconsciously buried the painful truth of chanyeol and mark deep down, not wanting to remember them.