CHAPTER 1 - ALVES & TORRENTICE

KINGDOM OF ALVES

(In 1430s)

The crowning of King Matthew Verdirosi brought about many drastic changes in the Kingdom of Alves. The kingdom which had bloomed all this while and was on the peak of the era, now began to decay.

King Matthew changed many rules and regulations of the kingdom, which resulted in Alves becoming an orthodox society. The rules and regulations were one sided and unequal in all terms. The new rules forced restrictions and gave irrelevant rights to men over women.

Women began to be treated as escorts. The right to education, freedom, speech, expression were denied to them. They became toys in the hands of men, who would rather trade them than dignify them.

The role of women was restricted to their households only. Their sole purpose of living seemed only to please their husbands, even if that meant turning a blind eye towards the multiple affairs of their husbands.

The only time when women were treated as 'wives should be' by the men was during social gatherings, with the sole motive of showing off 'their ladies' as if they were trophies and awards won by them. Other times, a man would happily trade his wife even to a complete stranger.

The deal was simple, the lady would spend some nights with the stranger in exchange of gold, silver or jewellery, whatever the husband wanted. The ladies had no option, the new rules compelled them to accept their husbands as their lords, who had the right of ownership of their wives.

(In 1455)

At the time of crowning of Vladmir Verdirosi, son of King Matthew, one more tradition had started of 'body showing' . It was believed, the more scarcely the women dressed, the more beautiful and attractive she was, especially during social gathering and events.

With the start of this tradition the women no longer had the freedom to choose their own clothes. They had to wear those clothes which the society wanted them to, which the 'men' wanted them to.

(In 1460s)

Around this time, Queen Victoria gave birth to the first son of King Vladmir- Nathaniel Verdirosi. The Queen died three weeks later due to inadequate medication facility during the post pregnancy period. When Nathaniel was just an year old toddler, the King remarried and made Princess of Fearnley, Rosalind his wife. Two years later, Queen Rosalind gave birth to a healthy baby boy. The younger prince was named Alfredo Verdirosi. With the birth of Alfredo and Nathanial, a new chapter in history was ready to be written...
________________________________________________________________________

KINGDOM OF TORRENTICE

The Ardimentoso of Oceans, i.e., the Kingdom Of Torrentice, had greatly strengthened itself in terms of wealth, military and above all outlook. At a time when women were treated like the dirt of a man's foot, in this kingdom they were given the right to education and freedom to wear what they wished to.

Even though equality was still a bud to be blossomed, the condition of women of Torrentice was far better than that in Alves. A woman was treated like a human being, not like a property to be sold and bought. Her choice was respected, she could wear whatever she wanted to.

The world of Torrents (citizens of Torrentice) may not be filled with rainbows and unicorns but it was indeed filled with values, life and above all hope. Hope to perish all injustices, hope to stand shoulder to shoulder with men, hope to be recognized for whom they are, finally hope to fly above and far from the hells created by none other than some mere narcissist men.

All this lead to torrents being known for their rich culture and values all over Europe. The number of praises were equal to the number of oppositions of the people. Nevertheless the kingdom blossomed into what a true 'Ardimentoso' was expected to.

******************************************************************************************

So, this was how Kingdom of Alves & Kingdom of Torrentice, were not only two different kingdoms, but, two different societies with a major difference in their thinking and outlook. It must be so difficult for women living in Alves, don't you think so?

Don't hesitate to give suggestions, edits.

Till next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)