CHAPTER 49 : HORSES

Recap -

Princess Admiranda has arrived at the Mystic Falls. Meanwhile Marina also received a letter from Ally and Lucio.

At present in the Mystic Falls :

It had been three days, seventy two hours and 259200 seconds since Princess Snow White, better known as Princess Admiranda had barged into Marina's life.Since that day they hadn't been a single time Nathan and her weren't together. Sometimes walking in the garden, sometimes stalling in the palace, heck, Nathan even offered Princess Admiranda to show the Kingdom of Mystical Falls, which he still hadn't shown Marina.

There was more to it, Nathan still avoided Marina like plague and with Princess Admiranda's arrival, it just worsened.

Marina walked around the castle with Brialle. She had received another letter from Ally and Lucio that said due to bad weather conditions, their return would be delayed by almost four to five days.

Marina was busy in her thoughts when Brialle suddenly sprang into action. Marina quickly ran after Brialle, who had tackled down Nathan on the floor and was licking his face.

It was then when Marina saw Nathan and Brialle playing together, she realized how Nathan had slowly become such a big part of her life, even Brialle was missing him. She remembered how before sleeping they used to banter or the occasional no sense making teasing. A smile played on Marina's lips as she reminisced the old times.

But, the smile soon turned upside down when Princess Admiranda decided to grace them with their presence.

"Oh my God! Are you alright Nathan?"
Princess Admiranda asked, ignoring Marina's presence.

"I am fine. Brialle just loves playing a lot and I guess we haven't seen each other in days. So, he wanted to play with me for a while," Nathan explained while getting up from the ground.

"So, Nathan, you were going to show me the stables. Shall we go?" Princess Admiranda asked Nathan while batting her white eyelashes as she latched herself onto Nathan's arm.

Much to Marina's shock, Nathan did not even remove Princess Admiranda's hand and instead gave her an apologetic smile.

" I am really sorry but, I have to attend an important royal meeting, Miranda."

"I understand," the grey eyed princess replied, pouting like a kid.

"I am really sorry," Nathan apologized again when his eyes landed on Marina.

Yeah! Hello to you too mate!! Marina thought to herself.

"However, I am sure Princess Marina would love to show you the stables. It will be a great bonding experience for both of you, considering that you'll be seeing each other a lot."

"What? But--"

"Take care of yourself, Miranda. Don't get too close with the horses," Nathan warned the tribal princess as the two hugged, before he walked away.

Marina mentally groaned. She wondered what Nathan meant by saying that she'll be seeing Princess Snow White a lot. She hoped that the Princess would not decided to become a permanent resident of the palace.

Sighing, she looked at Princess Snow White. The more she wanted to avoid problems, the more they chased after her.

"So, to the stable?" Marina asked Princess Admiranda. After all, she was just a curious tribal princess who wanted to see horses, right?

"Sure, but what about the dog?" Princess Admiranda asked Marina.

"He'll come along with us," Marina stated as the two started to go towards the stable.

Marina could swear that she heard Princess Snow White saying something along the lines of 'stupid animals', but decided not to react and instead focused on making sure that Brialle didn't bite the Princess.

The awkward silence was their best companion as the two Princess' entered the stables.

"So, this is Murray, the fastest horse in the royal stable. Isn't he a beautiful black horse?" Marina asked the tribal princess as she slowly brought the horse out from the stable towards the tribal princess.

"Ehh!" the tribal princess screamed in horror when the horse stopped near her, causing Marina to laugh.

"You think this is funny?" Princess Admiranda asked, glaring at Marina.

"Actually it was funny. Since you were the one who wanted to visit the stables and yet you back away from the friendliest horse as a scaredy cat," Marina replied while frowing as she put Murray back into the stable.

"I wanted to come here with Nathan and not you."

"Excuse me?" Marina asked, puzzled by Princess Admiranda's words.

"You are excused. I don't even get why Nathan married like you, who has no femininity. You go around carrying a sword and do horse riding. All the sweaty stuff. No offense, but is there seriously something feminine about you? But, look at me, I have every ounce of feminity, posture and grace. With my grey eyes and platinum blonde hair, it's impossible for anyone not to turn their heads towards me, to miss me," the tribal princess said, bathing herself in her self-proclaimed glory.

"Surely, no one can miss out on a moving white ball," Marina replied, sarcastically, still shocked to hear Princess Admiranda's words.

"What did you say?" the tribal princess screeched.

"What happened?" Nathan asked, frowning as he walked over the princess'.

"Nathan! I am just scared of horses, but Princess Marina doesn't believe how one can be interested in seeing the stables while fearing the horses," Princess Admiranda replied as she hugged Nathan while keeping her head on his chest.

"Mar-Princess Marina not everyone is brave like you. I think you may not know but Miranda has a fear of horses. However, she is an animal lover by heart. You shouldn't be so judgemental."

"I--"

"We are leaving and please refrain from making unnecessary remarks in future. Princess Admiranda is a very special guest and the sooner you realize it the better," Nathan replied, looking at Marina with a swirl of emotions dancing in his eyes.

Marina was shocked to hear Nathan's words. He was calling her judgemental, when he himself didn't hear Marina's side of story and blindly believed his freaking best friend.

When Nathan looked back at Marina, guilt marred his face on seeing Marina's hurt face. But, before he could say a single word Princess Admiranda started to sob. Nathan looked back at Marina and then at Princess Admiranda. His jaw tightened, not wanting to leave the either one alone. But with royal status came the responsibilities and the political relations. His choice had already been made.

"It's okay, Miranda," Nathan said as his body moved forward. The ropes of responsibility and royal politics dragging him while his heart burned with pain.

Oblivious to what was going on in Nathan's mind and heart, Marina helplessly saw as Nathan wrapped his arm around Princess Admiranda's waist. While Princess Snow White returned the gesture by placing her head on Nathan's shoulder. Slowly turning her head, she smirked at Marina as the two exited the stables.

The snow had succeeded this time. It had frozen the wide, playful and calm ocean and taken it's place.

For the first time, Marina felt as if something inside her cracked. She didn't know why she was upset all of a sudden. It's not like Nathan loved her or she loved him either.
************************************************************************
Hello friends!
I am back😁

So, what do you all think of Princess Admiranda? Her relationship with Nathan?

Any advice to Marina?

Hope you liked this chapter 😄

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)