CHAPTER 3 - THE BLESSING

(Two days later after Marina's birth)

"Sofy, where are you? You know we have to leave," King Wilhelm called out to his wife, Queen Sofia Vendler.

It was a ritual in the Kingdom of Torrentice, whenever a child was born in the royal family, within a week the child was to take a tour around the main city of the kingdom, while also getting the blessing of the citizens. Keeping up this tradition was the responsibility of King Wilhelm.

"I am here Your Majesty. Everything's ready including Oliver and Marina," Queen Sofia answered her husband while walking towards him with Marina in her arms and Oliver by her side.

"Good, then let's get inside the carriage. First we will go to the church and then distribute gifts to the poor and needy," King Wilhelm informed his wife while picking up Oliver in his arms.

After everyone sits in the carriage, they straight away go towards their family church, where Marina receives the blessings from the Priest.

(Outside the Church)

"Quickly assemble all the gifts here," Lord George Arcebi ordered the servants.

One by one everyone comes up and blesses the new born child.

"Here please take this and bless my daughter," King Wilhelm asked the person who was dressed rather darkly for the weather and daytime.

The man starts to laugh humorlessly whilst others start murmuring at the disrespect shown by the man to the King.

"Bless who? The one who is already blessed! How can I bless the one with whom he himself stands?" the man asked while raising his arms up as if indicating to the Almighty.

"She has come to change the destiny of this world... She is no ordinary girl, she is that ray of the sun which will sparkle the whole world, guide everyone out of darkness," the man said while picking up his staff and dancing happily, going in a random direction.

Soon, the man disappeared with only his words hanging in the air.

"Destiny has already chosen her, she has come to change the destiny of this world."

"Your Majesty pay no heed to his words, he is a mad man. Let's continue our journey," Lord George Arcebi assured the royal family.

After meeting the citizens and almost going through the whole city. The carriage driver stopped the carriage near the banks of the river Iskra.

"Your Majesty, I apologize for the interruption, but, the horses are way too tired to even move a step. May I have your permission for a five minute halt for the horses to get some rest?" the carriage driver apologetically asked King Wilhelm while crouching down and bowing his head.

"Yes sure, but, five minutes only. We have to get back to the palace before it gets dark," King Wilhelm replied while dismissing the carriage driver.

"Your Majesty!!" Queen Sofia called out to her husband.

"Yes, yes, I am coming. What happened?" King Wilhelm asked his wife while walking towards her.

"See this!!" Queen Sofia pointed towards two identical twins, peacefully lying on the banks with their wide turquoise coloured eyes.

************************************************************
Hello my dear readers!! Sorry I was not able to update yesterday. I had typed half the chapter but somehow I fell asleep in the process.

Coming back to the story, the prophecy has been made. Let's see what happens next. As I have said before, I am always open for suggestions. So, don't hesitate to give one.

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

-Love Addy :)