CHAPTER 15 : THE CONDITIONS

Recap
"Not without me," Someone said rather shouted while barging through the door.
------------------------------------------------------

All heads turned towards the direction of the voice. There at the door, in all his glory stood none other than Prince Oliver himself. His honey brown eyes and hair along with his tall stature clearly radiated the aura of a Prince.

Marina was the first one to react and rushed towards her brother.

"Nice to meet you too, little sis," Prince Oliver said while hugging her sister back.

"Seriously brother you are here, finally. I am so happy!!" Marina squealed like a five year toddler.

"I had to be here, I won't let anyone just marry you, not till I am alive. You are my baby sister, if not today then when will this brother of yours will be of some use to you," Prince Oliver replied while winking at Marina.

"Oliver, we were thinking you would be here, but, this soon wasn't expected. Well, royals of Alves, this is my son, Prince Oliver Vendler, the heir of Torrentice and elder brother of Marina," King Wilhelm announced proudly.

"Why don't you give Prince Oliver and Princess Marina a tour of our castle, Nathaniel? In the mean time, we elders will have a small talk. What do you say King Wilhelm?"

"No, I also want to be a part--"

"Yes sure, Oliver, Marina go with Prince Nathaniel," King Wilhelm ordered while cutting off Oliver midway.

Marina, Anne and Belle followed Nathan, while Prince Oliver walked beside Nathan, grudgingly.
------------------------------------------------------
~Back in the room ~

"So, I know yesterday's event was a great shock not only to you but to everyone. I never expected Nathaniel to do something like this."

That wouldn't have happened if your son, Alfredo didn't trouble my Angel. King Wilhelm thought but decided not to voice out his words.

"But, it's not like we can do anything about it now. What's done cannot be undone. Anyhow the marriage will have to take place," King Vladimir said while grinning.

"And what makes you think that? We never agreed to their marriage. It was all your son's doing and we are not in favour--"

"Favour??" King Vladimir laughed humorlessly.

"You don't have a choice. If you cancel this marriage, it will spoil our kingdoms' reputations."

"More like your kingdom's," King Wilhelm answered back bitterly.

"There's no point in fighting, arguing about it. We both know that the result is inevitable. So why not have this marriage willingly, happily?"

"Yes."

As soon as King Wilhelm agreed, King Vladimir started jumping with joy mentally. He never liked his son and his behavior. But, for the first time his actions were beneficial to him. This marriage would mean a strong alliance between Alves and Torrentice. With Torrentice on their side, Alves was bound to become more rich and powerful.

"But, I have certain conditions."

"Conditions? What kind of conditions?"

"Yes, conditions, three conditions. If you agree with these, then only I will agree to this marriage proposal."

"Hmm... What are the conditions?"

"Firstly and most importantly, even after my daughter's marriage no one will impose restrictions on her. She should have the freedom, she has right now. Freedom to go where she wants to, wear what she wants to, do things her way."

"Secondly, Anne and Belle Schweitzer are going to stay with her in this castle. They should be treated with respect because they are no less precious to me than Marina. Lastly, Marina's pet dog, Brialle, is also going to accompany her."

"That's all?"
"Or anything else?" King Vladimir asked sarcastically.

"Yes, that's all. If you have any problem or can't comply with any of them... Then you know my answer."

After thinking for five to ten minutes and weighing the gains from this marriage with the three conditions, King Vladimir reluctantly agreed to them.

"I hope you won't back off your words. Not like, I don't trust you, but, just in case... please sign this."

King Wilhelm handed over a legal document about King Vladimir agreeing to the three conditions. Grudgingly, King Vladimir signed it.

"Well then, let's start the preparations," King Wilhelm said while taking the document back.

"Yes sure, the marriage will take place in a month--"

"In Torrentice."

"We don't have a problem with the location."

"We will be leaving for Torrentice in two - three days."

"Yes, surely. Till then please enjoy your time here."

************************************************************
Hello my dear readers!!

So, what do you think of the conditions put forward by King Wilhelm (Marina's dad)? Ain't he an intelligent man?

Please do tell me your views about it.

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to my beautiful readers @howtheriverruns ,
@Xangelbridex and @heroic_damsel. Thank you so much for your support💕😉