CHAPTER 51: CONFLICTS & CONFESSIONS (PART 3)

Chapter 51 : Part 3 - CONFESSIONS!

Recap -

In the past two chapters, Nathan and Marina had finally confessed their love to each other. It turned out that Princess Admiranda was not a villain but a Cupid, who decided to spoil her own reputation in the process of match making.

At Present : In the mansion (Continued)

After Nathan and Marina reached the mansion, the two had a candle lit dinner in the open garden area, that Nathan had beautifully decorated with lanterns and candles. Who knew Nathan had the ability to do all this.

Currently, Marina and Nathan were laying down in their bed. But, here's the twist. This room had a glass ceiling, meaning anyone inside the room could relax in the symphony of the dazzling stars and blooming night.

"This is so beautiful," Marina remarked, looking at the huge galaxy of stars.

Marina had rested her head on Nathan's shoulder while the latter had clasped Marina's hand.

"I know, though beautiful is a small word to describe such angelic, alluring grace and charm," Nathan said, before planting a kiss on Marina's cheek.

Marina blushed profusely, but still managed to croak a reply, "I was talking about the night sky."

"Not my fault, you're always on my mind, Princess," Nathan answered with a smirk playing on his lips.

"Smooth," Marina muttered, her cheeks reddening.

Nathan chuckled on hearing Marina's reply as his hand started to slowly rub and trace Marina's fingers.

"The ring looks beautiful on you, Princess--"

"Why do you always call me Princess? It seems way too formal and you didn't mind calling Princess Admiranda - Miranda," Marina muttered the last part to herself. However, Nathan had heard it causing him to smirk at Marina's jealousy.

"Are you perhaps still feeling insecure of Princess Admiranda?" Nathan asked, his eyes shining with mischief.

"No, why would I? I just asked a normal question. Since, we are a married couple, I don't think we need to use the title while referring to each other," Marina replied, her inner being well aware of the fact that she was indeed jealous.

"Whatever, you say, amore (love)."

"Amore?"

"Your new nickname, mio amoto (my beloved)," Nathan replied, his eyes momentarily going back to Marina's engagement ring.

"Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did, amore," Nathan replied with a smirk.

Marina not so gently nudged her elbow in Nathan's chest.

"I meant, yes, ask whatever you want, amore."

"How, I mean, why did have this ring with you on the day of the royal ball? It's clearly a woman's ring, so why would you..." Marina's voice trailed as her inner voice decided to make an entrance.

Unless he planned to propose to someone else and you ruined it all.

You are just being an insecure woman!

I am a part of you. So, say that to yourself!

Ignoring her inner voice, Marina looked at Nathan, who had closed his eyes. Just when Marina started to blame herself for spoiling their moment, Nathan's voice interrupted her.