CHAPTER 7 - I AM A TRADER

Recap

"We took a wrong turn, we will be catching up with them in no time... Just let me fix this wheel. It will take five minutes, I sincerely apologize for the fault, Your Highness," the carriage driver said while getting into action.

"It's okay," Marina replied.
____________________________________

Just then a sound of "CLICK - CLOP, CLICK - CLOP" is heard. The carriage driver being the servant of royal family quickly understood that it was the sound of the horses' approach.

"But why would so many horses be roaming here in the forest unless someone from royal family?"

The carriage driver's mind began to run at a fast speed.

"A royal in forest of Alves?  Definitely some royal from Alves. I have to hurry before they see Princess," thinking this the carriage driver quickly removed the flag of  Torrentice and asked the Princess to hide somewhere.

The Princess though reluctant at first, eventually agreed to hide behind some trees. Peeping from behind the tress, Marina silently observed the commotion.

"Wait!! Who are you? What are you doing in my kingdom?"

"My kingdom? He must be someone from royal family but then why was I asked to hide from him?" Marina wondered.

"I am a local trader, my Lord. My carriage's wheel got loose, I was just repairing it. Please forgive me my Lord, Your Highness, I swear I don't want to--"

"It's okay, just don't roam here and there like that or next time I won't be so kind."

"What an arrogant bastard!" Marina said to herself while all the time hiding behind the trees.

"Yes, yes, Your Highness I-"

Just then the sound of rustling was heard from nearby bushes and trees. Suspecting someone 'Your Highness' decided to go and check behind the tree. However, he found no one, except some squirrels jumping from one branch to the other.

"Let's go, there's nothing here." With that, all the soldiers left and disappeared into the forest.

The carriage driver sighed heavily.

"Thank God, he did not find the Princess. But if Princess is not there... where is she?"

(On the other side)

"Mmh.. Uh... nuh," Princess Marina tried to free herself from the stranger who had cupped his hand on her mouth and pulled her away just in time.

"Ouch... Damn it. Why did you bite me?" The stranger angrily asked the Princess.

"Then what am I supposed to do? Thank you?"

"Yes."

"How-How dare you? You want me to thank you for holding me hostage?"

"Technically and logically, you should thank me for saving you from Alfredo."

"Alfredo?"

"Yes, Alfredo, Prince Alfredo Verdirosi, the second-in-line to the throne of Alves and the son of King-"

"Okay, okay, I got it. But, why should I fear Prince Alfredo?" Marina asked cutting off the stranger midway.

"You are not from here," the stranger stated.

"No wonder you are not aware of anyone, of the danger and troubles you have here..."

"I don't get it,"Marina replied, interrupting the stranger.

"You don't have to. Who are you by the way? Judging from that flag of Torrentice and your clothes, you are from Torrentice?" The stranger asked Marina while brushing off any dust on his clothes.

"Yes, I am from Torrentice. In fact I am their princess, Princess Marina Vendler... and... who are you?"

"I am... Nathan. Yeah, I am Nathan, just a trader."

"Oh I see. I would have said its nice to meet you had we met in some other circumstances, but not this one. Whatever... thanks Nathan."

"It's okay, I don't care what you think either. I just did, what I thought was right. You are lucky, this time I was here but not everytime you are going to have someone by your side. So, be careful because this is the kingdom of Alves, not your kingdom."

"But-"

"PRINCESS MARINA!! WHERE ARE YOU??" the voice of the carriage driver cuts her off and before she knew the stranger with the most beautiful pair of green eyes and most sharp tongue disappeared.

"Where did-Nathan...ugh!!"

"Princess are you alright? Shall we go?"

"Yes."

"Damn that trader - Nathan, how dare he leave me, a princess, like that?" Marina shouted as soon as the carriage driver was out of earshot.

(A few metres ahead...)
Nathan smirked on hearing Marina's words and rode faster on his horse.

************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
Yes, I am back. El Destino has crossed 50 reads. For some it may not mean much, but it means a lot to me. Thank you all of you for your support and love.

This chapter is dedicated to archfangirl, a great author and friend. Thanks for always being there for me and listening to my rambling ;)

Till the next update, keep shining.
- Love Addy:)