CHAPTER 26: FUZZY WUZZY

"How much more time do they need?" Nathan screams angrily while standing in the balcony.

"Sire, I know, you are worried for Princess Marina. But, trust me, they are trying their best and I am sure she will be fine," Lucca says while putting his hand on Nathan's shoulder to comfort him.

"I hope so..." Nathan murmurs to himself.

"I am sorry to disturb you, Your Majesty, but, I want to tell you that Princess is better now. Her fever has gone down, it is almost nonexistent."

"Why did this happen?" Nathan asked Lord Viterbo, coming inside.

"Princess Marina was drugged, the herb that was used to drug her, was given more than prescribed dose resulting in the  side effects. As a result she had fever, which she has no more now. But, she's still drugged, so, she may not be in her senses right now. We have given her the antidote, but, it will take time before it's effective. The drug had been brought from an apothecary, seeing its strength and effect, because of which it took us time to prepare the antidote," Lord Viterbo answers Nathan, who was sitting beside Marina observing her carefully.

"Now, with your permission, may I take leave?"

"Yes."

"Lucca, where are Ally?"

"*KNOCK, KNOCK*"

"Come in."

"Your...Majesty...how is Marines?" Ally asked in unison while panting. The two had ran at the speed of light as soon as they were conscious from their room.

"She was drugged, but, she will be alright by tomorrow. By the way, who tied you two?" Nathan asks Ally.

"We were following a maid named Charlotte. Anne had confirmed from Princess Catherine that she had not sent any dish for us or Mari-I mean Princess Marina," Belle replied, correcting herself.

"We had followed her to the basement and were about to catch her, when somebody hit us on our heads and after that we don't remember anything," Anne completed Belle's answer.

"But..."

"But?" Nathan asked the twins.

"We think it was Queen Rosalind's doing. Charlotte was her personal maid and now she's missing. When we were crossing her room, even Brialle became ferocious. Though Brialle is a really friendly and loyal dog, Your Majesty," Belle answered, staring at the floor.

"I know, I trust you both," Nathan replied, smiling at Ally.

"You two should rest and treat your wounds," Nathan said while eyeing their red wrists (due to the tied rope) and remembering their head injury.

"Lucca, please escort Ally to their rooms and make sure their injuries are not left uncured," Nathan requested Lucca.

"Yes sire," Lucca answers while leaving with Ally.

Sighing Nathan goes and lays down beside Marina. But, then decides against it and gets up and sits while eyeing a sleeping Marina.

"Queen Rosalind will have to pay for every bit of it," Nathan says angrily through gritted teeth.

Marina stirs and slowly her eyes open. Her vision was blurred, but, she knew that the person holding her hand was Nathan. She sits up with the support of the bed, her head seemed very light and for some reason she couldn't think straight. Nathan was lost in his thought, but, Marina's giggles brought him back to reality.

"Marina, you are awake. How are you feeling and why are you laughing?" Nathan asks while frowning.

"You had such a weird expression."