CHAPTER 6 - FAR AWAY

(Torrentice...)

"Oh God!! Why am I stuck here? This is so... so... monotonous? Yeah that's it, sitting in a royal carriage that just keeps on going and on is pretty monotonous and tiring," Princess Marina grumbled to herself while looking out from her carriage window at the seamless, endless lines of trees.

"So, why am I stuck here? My presence in Alves is as it is going to be invisible..." Marina groaned in frustration.

(Flashback starts)

"Marina!! Marina!! Marines?? Where are you?" Queen Sofia called out to her daughter while frantically searching for her daughter.

"I am here mom!!" Princess Marina replied while frowning at the mess created by her dog.

"Finally, I foun-What is all this mess?"

"No need to scream mom, it's all Brialle's doing. By the time I came back, he did all this," Marina explained to her mother, sighing in frustration.

"Oh-um-okay, fine, I get it. So Marina, I and your dad are going to Kingdom of Alves."

"Oh that's great, have a safe, nice trip to Kingdom of Alves. Isn't that Ardimentoso of Peaks? Enjoy your time there and don't worry about me I will try not to miss you much," Marina said while doing an internal happy dance.

"Yes, Alves is an Ardimentoso, Ardimentoso of Peaks and you will not have to miss us because you are coming with us."

"I see... wait... what? I am coming with you?"

"Yes but--"

"Oh that's also good. Even though I would have loved to live a few days without your surveillance. But, nonetheless, it's going to be good to visit Alves, that's the only Ardimentoso I have yet to visit."

"You are going with us. But, you will not be meeting the royal family of Alves and you are not going to the ball either."

"Then why are you taking the pain of taking me along with you," Marina replied sarcastically.

"That Anne and Belle will explain." Not waiting for Marina's reply Queen Sofia walked out while Marina rolled her eyes and cursed her destiny.

"You know cursing won't get you anywhere. Plus, its highly ill-mannered," Belle scolded Marina while the latter just scowled.

"You and your virtues," both Anne and Marina said in unison and then high - fived each other while Belle just rolled her eyes at her sisters' childish behaviour.

"So, why am I going to Alves when my visit is to be kept a high profile secret? Why can't I just stay here? At least you two will be with me," Marina said while helping Anne and Belle clean up Brialle's mess.

"We are not accompanying you--"

"Why?" Marina asked Anne, cutting her off midway.

"Because we are going to stay back and help Prince Oliver. There's a situation of revolt, an uprising, by the opposition so we are staying back to deal this situation--"

"Why can't I also--"

"Do not cut me off Princess," Belle said in a serious tone.

"You can't stay here from security point of view. Not like I am doubting you or your skill, but we don't know how many traitors we have. That's why it's better for you to be with Your Majesty, you will be more safe. As for your visit being a secret it is due to the ill-reputation Alves has."

"I don't get it, what do you mean?"

"You will understand what Belle means once you pay a visit to Alves, you have no option Marines. We wish you a safe trip, be back soon..."

(Flashback ends)

"Visit my foot!!"

Just then the carriage wheel git out of place, probably due to stone and the carriage lost its balance.

"W-o-a-hh..." Marina screamed as the carriage driver finally took the control of the carriage and brought it to a halt.

"Are you alright, Your Highness?" The old carriage driver asked the Princess worriedly.

"Yes, I am fine. What happened? Where are the others?" Marina said while stepping out from her carriage and looking for the soldiers.

"We took a wrong turn, we will be catching up with them in no time, just let me fix this wheel. It will take five minutes, I sincerely apologize for the fault, Your Highness," the carriage driver said while getting into action at once.

"It's okay."

************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
Thank you for all your support. It's because of all of you that 'El Destino' is on 25th rank in historical fiction!!😘😘

Till the next update, keep shining.
- Love Addy :)