CHAPTER 8 - ALVES IS NOT FOR YOU

"Mom!! Mom!! You can't do this to me!!"

"I can and I am doing this," Queen Sofia scolded her daughter, Marina.

"I already told you, you are not going anywhere."

"In other words, I am on house arrest," Marina replied angrily.

"Think whatever you want Marines... I could care less about it when compared to your safety."

"I am not a child for God sake, Mom!!"

By that time, her mother had already left her and gone to God knows where.

"That is why I did not want to come here! That is why I wanted Ally and Brialle to be here!!"
Marina said while roaming furiously in her room.

"But when did I say, I will listen to all this."

An evil smile graced her face as her mind formed a perfect escape plan.

Princess Marina quickly removed most of her ornaments and draped a black cloth over her head and clothes. Then quietly and quickly went towards the hidden exit at the back of the guest house ( in which she and her family were staying) and ran away, before any guard or soldier could even notice her.

"Finally... I am out of that... prison like guest house," Marina said to herself while gasping for air.

"This hill is so beautiful, even though it's not very high. Still it's much better than those four walls."

"Neigh - neigh, click - clop, click - clop."

"A horse's sound? What is a horse doing here?" Marina wondered while trying to trace the direction of the sound.

"Wow, such a beautiful white horse. What are you doing here, my friend?" Marina said while raising her hands to pat the horse.

"Don't," Nathan appeared out of nowhere and pulled Marina back before the horse could crumble her below his feet.

"He is not used to strangers and can be very dangerous on seeing one."

"This is your horse...?"

Nathan nodded and went to the horse to calm it down.

Suddenly realization hit Marina.

"YOU!! Not you again."

"Shouldn't that be my line? Why are you here here that to in this condition?" Nathan asked while not sparing a single glance to Marina. As for Marina, she simply removed her black cloth. Well, Nathan as it is knew her identity so what was the use of it?

"I just wanted to roam around and see this kingdom. After all, you dont-"

"This kingdom is not a carnival which you want to see," Nathan remarked, rolling his eyes.

Princess Marina stomped her boots and goes off into the opposite direction only to have Nathan follow her.

"You don't need to follow me."

"I need to cause, firstly, you don't know the way around. Secondly, you are the lost one here--"

"How can you--"

"I am not finished Princess."
Marina grumpily shut her mouth.

"And lastly, it's for your betterment to go back because its Alves, not your kingdom."

"I am fed up with 'this is for your betterment' crap," Marina exclaimed, throwing her hands in exasperation.

"Because it's not crap, Alves is not for you. In fact it's not the best place for any woman," Nathan replied while frowning.

"I-I don't get it."

"You have to get it. Kingdom of Alves is the total opposite of what Kingdom of Torrentice is. Torrents and Alvites have a different outlook, very different outlook, especially when it comes onto--"

"Women."

"Yeah, unlike Torrentice, Alves does not believe in the capability of women."

Marina wrinkled her nose in disgust on hearing this.

"Don't look at me like that. I am talking about the general thinking of Alvites, not me."

"You are an Alvite too?"

"Yes, but I am different, I am not an ordinary Alvite, I am a ro-ryon fabric trader."

"Whatever, you are an Alvite. But, I don't think it's the right way to treat women, girls like that. The King should do something about it."

"It's easier said than done. I agree it's not the right way to treat women and the king should do something about it. But... what will he do? Everyone - every man loves the domination, the easy fulfillment of their lewd desires-"

"That's all bullshit, if you want a change, you have to be the change."

"You cannot say so without listening to me. Even if the king  tries to change the rules, norms, the society won't accept it!! The king will be eventually overthrown and the other king will continue the same sys--"

"This is not what I was saying. I understand that king has issues, my father is a king himself. But, why will the king be overthrown if he has loyal subjects? If he is well connected to his people, citizens? Remember, the journey of a thousand miles starts from a single step."

Nathan looked at Marina with an expression of awe and surprise, the problem had been disturbing him since years and finally he got the solution.

"Did ox caught your tongue?"

"Huh... what? No, I mean no, I was just thinking."

"Whatever."

"You should go back, its getting dark and-"

"And why do you think I would listen to you?"

"Because, if you don't, I am going to report about this elopement plan of yours to your parents," Nathan smirked, while sitting on his horse.

"No you- AAHH!!"

"Shut up!! I am not kidnapping you, just helping you ou--"

"How is making me sit on the horse with you--" Marina stopped when she realized the proximity between them, just a slight nod and their lips would meet.

She backed away and struggled to go down but Nathan started riding fast, making Marina fall back on his chest.

Nathan smirked on seeing the blue eyed Princess blush at their proximity and rode even faster, to get her back to her safe world and to drive her away from Alves, from the dangers of Alves. ************************************************************
Hello dear readers, I am back!!
Both Nathan and Marina have their share of mischief, don't you think so?

I want to inform you all that my school starts from tomorrow and I might not be able to update frequently. So, from now on, updates on Sunday, though I will try to update sooner.

Till the next update keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)