CHAPTER 51 : CONFLICTS & CONFESSIONS (PART 1)

Chapter 51: Part 1 - Conflicts!

(A/N - The much awaited Chapter 51 starts!!!)

Recap -

Marina gets to know about Nathan and Admiranda's marriage, at the same time, she realizes her own feelings for Nathan.

(At present)

[Mystic Falls, Palace,Alves ]

Next day, Marina refused to go out of her room. She laid out on her bed cuddled with her favourite friend - Brialle. She felt physically and emotionally exhausted, even though all she had done was lay down on a bed.

After much insistence and pressure Marina told Alicia all that had happened. Alicia went from happy to sad to angry to insane. All of it in a fraction of ten minutes.

"I am going to kill her. Princess or not, no one talks to my friends like that. She messed with the wrong people," Alicia said, grabbing her bow and arrow.

"Woah, slown down, royal huntress. You are not going anywhere," Marina replied, standing in front of Alicia.

"I-I just thought it was all a mere rumor."

"Rumor? About what?" Marina asked, dragging Alicia to sit on the bed.

"About their marriage," Alicia replied, sadly.

"It's okay, Alicia. I'm sure many women get their heart broken, have unrequited love. Just add me to that list too," Marina said with her best fake smile, but Alicia could see through it.

"*Knock, Knock*"

"Come in," Marina answered.

A servant came in with a letter. On further enquiry, it turned out to be a letter from Nathan. Marina find the servant and took the letter.

Dear Princess,
I know I haven't been at my best behavior since past few days. But everything has been happening so quickly that I barely got time to understand it. I want to tell you something, I know it's a bit sudden. But, I guess it would be better if you get to know about it from me than someone else. A carriage would take you in the evening to me. Hopefully you will come.

Your friend,
Nathan.

"He wants to tell me about his marriage with Princess Admiranda," Marina said, her eyes devoid of emotions.

"He asked me to meet him in the evening."

"So are you going?"

"Maybe."

"I think you should meet Prince Nathaniel and show that you are in affected by his decisions."

Except, I am. Marina thought to herself.

"Okay," Marina replied, about to lay down on the bed.

"What are you doing?"

"I am about to take a nap," Marina answered with a frown marring her face.

"No. We have to get you ready decide your dress, hairstyle, hearings. Choose other accessories and a bit of touch up here and there," Alicia said, pacing up and down in the room.

"What-Why?"

"We will show Prince Nathaniel what he is going to miss by marrying Princess Snow White," Alicia replied, chuckling evilly.

Marina visibly swallowed and was about to protest. But, then decided against it. Her mother always told her that confidence comes from within, but a perfect attire can do wonders in a confidence crisis. Sighing, Marina agreed to Alicia's crazy plan.