CHAPTER 19 : TICKLING

Recap-

"Good night Belle, Brialle," Marina says to the retreating figures.
------------------------------------------------------

Marina was already dressed in her night gown and as the situation seemed she had plenty of time to kill because there was no sign of Nathan. Totally bored, Marina takes out a random book from the bookshelf and starts to read it.

She had finished half of the book when she heard the door open and her husband finally came. After a few minutes, Nathan comes back from the wardrobe room, changing from his royal clothes to a white shirt and black loose trousers.

Not daring to move her eyes from her book, Marina felt the other side of the bed dip. She looks up to see Nathan sitting, but the problem was that he caught her looking.

She turned her gaze down, big mistake because now she got the view of Nathan's muscles and abs. The shirt Nathan was wearing was almost transparent, Marina could easily see through it.

"Like what you see Princess?" Nathan asks while smirking.

"No, I was not checking you out," Marina says slight blush creeping on her cheeks.

"Wait...I never said you were checking me out. I was talking about the book, you are reading or were reading."

Marina's cheeks turn into a deeper shade of red. While Nathan had a hearty laugh at Marina's expense.

"You know you can shut up now," Marina says throwing daggers at Nathan, through her eyes.

"Only if you say the golden word."

"The golden word?"

"Don't tell me you don't know the three golden words?"

"You mean thank you, sorry and..."

"And?"

"I am not going to request you."

"Well then I guess we have a whole night to chat, bicker and laugh."

Marina groans at the idea of bearing Nathan whole night and after listening to Nathan's rambling for fifteen minutes, gives up.

"Stop talking and go to sleep."

Nathan raises his one eyebrow and through gritted teeth Marina finally says, "Please."

"You should have said that earlier and make things so simpler for us. It was so simple-"

Anger takes control of Marina as she launches herself towards Nathan, tickling him hard and successfully cutting him off in the process.

But, what she forgot were...many things. Nathan was taller, stronger and Marina was very tired too. Well, this turned the tables around and Marina was caged. Nathan had flipped her on the bed, so, now he was on top of her, pinning both her arms on the top of her head with a single arm.

"You know princess, payback is a b!tch," Nathan whispers in Marina's ears before starting his tickling session.

~15 minutes later~

"I am tired," Nathan says as the two lay on the bed.

"All you did was tickle me, I should be tired with all that tickling, not the other way round," Marina says glaring at Nathan.

"But, seriously, just how much strong are you?" Marina says wandering out aloud.

"Enough to protect you."

Marina looks at Nathan who simply smiles at her. Not knowing how to lessen the awkwardness, Marina blurts out the first thing that came to her mind.

"You are not sleeping on this bed."

"Why? Technically it is my bed. If you have a problem with it then you should sleep somewhere else. I am not moving from here."

"No it is my bed too. Remember, one of the vows of our marriage, what is yours is mine."

"And what is yours is mine too. My dear princess, did you forget the other part of it?" Nathan says while smirking.

"And ladies and gentlemen, this is how you get caught in your own words," Marina's inner voice mocks her.

"Fine, let's sleep," Marina shouts ignoring her inner voice while edging herself to one side of the bed and burrowing her  head inside the comforter.

"As you say, princess. Sweet dreams."

"What about the talk?" Marina asks herself while peeking at Nathan's now sleeping form.

"Good night, Nathan," Marina whispers to Nathan while smiling at Nathan's sleeping face as the darkness engulfed her.

************************************************************
Hey guys!! I am back 🙋, as promised with an update😉.

So, what did you think of this chapter? Most importantly about Maran?

I am looking forward towards your comments and ideas.

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. this chapter is dedicated to a good friend and reader StorybookHorror. Thank you for your support.😊