CHAPTER 50 : BEING IN LOVE CAN BE HELL OR HEAVEN.

Recap -

For the first time Marina felt as if something inside her cracked. She didn't know why she was upset all of a sudden. It's not like Nathan loved her or she loved him.

In the royal palace of Mystic Falls at the stables -

"You alright?" a concerned looking Alicia, asked Marina while entering the stables.

"Yeah," Marina replied, still lost in her thoughts.

Clearing her throat, Alicia sat beside Marina.

"I got a letter from Jake. He wrote to me that they have successfully crushed the revolt."

"Alicia, can I ask you something?" Marina replied, looking at Alicia.

"Sure."

"Why did you fall in love with Jake when you two hated each other initially?"

"Wow, that's so sudden--"

"You don't have to answer it if you feel uncomfortable--"

"No, it's not about me feeling uncomfortable. I was just shocked to hear you ask about it. Back to your question. Actually, love is a very deep emotion. It is a feeling that no one has control on. We can't control our heart, who we want to fall in love with or when we want to fall in love. It just happens on its own and before you realize what's happening, you are already drunk in love," Alicia replied, smiling at her friend.

"How did you realize you were in love?" Marina asked the question hesitantly.

She didn't know why she wanted to talk about love of all topics. But all her curiosity was being channelled through these questions.

"I guess it starts from small things, little gestures, how the other person treats you, understands you and it slowly escalates to acknowledging each other's absence more than their presence. Feeling emotional over petty fights and words. Yet, wanting to connect back so badly to the other person," Alicia replied, her mind reminiscing the memories of Jake and her conversations.

"Thinking about your loved ones welfare more than you think about your own happiness. The realization of being in love is different for everyone, Marina. For me, it was when I thought Jake would never return back alive from a battle," Alicia replied, grimacing at the flood of painful memories.

"I see," Marina asked, though she wasn't able to fanthom a single word.

"If you ask me, I think you are in love with Prince Nathaniel," Alicia remarked.

"W-What? Why would you even ponder over such a ridiculous and hypothetical situation?" Marina protested as her cheeks betrayed her.

"Hmm... How about I ask you simple questions that you have to reply in all honesty?"

"Fine. But how is this related--"

"What are your views about Princess Admiranda?" Alicia asked, cutting off Marina midway.

"I... I think she is not who she claims to be. In front of Nathan, she's all so sweet and innocent and behind his back she seems to be just the opposite."

"What about her relationship with Prince Nathaniel?"

Marina frowned, thinking for a moment, before answering Alicia.

"I don't have any problems with them being childhood friends. But I'll be honest, I don't like how Princess Admiranda thinks of Nathan as a candy or something that she always needs to hold onto. I mean I just feel that she doesn't want me and Nathan to talk or even look at each other."