CHAPTER 41: JEALOUSY

Summary of the past events:

Marina, Nathan, Ally and Lucio set out for Mystic falls from Silvette, the main city of Alves. On the way, while resting in the forest, Marina saves a boy - Christopher Esposito from falling down a cliff. Christopher takes Marina, Ally, Nathan and Lucio to his homeland, Benedizione, a hidden land. It turns out the head of the land, Carl Esposito is the son of Xavier Esposito, the royal knight who was banished from Alves by Nathan's grandfather. Carl, angry with the treatment given to his family orders Nathan and others to be imprisoned.

But, Marina's presence saves them. Carl and his family owes a lot to Marina's family, since they were the ones who helped them set up Benedizione. So, Nathan and others are not imprisoned in a cell, but bounded to stay in Benedizione till Carl believes that Nathan's not going to backstab and reveal their hidden land.

While Marina and her companions tour Benedizione. Marina jumps into a river to save a little girl from drowning, but ends up drowning herself. However, Lucio, the eldest son of Carl Esposito saves her. Later, Marina challenges Lucio to a duel, which if she won would give her and her companions, the right to leave Bendizione instantly.

As it turns out, Marina wins not only the duel, but her long lost best friend Lui. Yes, Lucio is Lui, Marina's childhood best friend. Lucio goes to talk to his father about Marina and her companions leaving Benedizione while Marina wonders how she will go back to her room.

(A/N : I thought I should brief you all about the recent events as I am updating after about 25 days. Suggestion of SakinaNasir5253. Thanks girl!!)

*Chapter 40 - Jealousy*

Marina sat on one of the benches in the training room, clearly exhausted by the duel, but, still she felt light and happy for many reasons. Well, firstly, because she won. Secondly, she met her childhood best friend - Lui and lastly, she loved to do sword fighting.

Back in Torrentice too, she would spend hours in training room, perfecting every move, every jump and thrust. Sighing, Marina got up, only go stumble and fall back on the bench.

"Great, now I have a damn sprain because my delicate legs, cannot handle falling on the ground thrice," Marina thought rolling her eyes.

"I need to do more workouts, I am already losing my speed and power," Marina said aloud while trying to get up.

Finally, she walked, more like wobbled with the speed of a turtle. After walking a few metres, the most dreaded part of "Marina's adventures from training room to bedroom" came the stairs.

"Now, how the hell am I supposed to climb this mountain?" Marina asked herself looking at the endless stairs and then at her poor leg.

"It's not a mountain, it's called a staircase," Marina's inner voice replied.

"Oh really? Wow, I didn't know that," Marina answered sarcastically.

"Then be thankful, that you have a genius inner voice."

"I can't believe you, my inner voice, just called itself genius."

"I can't believe you are wasting my time, arguing with me. I am going, bye!"