CHAPTER 38 : MESSAGGERI DI DIO

Marina woke up next morning feeling fresh, all traces of tiredness had vanished. After her little nap or better rest yesterday, she had met Carl, who too like Lucio had thanked her for helping the little girl. However, he was still adamant on not letting them leave Benedizione.

Sighing, Marina got up and went off to take bath. When she was ready, she sat on the bed eyeing Nathan's sleeping form. His eyebrows were creased together forming a frown. Marina tried to sooth them by gently running her fingers over them. Immediately, Nathan's eyebrows relaxed but his eyes popped open, staring at Marina.

"Good morning," Nathan replied his voice husky due to sleep.

"Morning," Marina replied.

"You know princess, it's not very good to check out a sleeping person," Nathan remarked while stretching his arms as his muscles visibly flexed catching Marina's eyes.

"I was not checking you out."

"Oh, so you were," Nathan smirked on seeing Marina's blushing face.

"I was not," Marina huffed in annoyance.

"Whatever my princess wants," Nathan replied while smirking as he went off to bathe.

After Nathan was ready, the two together went to the dining room for breakfast where Lucca, Ally, Christopher, Lucio and their parents were present as well.

With the short greetings, the breakfast continued. The atmosphere was still layered with tension because Carl still did not like Nathan, owing to his family's history.

After breakfast Nathan and Lucca follow Lucio and Carl to have some talk. While Ally and Marina decided to go on an exploration trip of the Esposito House. After roaming around in the palace, Marina and Ally somehow ended up in the garden, looking at the variety of flowers and evenly lined flower beds.

"I am tired," Belle said while sitting on the soft grass.

"Me too," Anne replied, sitting on the floor and pulling Marina down too.

"You two are aging."

"We are aging?" the twins asked in shock.

"Yes, you are. Easily getting tired is one of the symptoms of aging," Marina replied while smirking as the twins rolled their eyes.

"I just want to get out of this place," Belle said as a sigh escaped out of her mouth.

"And I want to give a good lesson to that Carl Esposito, who is he to stop us from leaving!!" Anne commented angrily.

"And I want to give a good lesson to that Carl Esposito, who is he to stop us from leaving!!" a bird, who was sitting on a nearby branch repeated Anne's words while chuckling.

"Wait, did that bird just repeat what I said?" Anne asked.

"Yes and looking at the speed it's repeating it, if anyone hears it, we are so into more trouble," Belle replied.

"That bird is going somewhere while chanting your words," Marina remarks while running after the bird.

"Shit!! I am so in trouble," Anne replies while hurrying off after the bird.

"That's why, I tell you to keep that beak of yours shut," Belle says irritatedly to her sister.

The three of them stop running when they see the bird is nicely perched on the wrist of none other than Lucio Esposito. Anne instantly paled up when she saw the bird's beak moving, she prepared herself for the words that the idiot bird was about to chant.

"That's why, I tell you to keep that beak of yours shut. Haha..." the bird repeated Belle's words while mocking Anne.

Instantly Anne relaxed but her temper flared up as she recalled the bird's mockery.

"I apologize on behalf of Zitto," Lucio apologized to the ladies.

"What an ironical name for a bird that is a total chatterbox," Anne thinks irritatedly.
(A/N - Zitto means silent and quiet.)

"It's your pet," Marina asked Lucio.

"Yes, his name is Zitto. But, there are many birds like him. The people of Benedizione groom these parrots and teach them to whistle. But, only mine is able to speak fluently."

Marina nods her head in understanding as the colorful feathered parrot flies off.

"So, these birds are very common here?" Marina asked Lucio, who too was staring at the bird.

"Yes, we call these birds 'Messaggeri Di Dio'."

"Messaggeri Di Dio, that's a nice name," Marina remarks.

"It literally means messenger of God, which they are to us," Lucio explained to Marina.

"But, why do you teach them how to whistle?" Marina asks Lucio, curiosity getting the best out if her.

"These birds have a very heavy and loud voice and they fly very swiftly and quickly. So, whenever any of my people need help, they whistle. If any of these birds are around, which they are since this is their homeland, they mimic it and whistle loudly. Hearing this whistle, any other person in the area quickly goes off to help the person they need."

"And what if there's no person nearby?"

"These birds continue to whistle and copy each other till help comes. They have been trained in this way," Lucio explains to Marina before disappearing somewhere. While Ally and Marina were busy seeing a flock of Messaggeri Di Dio flying above them.

"You know whenever I see Lucio, it feels like I have known him always," Belle says while looking at Anne.

"Me too," Anne agrees.

"Well, you two are twins." Marina comments while smirking at Ally.

"But I have more brain than her," Anne argues back.

"My dear sister, according to science, all humans have the same sized brain. It's just I use it more than you," Belle explains to Anne slowly like she is talking to a five-year-old kid.

"I see," Anne replies still processing Belle's words.

"Wait, did you just call me an idiot?" Anne asked suddenly realizing what Belle meant.

"Took you long enough to understand which in itself proves so," Belle replied while smirking.

"Sure," Anne says sarcastically while running after Belle, who immediately sprints away in another direction on seeing an angry Anne.

"And right now, my brain says RUN!!" Belle screams while running faster.

As the two twins deal with their sibling issues, Marina has a hearty laugh on their expenses.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
First of all, El Destino crossed 500 votes!! Yay🙌🙌
Thanks to all of my lovely readers who gave my book a chance.

Secondly, Happy Friendship Day to all of you💞💖💞

So, what did you think about Zitto? What was the best part in this chapter according to all of you? Please do answer.

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to a new lovely friend of mine Jasmine969946. 😊