CHAPTER 36 : LUCIO

Recap -

"Please enjoy your stay here, Your Majesty," Carl said leaving no space for argument while bowing and leaving with his wife.
____________________________________

"Come Marina, I will show you my town," Christopher said excitedly while dragging Marina out.

Nathan and others followed them shortly behind.

"Why are their two carriages?" Anne asked in confusion.

"That one is for four of you and this one is for me and Marina," Christopher replied, sitting in the carriage.

"No, we are coming with Marines," Belle argued as the twins ran towards Christopher's carriage, but it had already started off, much to the disappointment of the twins.

"If you want to come, then you better start off quickly," Christopher shouted to Ally.

"How... How dare they leave us behind!!" Ally screamed, anger coursing through their veins.

Quickly Ally strode back to their carriage, in which Nathan and Lucca had already settled. Snatching the reigns if the horses from the carriage driver, Ally glared at the carriage driver. Poor carriage driver quickly got down, afraid to be the target of the anger of the twins as Ally took over his place and charged the horses at full speed.

"Shouldn't we slow down a bit?" Lucca suggested to Ally, who glared at him, successfully silencing him.

"If we go at this speed, we will surely catch up with Marina," Nathan remarked nervously.

"Only if we are able to stay alive!!" Lucca screamed as the carriage jerked again.

(A few yards ahead...)
Marina laughed on hearing Lucca scream from time to time. Honestly, Ally were riding very furiously with the sole goal of catching up with Marina's carriage.

In this process, they didn't care about the little stones that came on their way, which could actually overturn the whole carriage. All their focus was to be with their Marines while Nathan and Lucca sat in the back, holding the carriage tightly and praying for their safety.

"I know you did made us ride in separate carriages intentionally, but why?" Marina asked Christopher.

"To lighten up the atmosphere because of my father you all seemed so tensed," Christopher answered honestly, ashamed of his father's rude behaviour.

"You really are very intelligent for kids of your age. Thank you for doing it," Marina said while planting a kiss on Christopher's forehead.

"You know our town is called Benedizione for a reason."

"What reason?" Marina asked curiously.

"Benedizione literally means a blessing. This land was and still is no less than a blessing for my family and all others."

"But how was this land hidden?"

"It was an open land when my grandfather came here. But, with the help of your grandfather, they blocked all the entrances and covered the area with caves and mountains."

"You mean those caves and mountains-"

"Are artificially implanted to hide this land. There are hundreds of domes and caves in this area, it is like a maze. Only we the people of Benedizione know the way out. Any common man will easily get lost in these caves," Christopher replied while cutting off Marina midway.

Just then Marina heard a cry of help coming from a distant area. Immediately, she jumped from the moving carriage, which was moving at a mild speed. As soon as her feet touched the ground, Marina quickly made her way towards the source of the voice. Panting, she reached a beautiful but vast lake. A little girl was crying out for help in the middle of the lake as she fought to keep herself above water surface.

On seeing the girl drowning, Marina jumped into the deep lake not thinking about the consequences. She wasted no time and quickly swam towards the girl. Holding her firmly, Marina started to swim back towards the land.

But, the lake was deep, Marina's clothes were wet and weighing her down and the additional weight of the unconscious girl, didn't help her case at all. Marina was slowly losing her strength, her pace and movements.

She was sure of one thing - she had to save this little girl at any cost. With this newfound determination, she swam further and pushed the girl forcefully towards the land. Luckily, the girl regained some consciousness, enough to swim up a bit more and cover the distance.

Marina saw the girl sitting on the land and slowly the darkness started to engulf her, her senses becoming numb as her body started to drown.

Suddenly out of nowhere a man jumped into the lake. Swimming swiftly through the water, he caught Marina, who wasn't very far from the land. Then, picking her up bridal style, he stood up on the base of the lake and made his way towards the land.

"Who are you?" an almost unconscious Marina asked the man.

"Lucio," the man whispered.

That was the last thing Marina heard before her body gave in and darkness engulfed her, not giving Marina the chance to ask any more questions from the unknown man, from her saviour.

Lucio held Marina in his arms as he sat on the land catching his breath. All his clothes were drenched with water. Water dripped from his blonde hair as he roughly pushed them aside from his eyes. His white tunic stuck to him like a second skin, revealing his well built.

Lucio looked at the black beauty in his arms and then at the little unconscious girl that laid beside him. He couldn't believe that people like the girl in his arms still existed in the outer world, people who were willing to endanger their lives for other's sake.

"Brother!!"

Lucio turned around to see his ten year old little brother running towards him along with the carriage driver.

"Christopher, what are you doing here?"

"What happened to Marina?"

The two brothers asked each other at the same time.

"Marina?" Lucio asked, surprised.

"Yes, she is the Princess of Torrentice."

"Driver, carry this little girl and quickly take us back to our house," Lucio ordered the carriage driver while carrying Marina (bridal style) towards the carriage. Suddenly, a voice halted Lucio's footsteps.

"Where are you taking her?"

Lucio turned around to the direction of the voice. He saw a brown haired, green eyed, tall, well built man standing in front of him with a frown gracing his chiselled features.

"Who are you?" Lucio asked the man suspiciously while noting his royal clothes.

"I am Prince Nathanial Verdirosi and that person in your arms is my wife," Nathan replied through gritted teeth, not liking the sight (Marina in a stranger's arms) at all.

"Well, if you want to know where am I taking her, then you need to follow me," Lucio answered angrily, sitting in the carriage. The newfound knowledge changed his demeanor towards Nathan.

The carriage rode off quickly towards the Esposito House. Ally followed them shortly behind, trying their best not to be the cause of Nathan and Lucca's death.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
I know I am a really bad author. I didn't update for two weeks and I am really sorry. I had continuous tests and they got over on Wednesday. Sorry everyone.

By the way, El Destino crossed 1.5 k reads😊😊

Back to the story, what do you think of Lucio and Marina's actions? What was the best part according to you of this chapter?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)