CHAPTER 9 : REBEL

"What do you mean you wanted to go?" Queen Sofia asked her daughter.

"Mom, I just wanted to go out and see Alves. It's not like I was going to be murdered," Marina reasoned out.

"Marina, this is not a joke. Angel you have to understand Alves is dangerous not only for you, but for anyone under the sun," King Wilhelm remarked while coming to the rescue of his daughter.

"Very good, she goes out without protection or permission and all you do is tell her to understand. It's because of this attitude of yours that this girl has become so stubborn and a total rebel," Queen Sofia replied while pointing an accusing finger towards King Wilhelm.

She angrily walked out from Marina's room but not before giving a death glare to the father and daughter.

"Now what?" Marina asked her father whilst folding her arms on her chest.

"Angel, just because I defended you, doesn't mean I am happy with your actions. If we are telling you something it's for your own good and you should listen to us."

"Dad, I am sorry," Marina said while looking down on the ground.

"It's okay, I will go and see your mother. You know her anger is just like steam, it lasts only for a few minutes," King Wilhelm replied while laughing.

King Wilhelm walkes out of Marina's room to find where his fuming wife went.

~Next Day ~

"I am bored to death. Why the hell am I stuck here? One thing is clear Torrentice is far - far - far - far - far - far better than Alves," Marina continued to grumble when the Queen and King enter her room.

"Good morning dad, mom."

"Good morning, Angel."
"Good morning, Marines."

King Wilhelm cleared his throat before continuing.

"Marina, your mother and I are going to attend the royal ball hosted by the royal family of Alves. The ball will be attended by many royals except--"

"Me."

"Angel, don't look at us like that you know I--"

"We don't need to give her any kind of explanation, what we are doing is for her own good. That's all she needs to know. Also, you will be locked in your room tonight, till we come back."

With that said, Queen Sofia disappeared into the hallway leaving behind a shocked and gaping Marina.

"Me, Locked!! Not happening!!"

"Angel don't take your mother's words to heart, but, yes the locking part was true. It's not about trust, its about your safety. I can only hope that you will understand the situation and our actions. Precaution is better than cure," King Wilhelm said with a sad smile as he exited the room, but not before planting a kiss on the forehead of his beloved daughter.

"Precaution, my foot!!" Marina said angrily while stomping her foot on the ground.

"Open the damn door!!" Marina said for the hundredth time, only to be accompanied by an eerie silence.

The silence had been the only response Marina had received from the royal guards that were diligently doing their duty of keeping the Princess locked. Marina could not believe that her parents had really locked her in her room. All her pleas and shouts from the past half an hour were never replied or even listened to.

"Fine!! Don't open the door!!" Marina replied angrily while kicking the door in the process.

Just then her eyes landed on the window in her bedroom, a ray of hope lit up in her eyes.

"Who needs a door when you have a window?" Marina asked herself while smirking.

************************************************************
Hello!! So, I am back and as promised I updated the story on Sunday. Well, I know this chapter may not seem so good. But, its the base for the upcoming ones. So bear it with me, please?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. I will try to update on Tuesday.