CHAPTER 10 : ALFREDO

Recap:
"Who needs door, when you have a window?" Marina asked herself while smirking.
------------------------------------------------------

Marina sat down below a tree, breathless and tired from all the running and jumping. Yes, you heard it right. Our dear Princess Marina jumped from her bedroom's window to escape from her room.

After a few seconds, Marina got up and looked at her clothes - royal clothes, which were not at all suitable for roaming in the city, that too when the night was setting. She sighed heavily and decided to wander for a few seconds, before heading back to her 'prison cell'.

While roaming about aimlessly her eyes landed on the nearby fountain decorated with lights and god knows what all, making it all sparkly and glittery. Without even realization, Marina made her way towards the glowing fountain through a tunnel that seemed ages old and well hidden with shrubs and mud.

Marina tried to step out from the tunnel as silently as possible, but, her precious leather boots failed to keep up with her determination. Sighing, she continued to walk towards the fountain while her boots made their own sweet rhythm.

"What a beautiful fountain!" Marina said to herself while dipping her hand in the cold water and smiling at her reflection.

"I wonder who it belongs to or better where am I?" Marina wondered out aloud.

"What are you doing here?"

Marina turned back to see the speaker, only to meet a pair of green eyes.

"Nathan&-" She stopped midway and a frown forming on her face when she took in the clothes Nathan was wearing. It was not like the clothes were ugly or he looked bad. But, these clothes weren't the clothes any trader wore, in fact they were clothes that only royals wore.

"I know I am really handsome, but this is not the best time to check me out," Nathan said while smirking.

Marina nodded absent mindedly, when the realization hit her hard.

"What? No. I wasn't checking--"

Marina's words are cut off by Nathan's laughter. After all, it was not an every day affair to find her flustered.

"You know you can stop now," Marina remarked slightly irritated.

"By the way, how come you being a trader have these royal clothes?"

"Why? You think I am poor?" Nathan asked, trying not to sound nervous.

"No, but still I was just... curious."

"It's okay, I understand. I am close friends with the Prince of Alves. So, he offered them to me and requested me to wear these clothes."

Marina arched her eyebrow up but shrugged away the suspicion. It was not her place to question, besides Nathan was her friend, at least she thought of him as one.

"So, you are also attending the ball," Marina said as a matter-of-fact.

"Yeah," Nathan replied while scratching his neck and suddenly finding more amusement in ground, continues to stare at it.

"I am up here."

"I know," Nathan cleared his throat before continuing. "By the way what are you doing here? Don't tell me you ran away yet again?"

"Okay, I won't," Marina replied while smiling innocently, making Nathan groan.

Every time he tried to help this princess, all she did was act like a rebel, a stubborn kid and deliberately put herself into some trouble.

"Don't give me that look as it is I am going," Marina said while walking away.

"Wait, do you even know the way back?"

"I -uh- know. I will just trace my way back, it's an easy job and I can do it."

"Surely, you can," Nathan remarked while narrowing his eyes on Marina.

"I am going, you go back too and everything will be fine."

"You sure about the way? I can drop--"

"Yes, now go back."

"You know I don't have any problem, I can come with you."

"I know but I am fine."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

After a lot of persuasion, Nathan gave up and went back inside the castle, but not before telling Marina he'd be there for her, just in case anything happened. Marina smiled at this thought. Sure Nathan was a really stubborn and arrogant person but he could be really nice too - that was one thing Marina was sure.

Marina continued to climb up the tunnel when her leg slipped and she landed hard directly on the ground.

"Ouch, that must have hurt."

Marina turned around to find a blonde haired blue eyed boy, smirking at her while extending his hand towards her.

"And you are?" Marina asked while jerking away his hand and getting up on her own whilst brushing off the dust from her clothes.

"Prince Alfredo Verdirosi, Prince of Alves," He replied while shamelessly checking out Marina.

Marina took it as her cue to leave. She barely covered half a yard when strong pairs of arms caged her and she found herself in a rather uncomfortable position with the Prince of Alves.

"If that's who the Prince of Alves is, then I am going to have second, no two hundred, thoughts before coming to this kingdom again," Marina said to herself.

"Where are you going beauty? Won't you spend time with me? Come, let's go into my room," Prince Alfredo offered while dragging Marina with himself but Marina was not like any other girl. She pushed the Prince away and with a pure look of hatred and disgust refused him.

"NO!!!"

"What? How dare you say no to me, you strumpet, little wench?" Prince Alfredo asked angrily and in a swift movement pinned Marina on the wall while gripping her shoulders tight enough to leave marks.

He glared at her, fury and lust dancing in his eyes as he inspected the blue eyed girl, who had dared to refuse him, but now stood at his disposal. Alfredo smirked at this thought.

"How dare you?" Marina shouted back at Alfredo and with the help of her free hand quickly pulled out the dagger from Alfredo's waist belt, slashing his wrist.

The prince backed away with a yelp as the deep red blood started to flow from his wrist.

A fury of emotions were whirling inside Marina - anger, shock, sadness and above all disgust. Breathless and tired Marina stumbled inside the palace. The whole palace was decorated beautifully with lights as if a function was going on.

"Yes, the ball," Marina thought and continued to move forward, in the hope of finding her parents, anyone, but Alfredo.

After a few turns to left, a few to right, Marina found herself in front of a ballroom. Before she could take a step ahead, her hands were held tightly by the Prince. With all her might, Marina screamed hard, the first word that crossed her mind, that now would decide the events that were about to unfold.

************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
So, this chapter was long. But, I hope you liked it?

Any guesses, what that one word would be? Come on at least try!!

Till the next update, keep shining;)

- Love Addy ;)

P.S. If you liked this chapter, please press the little star 🌟 at the bottom.