CHAPTER 47 : CHOICES, DECISION AND REGRET

Recap -

Ally and Lucio leave for Vincenzo Island. Due to Princess Admiranda's message of arrival Nathan and Lucca stay back at Mystic Falls along with Marina and Alicia as her companion.
---------------------------------------------------------
It had been barely ten minutes since Marina returned to the Mystic Falls' Palace, but she could already feel Ally and Lucio's absence.

"Don't try to make your presence felt, try to make your absence felt," Marina quoted the line she had read from a book long ago.

"That's a beautiful line," Alicia Deander, the royal huntress, remarked while standing at the door.

"Alicia? Come in. Why are you standing there?" Marina replied, quickly getting up from the bed.

"I am sorry for disturbing you, Your Highness."

"Firstly, call me Marina--"

"But--"

"If you consider me as your friend. Secondly, do you seriously consider laying on a bed as being busy?" Marina asked dryly.

"Well, when Jake made me practice the courtesies, he sort of made me rehearse this way and you were supposed to be busy," Alicia replied, pouting like a kid.

"Sorry for not being busy," Marina chuckled.

"No, it's okay. Anyways, I think you must be aware that I am going to be --"

"My comparison and bodyguard? Yes. But, you don't have to do that."

"It's okay, I really like you and admire your courage, sword fighting and knowledge. Besides, Jake's has gone to the Vincenzo Island and I am allowed to go back at night," Alicia replied, smiling.

"Um... who's Jake?" Marina asked, hesitantly.

"Jake is my husband and the commander-in-chief of the royal army of Mystic Falls. Besides, he thought if I'd be around you, then I won't try to wander alone in the forest."

"Oh, I see."

"So, would you like to take a tour of Mystic Falls' Palace?"

"Sure, I didn't get much time to see the palace."

"Because someone was busy exploring the wilderness of the forest," Marina's inner voice replied sarcastically, much to Marina's dismay.

Marina decided to ignore her inner voice and followed Alicia.

~ Two hours later ~

"Well, this was the royal library and it's treasured books," Alicia said as she exited the library along with Marina.

"So, I was wondering if you want me to do something like dance or juggle to make that frown frown turn upside down?" Alicia asked, looking at Marina.

"Wait-what?"

"I said--"

"No, I heard what you said. But, why do you think I would want you to dance or juggle?" Marina asked, partly amused.

"I thought that's how people entertained the royal family," Alicia replied, her cheeks burning with embarrassment.

Marina chuckled, but quickly sobered up on seeing Alicia's glare.

"Why do you think you need to entertain me?"

"Because your mood hasn't been the best, especially since our encounter with Prince Nathaniel, who seemed busy with the preparations for the arrival of Princess Admiranda."

Marina hissed on hearing the name of the person whose name shall not be taken.

"You don't like her?"