CHAPTER 25 : LUCCA ROSSO

Recap -

"As you wish..." Marina said while laying down as Ally exited the room.
------------------------------------------------------
"It's been an hour, why have Ally not returned and my head- it feels so heavy," Marina cried out aloud.

Brialle licks Marina's face, he felt bad for his master.

"I am fine Brialle, just a bit dizzy," Marina assures Brialle, giving him a weak smile.

Since Ally had left, Marina started feeling lethargic, her head ached, it felt like it could burst any moment. As the time passed, it only worsened and was soon followed by dizziness.

Marina decided to call someone for help, but when she tried to get up, she stumbled and fell back on the bed. She heard footsteps and Brialle's loud barking, before darkness engulfed her.

~30 minutes later~

"Where am I?" Marina asked herself as she took in her surroundings.

She was laying on her bed with no sign of Ally and Brialle and the fact that she was wearing the same black dress which Queen Rosalind had given her earlier, confused her.

Marina tried to get up, but her head started aching at double speed. She did not feel any dizziness, but what she felt was worse than it. She felt like she had lost control over herself, she was not able to think straight. Her mind had decided to go on a long vacations.

"Marina, are you ready? Come honey, we are getting late," Queen Rosalind said while grinning evilly as she pulled Marina to stand up.

Marina wanted to ask about Ally, Brialle, but, her mouth would not move. She did not want to go anywhere, that too in that horrendous dress, but, it seemed like her legs, body were not in her control. They were blindly following Queen Rosalind.

Queen Rosalind dragged Marina down the corridor that lead to the ball room, where the reunion was being held. She smirked at Marina's blank face. Marina knew it was all Queen Rosalind's doing, her eyes welled up with tears as she embraced herself for the worst because clearly her body wasn't going to listen to her.

Just when Marina was going to enter the ball room, someone snatched her away from Queen Rosalind's grip. Queen Rosalind turned around ready to lash out at the intruder. So, imagine her shock when she sees none other than Nathan.

"Na-Nathan?? What are you doing here? You were supposed to come back after a week," Queen Rosalind stuttered, shock evident in her voice.

Nathan glared at Queen Rosalind while sliding down his coat on Marina's bare shoulders.

"Wait here," Nathan gently said to Marina.

"I am so sorry to disrupt the reunion of all you lovely ladies," Nathan says while entering the ball room.

"You see my mother suddenly fell ill, she is in a pretty serious condition and will not be able to attend this meeting. So, I kindly request all of you to dismiss this reunion. My mother has a weird contagious flu which I wouldn't want any of you lovely ladies to have. I am sorry but-"

"We get it, thank you for notifying us."

"Please tell Queen Rosalind to take care."

"I remembered my husband would be back by now."

"My son is coming back today too, I better hurry."

Within a few minutes, each lady was out of the excuse with some or the other lame excuse. Obviously, they valued their lives and beauty more than some name sake friendship.

"WHAT THE HELL? WHY DID YOU LIE TO THEM?" an angry Queen Rosalind shouts at Nathan.

"I will deal with you later and don't you dare talk to me in that language again ever, especially after what you have done," Nathan orders Queen Rosalind while glaring at her.

As a Prince, Nathan had a higher status than the Queen and this was not something that Queen Rosalind needed to be reminded.

Queen Rosalind grits her teeth as Nathan carries Marina back to their room in bridal style.

Nathan places down a shivering Marina on the bed.

"Na-Nathan??" Marina says while shivering.

"Princess, I am here. I am not going anywhere, the doctors would be here any moment," Nathan says while holding Marina's hands. Her whole body seemed like it was on fire.

"Al-Ally...Brialle," Marina murmurs to Nathan while trying to get up.

"They will be here too, very soon. You trust me, right?"

"Yes," Marina replies before going unconscious.

"Even though you are in such a bad condition, all you do is worry for others. How can you be so nice, Princess?" Nathan asks an unconscious Marina while tugging back her hair strand that had fallen out of it's place.

"Your Majesty, the doctors are here," Lucca Rosso says while barging through the door.

"And what about Ally and Brialle? Did you find them?"

"Yes sire, they were found tied in their room with Brialle."

"Your Majesty, I have changed Princess' clothes," the maid whom Nathan had called answers.

"Thank you, you may leave."

"We are sorry for the delay, Your Majesty. Where is the Princess?"
Lord Viterbo, the royal doctor and healer, asked Nathan.

"There," Nathan pointed towards an unconscious Marina.

"Lucca?"

"Yes sire."

"Why are Ally and Brialle not here?"

"Brialle is with Princess Catherine and Ally-I mean, both Miss Schweitzers are on their way," Lucca replied.

Lucca Rosso was Nathan's most loyal friend and follower. Lucca himself belonged to a noble family, he was a Duke. But, he had abandoned all that to be with Nathan, to make sure Nathan always had somebody whom he could trust.

Lucca was aware of the noble's and the king's dislike towards Nathan, but, he also knew only Nathan could save Alves or whatever that was left of Alves. He had rarely seen Nathan so worried, worried enough to abandon their meeting in between and rush back to Alves without taking any rest.

But, Lucca was sure of one thing that Nathan and Marina were a match made in heaven, that the two would always have each other's back. He smiled as he saw Nathan scolding the doctors for not starting the treatment till now.
************************************************************
Hello dear readers!!
I know it was a bit boring chapter, but, trust me next chapter will pay for all the boredom of this chapter😉. I am not giving any spoilers.😙

So, what do you think happened to Marina? And what are your thoughts about Lucca Rosso?

I know not much of Maran in this chapter, any moment you liked of them in this chapter?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter us dedicated to my lovely friend, reader and an amazing author DanielleUpchurch😊. Thank you so much for your support😍😍