CHAPTER 53: HOME(PART 1)

Nathan entered his bedroom tiredly. All the meetings and discussions had tired him out or maybe it was just the knowledge of what day was tomorrow that soured his mood and tired him. Sighing, he laid down on the bed as his eyes tried to spot his princess, his amore.

For now, all he wanted to do was lay down with his blue eyed Princess and forget everything, forget tomorrow. However, the person in question wasn't around. He frowned, thinking about how Marina had been busy since Ally and Lucio got back. He had seen her few hours ago at the dinner table, but she immediately left after finishing her dinner.

Nathan closed his eyes, remembering all the torturous birthday balls King Vladimir used to force him to attend. When Nathan was a kid, he used to think that Silvette (the capital of Alves) was his home, but as he started to grow up he realized Silvette's Palace wasn't his home. It was a mere building,a ghost of the place where his mother lived, where he was born.

When Nathan was twelve years old, he finally came to know about his mother's memorabilia for him. The state his mother left for him - Mystic Falls. Its' mere name filled Nathan with euphoria. He always felt at peace, knowing he was with his mother, in his mother's place. From them on, Mystic Falls became his home.

Nathan opened his eyes as he sat up on the bed. He wondered why he couldn't feel at ease today, where had all the serinity vanished. The palace which thrilled him, was making him feel suffocated today. The four walls that made him feel safe and protected, irked him right now.

Frustrated, Nathan got up from the bed, then he spotted a letter placed neatly on the armchair. Picking up the letter, he quickly opened it and started reading it.

Dear Ryon Trader,
                               If you wish to meet the Princess, you are invited to play a game of riddles.

Riddle 1:
It may be night or day,
But it's always bright in there,
Between books and words,
Admiration shouldn't be judged,
It's different from love,
A bond so strong, so pure.

What is this place?

                                            - Your amore,
                                                  Marina.

Nathan smiled as he read the letter again. No doubt that writing belonged to Marina, his amore. He breathed a sigh of relief as he realised she was safe and sound.

Making thought about the riddle. Marina had first heard about Princess Admiranda from him in the royal library, where there was always light. During the day, the light came through the windows and at night the library was lit by lamps and torches.

Nathan rushed towards the royal library, but he found nothing there. The reference to book was for library, right? So, what had me missed.

He read the riddle again.

"It may be night or day,
But it's always bright in there,
Between books and words,
Admiration shouldn't be judged,
It's different from love,
A bond so strong, so pure.

What is this place?"

Nathan thought about the riddle. Books are kept stacked neatly in library. Also, library happens to be the place which always had light. During the day, the light came through the windows and at night the library was lit by lamps and torches.

The bond a reader has with books is different from love. It is strong and pure. Admiration might refer to the feeling one has towards the immense knowledge stored by a book. And he come back to the part where all this is related with books.

Nathan rushed towards the royal library, but he found nothing there.

"The reference to book was for library, right? So, what had I missed?" Nathan asked himself.

"It may be night or day,
But it's always bright in there,
Between books and words,
Admiration shouldn't be judged,
It's different from love,
A bond so strong, so pure.

What is this place?"

All that the riddle had were clues for words and books. Nathan thought, when his eyes stopped at the last lines.

Admiration shouldn't be judged.
It's different from love,
A bond so strong, so pure.

"What if admiration is a symbolical reference to Princess Admiranda. Marina had judged Admiranda on the basis of the lie she had told to Marina about my marriage with Admiranda. When in reality, Admiranda was only helping us to confess our feelings. My relationship with Admiranda is that of friendship. Friendship is a bond that is very strong and pure," Nathan replied to himself.

"So, last few lines are indicated towards Admiranda. But what about the first few lines? " 

It may be night or day,
But it's always bright in there,
Between books and words.

"Admiranda helped us confess our feelings.... Wait! Words, yes words! Words may refer to our confession. Then the place where there's always light would be the glass ceiling room in the mansion. The mansion's glass ceiling illuminates the room all the time!!"

"Why am I talking to myself?" Nathan asked himself again as he went to the stables and rode off on his horse towards the mansion.

"If you found this letter, then congratulations you are just one step away from finding the princess. Now, carefully solve the next riddle if to find your amore.

Riddle 2:

You know where she is,
Yet you rarely come down to meet her, You know you love her,
Yet actions fail to prove it to her,
You know she is the brightest star in the universe,
Yet you don't converse with her,
But if you still seek to meet her,
You know she is waiting at the horizon's end.

Go to this place and meet her..."
************************************************************************
Hey guys!
Yes, I am back with an update

What do you think is the answer of the second riddle?

How many of you guessed the first one right?

Also, this chapter is dedicated to my dear friend and reader ItstheLASTKOOKIE! She's an amazing person, guys! If anyone likes K-pop, you gotta talk to her. Thank you so much for your support and 😘😘

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)