CHAPTER 14: THE PALACE OF ALVES

"You are not wearing this right?" Queen Sofia asks her daughter, who was dressed in a black and blue armour like corset top and a black pleated knee length skirt. Not to mention, a long black cape and boots along with a pair of blue dazzling earrings and coal black bracelet.

"What do you mean by this? Obviously I am wearing this."

"But, we are going to meet royal family of Alves to discuss about your engagement. At least take into account the gravity of the situation. Please go and change into a gown right now!!"

"But, I look good enough and--"

"She is right, let the child breathe. If she does not want to wear a gown, it's perfectly fine. Besides, our daughter is naturally beautiful, a gown cannot match her grace," King Wilhelm says while interfering in the mother - daughter argument.

"Well, she wouldn't have to if she had not sneaked ou--"

"Sofy, we have already gone through this. There is no amount of talk that can reverse the time."

"Marina go sit in the carriage with Anne and Belle, we are coming," King Wilhelm informed his daughter.

(Marina leaves...)

"I-I just don't like it, I had many dreams for Marina. Never in my wildest dreams had I thought of her marrying the Prince of Alves. I mean, we all know how things are here, how will our daughter survive? How will she face this parallel world? She will be crushed, Wilhelm," Queen Sofia said while hugging her husband.

"I know Sofy, I know. Do you think I am happy? Do you think I wanted my daughter's marriage like this? No, I didn't, but, it's not in my hands. Even though Prince Nathaniel did all this for the well being of my angel. But, this whole announcement in front of all the royals of the Ardimentoso compels us to go ahead with this marriage."

"But, why can't we break it?"

"It would be like giving an open invitation of war to Alves because our rejection would be taken as an insult. I can't shatter this peace that was achieved with so much difficulty by our ancestors and make people go through chains of wars and destruction. Besides, if we break this engagement, it will just add fuel to all those false rumors about Marina that Prince Nathaniel suppressed. However, I promise you one thing, no matter what happens I will not let my angel's wings be cut, I will not let her be chained and her freedom begone," King Wilhelm said firmly.
------------------------------------------------------
(At the Palace of Alves)

"Welcome, welcome to the Palace of Alves, King Wilhelm, Queen Sofia and Princess Marina of the Ardimentoso of Oceans," King Vladimir Verdirosi greeted the royals while leading them to the main hall.

"We are honored to have you all here with us. I am--"

"She is my wife, Queen Rosalind," King Vladimir said, rudely cutting off his wife.

"I am Princess Marina and am very pleased to meet you Queen Rosalind," Marina replied while smiling to Queen Rosalind and ignoring the scowl on King Vladimir's face.

Well, it was new for him to see someone talk to his wife rather than him and surely he did not like a tad bit of it.

"Please sit down and be comfortable. Here, my son has come," King Vladimir announced Prince Nathaniel's arrival while the rest sat down on their respective chairs.

"Good morning King Wilhelm, Queen Sofia, mother and Princess Marina," Nathaniel bowed while greeting everyone except his father.

"Good morning to you too son," King Vladimir quickly added up to escape embarrassment.

Nathaniel took the chair opposite of Marina. Now, both of them were sitting directly in front of each other. Prince Nathaniel was wearing a yellow tunic embroidered with green and golden, brown trousers while his royal sword dangled in his belt. His tunic had borders of golden and highlighted his well- built body.

To add to this, his hair was parted to one side that covered one part of his eyes, making Marina's eyes stay longer on Nathan than they were supposed to. Soon, she found herself getting absorbed in his green orbs. The two shared an eye contact which was soon broken by King Vladimir's voice.

"So, let's start our conversation about yesterday's events and engagement."

"Not without me," Someone said or rather shouted while barging through the door.

************************************************************
Hello my dear readers!!
Yes, I am back.

So who do you think is that person who barged? Any guesses? Come on at least try!!

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter is dedicated to my dear friend MandiraSinha3. 😇😇