CHAPTER 13 : GREEN EYED ARROGANT PRINCE

"Okay, so you sneaked out of the guest room - twice, got lost and went to the palace, Prince Alfredo misbehaved with you rather tried to. Then Nathan came and saved you. Nathan, the trader, turned out to be Prince Nathaniel Verdirosi, who helped you by making you his fiancé, that too in front of all the kings, royals of other kingdoms!!" Belle exclaimed.

"This is a lot of information to digest," Anne added up quickly.

While Belle continued to walk around Marina's room, Marina remained seated on the armchair in her room, silently observing Ally.

"You are in a great trouble, Missy," Belle said while sitting on the other armchair.

"I already know that. But, seriously I mean I got engaged to that arrogant Prince against my wish."

"Well, he only tried to help you and he did give a justified reason for his action. Besides, it's your fault in the first place for sneaking out."

"Now you are taking his side," Marina repled while frowning.

"Belle is not taking his side. Though I agree that the lying part about his identity was not right, but, then you only tell me how was he to explain you why he was protecting you from his own brother?" Anne asked to Marina.

"How was he supposed to tell you the atmosphere of his kingdom, which by the way is not so good, at least for women. Keep yourself in his place and imagine explaining a royalty from a culturally prosperous kingdom about the depreciating state of your kingdom. Will you be able to do that? Had you been in his place would you have done that?" Belle said while crossing her arms over her chest.

"I-I don't know. I did not think from that perspective. Maybe it will be difficult, I mean--"

"You would not be able to do so or better you could not have done that yourself," Anne remarked, cutting off Marina, while Marina simply nodded.

"Okay, we have to go to meet Your Majesty. It's about time to let them know about our presence--" Belle stopped on seeing Marina's questioning gaze.

"Don't give us this puzzled look. You clearly know we always come to meet you first. We have to leave now, also, now that this lying scenario is finished start thinking about this engagement scenario," Belle said while getting up and dragging Anne with her.

The two sisters had arrived only half an hour before from Torrentice. The revolt had been successfully suppressed, with no harm to civilians. As soon as the conditions in Torrentice had gotten better, Ally had come back to Marina with a lightning speed.

"It-this engagement won't last."

By the time Marina replies the two were already gone.

Marina groaned remembering the engagement, her engagement. A slight guilt creept up in her, as she was thinking about the way she had argued with Nathan- Prince Nathaniel, Marina corrected herself.

"I was so into the moment that instead of thanking him, I only yelled and shouted at him," Marina said to herself, while collapsing on her bed.

She unconsciously started playing with her ring, her engagement ring. A smile came upon her face on seeing the ring.

The ring that Nathan had given her was really beautiful. It had a design of flower with a white diamond as the centre piece, small blue sapphires forming the petals and a silver base complementing the texture of white and blue.

Marina had always disliked jewellery, especially gold. She could just not bear the weight of all those glittering, heavy ornaments. The gold and she were arch enemies. So, naturally the silver was more liked by her. Her motto was simple 'Beauty lies in simplicity'. Well, the ring did fit into the description perfectly.

She sighed heavily thinking about tomorrow, her engagement and finally about Nathan, how he would always help her. She was well aware of the fact that Nathan too was tied in an engagement with her, against his wish.

She grimaced at this thought and started thinking about Nathan, their meeting, his helpfulness and his emerald green eyes. Marina had never met a person with such a beautiful pair of green eyes. Emerald was a really different colour, a good different - Marina thought.

Marina was smiling at the memory of the green eyed arrogant Prince when sadness suddenly engulfed those green eyes. Again guilt crept up, she knew her words had hurt Na-Prince Nathaniel, she was able to see sadness and hurt in his eyes. She did not want to make him feel that bad, not intentionally at least.

Marina groaned at herself and made a mental note to maybe apologize.

"Yes, maybe, because I don't want to increase his already large ego and arrogance."

With a smirk tugging on her lips, Marina found her eyes drooping.

"Well, today was a heavy day, I need some rest. I will think tomorrow about the engagement," Marina muttered to herself as the darkness engulfed her.

************************************************************
Hello dear readers!! I am back as said on Sunday.

So, after knowing both Marina and Nathaniel's reasons. What do you as a reader think is the reason for Nathanial lying about his identity?

Till the next update, keep shining ;)

- Love Addy :)

P.S. This chapter us dedicated to my lovely friend and author @SakinaNasir5253. Thank you so much for your support and edits. 😘

P.P.S. 'El Destino' reached #14 in Historical fiction, last week. Thanks to all my lovely readers .💕