CHAPTER 27: FORGIVENESS

Marina woke up with a pounding head and aching body. It felt like she had gone through a relentless exercise schedule, all her muscles were so sore. She tried to get up, but, something was weighing her down.

She peeled her eyes open, only to come face to face with Nathan, who had cuddled against her. She tried a lot to get up without making any noise, but, didn't succeed. Marina called out to Nathan three times in a row, but, when he did not budge, she simply pushed him off the bed. Nathan landed with a thud on the floor.

"Oh God!! What the hell just happened?" Nathan asked while sitting up, his elbows (on the bed) supporting his weight.

"Care to explain why we were cuddling?"

"You really don't remember anything that happened yesterday, do you Princess?" Nathan asked while smirking.

After racking her brain, Marina finally started remembering - the dress, Queen Rosalind, how Nathan helped her, their dance, fuzzy wuzzy and finally their kiss. Marina's cheek instantly flamed up out of embarrassment from her actions, but, she wasn't sure about the kiss part. It was a pretty blurred image.

"Did we really kiss or is it just my imagination and headache doing wonders on my memory? Well, I can't really ask Nathan. What if we didn't? Then he would think I was fantasising kissing him."

Nathan's voice brought Marina out of her thoughts.

"So, you do remember," Nathan answered himself while getting up from the floor and sitting on the bed

"How did this happen?" Marina asked Nathan.

"You were drugged."

"What??"

"You were drugged. You know D-R-U-G-"

"Yes, yes, I got it. But, who did so?"

"Queen Rosalind and that reminds me she has a lot if explaining to do. By the way, how do you feel?"

"Like thousand carriages ran over me," Marina replied bluntly.

"It's okay, you will feel better."

"Where are you going?"

"To bathe, why you want to join?" Nathan asked while smirking.

"N-No, what I meant was, why are you getting up so early, I take bath at this time," Marina replied, blushing.

"I see, well today I am going to beat you and get ready first," Nathan said while grinning as he hurried off.

After bathing, Nathan quickly dressed up and went somewhere, but, not before telling Marina to come to Queen Rosalind's room as soon as she was ready.

~At Queen Rosalind's room~

"*KNOCK, KNOCK*"

"Come in," Queen Rosalind answered while sipping her morning tea.

"Oh-Uh Nathan. Come sit, son," Queen Rosalind said nervously.

"You know that I am not here for a chit-chat," Nathan answered while standing in front of Queen Rosalind.

"Then, why are you here?" Queen Rosalind asked while placing her cup on the table.

"Why did you do it?"

"What did I do?"

"Don't act so innocent!!" Nathan shouted at Queen Rosalind while banging his palm on the table.

"You drugged Marina, made her wear that dress of yours. Why?"

"How-"

"Don't even try denying it, I have evidence against you. What was that maid's name? Madeline? Yes, Madeline. Lucca has caught her and she has confessed everything."